Celtic vs Ranger55 - 21 March 12pm

29 minutes ago, The Golden God said:

I think in a few years people will be asked about the game on Thursday night with the crazy foul from Roofe, the racism and the alleged fight in the dressing room, then someone will say there was an OF game 4 days later and no one will even remember it or a single thing that happened during it. One of the most boring, non eventful games I've ever watched.

It’ll go down in history with the **** as the dead rubber Morelos finally scored in.

41 minutes ago, Henrik's tongue said:

It’ll go down in history with the **** as the dead rubber Morelos finally scored in.

He was always going to get 1 as did Boyd eventually he just won’t be remembered as one of the great strikers that have played in this particular fixture. 

23 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:

That disappointed update fair tickled me.

Surely the grim determination of a call to arms would provide the motivation to just walk it, no? Or at least ask someone for a lift or to chip in for a taxi? 

Edited by Golden Gordon

35 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Shocking that the Scottish media are more interested in some fanny posting shit on the internet than the sectarian murder of a young father of 3, not even a mention of it on Clyde news today yet this morning they reported a 17yr arrested for a racist post. Scotland’s dirty little secret it seems. Heartbreaking for the family. 

Firstly, multiple news and media outlets have covered the story. Just because Clyde news never mentioned it today hardly points towards the Scottish media trying to cover up a murder because it suits some kind of imaginary narrative.

Secondly, I was unaware it was a sectarian attack. As far as I've seen, all of the reports on it are quoting the Detective Chief Inspector as saying they are working to find out the exact circumstances of what's happened and why. No suggestion at all that I've seen that sectarianism was a motivating factor at this point (although, it may well be).

It's tragic that someone has lost their life, just don't try and point score as if the media are desperate to highlight a Celtic fan being racist compared to a Celtic fan being murdered - that's simply not true.

Edit: it seems they did actually cover it

Edited by AJF

3 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Yet giving more time to a racist post than a sectarian motivated murder. 

8071CD66-1DB4-49FB-91E5-158133B0A2E2.jpeg

EE90F974-7914-4F66-BE48-103CC5E6CC33.jpeg

7A5C8742-D44A-446E-AC06-C50F7B67134A.jpeg

I'll probably regret pursuing this, but I've a couple of simple questions:

In what way have they given it more time?

Where is it suggested the murder was sectarian motivated?

I saw everyone praising Broon on Sunday and when I saw the footage I was preparing for the biggest cringe of all time as I thought he was going to ostentatiously take a knee in front of Kamara but aye it was fine. Good of him to acknowledge it.

3 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I saw everyone praising Broon on Sunday and when I saw the footage I was preparing for the biggest cringe of all time as I thought he was going to ostentatiously take a knee in front of Kamara but aye it was fine. Good of him to acknowledge it.

The cynic in me thought it was a bit of a stunt for social media likes but I should probably be less of a miserable p***k.

32 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Ffs, we’ll just go with their narrative and downgrade the murder to an ‘old firm rammy’. 

whrn I read their news page the murder was 6 articles down from the racist post one, priorities eh. 

So there’s no indication that it was sectarian motivated? Also you are the only one going with ‘old firm rammy’. Every other news outlet is describing it for what it actually is - a murder inquiry.

You are making up something that isn’t there. An imaginary narrative.

If you’re viewing the planet radio website, news articles are posted in chronological order so that may have explained why it appeared further down the list when you checked. However, looking just now, the murder inquiry article appears higher than the racist abuse one.

I’m not going to say anymore on it as I really don’t want to spend any more time on calling out bullshit theories after someone has just been murdered.

34A454B4-E18E-47B2-AD4E-3CCA19466760.png

23 hours ago, Golden Gordon said:

Surely the grim determination of a call to arms would provide the motivation to just walk it, no? Or at least ask someone for a lift or to chip in for a taxi? 

If he can afford a ladder, he can afford the taxi fare. 

3 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

The cynic in me thought it was a bit of a stunt for social media likes but I should probably be less of a miserable p***k.

I think because I expected much worse I thought it was a fair enough and a good gesture since it was pretty low key.