Celtic vs Ranger55 - 21 March 12pm

Wee twitter storm brewing. "Just us Tim's" podcast has went out today and when talking about the game one of the hosts talking about the "Fraud Champions" of Rangers goes on to talk of "they monkey bastirts". 

Edited by Mr. Alli

2 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

He was the standout for me that season despite big Moussa grabbing the headlines I always felt Sinclair was the one who could make something happen. I was really disappointed when he was moved on. He loved it up here too and as you say could still have done a good job for us this season. 

Dembélé was a very good player for you. Telling that whilst arguments rage over Morelos vs Edouard, Dembele has starred for Lyon and is now playing for the side top of La Liga whereas the other 2 are still playing in Scotland.

Agree that Sinclair could still be in the current Celtic side.

11 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Dembélé was a very good player for you. Telling that whilst arguments rage over Morelos vs Edouard, Dembele has starred for Lyon and is now playing for the side top of La Liga whereas the other 2 are still playing in Scotland.

Agree that Sinclair could still be in the current Celtic side.

Aye the big man has done well, he was one of those to enjoy for the short while we had him like Virgil. And to think we paid just 500k for him. He will never be held in the same regard as Henke however will be remembered for a long long time for his Rangers hat trick.

Rodgers first signing also and I see he has just schooled Solksjaer, i know many fans loathe Rodgers as they see it as a betrayal however I’m one of the few who genuinely believe if we had backed his ambition then he may have been more inclined to stay and it’s been to our detriment, I loved that season and watching that team play so I’ll always be grateful for it. 

Edited by Jinky67

11 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Aye the big man has done well, he was one of those to enjoy for the short while we had him like Virgil. And to think we paid just 500k for him. He will never be held in the same regard as Henke however will be remembered for a long long time for his Rangers hat trick.

Rodgers first signing also and I see he has just schooled Solksjaer, i know many fans loathe Rodgers as they see it as a betrayal however I’m one of the few who genuinely believe if we had backed his ambition then he may have been more inclined to stay and it’s been to our detriment, I loved that season and watching that team play so I’ll always be grateful for it. 

Yes, Dembele was a gem of  signing and clearly, like Rodgers and KT ambitious to want to try and take their talent to the top - you are absolutely correct not to loathe them rate.

Telling moment today, and just a small one, Bain kicked it against your defender and nearly conceded and it was just a big laugh - that wouldn’t have happened 2 years ago. Your professionalism levels have dropped through guys like Lennon, Kennedy, Brown, Griffiths.

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

Wee twitter storm brewing. "Just us Tim's" podcast has went out today and when talking about the game one of the hosts talking about the "Fraud Champions" of Rangers goes on to talk of "they monkey bastirts". 

I've seen the clip and that's not racist for me. Just an unfortunate choice of words but with no racist intent. He seems drunk as well.

2 minutes ago, DMCs said:

I've seen the clip and that's not racist for me. Just an unfortunate choice of words but with no racist intent. He seems drunk as well.

Yep. Guy seems like an incoherent brain donor, but I don't think he's used it in that context.  Poor choice of weeks to use that phrase, but probably not intentional. 

It was commendable that Scott Brown  went up to Glen Kamara and showed him support for being racially abused on Thursday night before today’s match, and he’s rightly being applauded for that. Just a pity that he didn’t show Shay Logan the same compassion when he stood firmly behind the proven racist Alexandar Tonev and in effect called Shay Logan a liar in the same situation.

34 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

It was commendable that Scott Brown  went up to Glen Kamara and showed him support for being racially abused on Thursday night before today’s match, and he’s rightly being applauded for that. Just a pity that he didn’t show Shay Logan the same compassion when he stood firmly behind the proven racist Alexandar Tonev and in effect called Shay Logan a liar in the same situation.

Fair point but does not also show that things have progressed and Brown realised he was wrong before ? Maybe give him a bit credit ??

Totally outplayed them today again and being unable to defend (or finish) cost us as per.

New manager and a few new signings and we’ll have these c***s  in our back pocket again where they belong.

13 minutes ago, Henrik's tongue said:

Totally outplayed them today again and being unable to defend (or finish) cost us as per.

New manager and a few new signings and we’ll have these c***s  in our back pocket again where they belong.

I think there’s a false narrative being set here that Celtic “totally outplayed” Rangers today. Celtic had more opportunities granted, but the majority of the match was pretty “meh” without a great deal of quality at all where both teams looked pretty poor. At least we had the excuse that we’d just come off a punishing European fixture.

Is Celtic having lots of the ball and doing absolutely f**k all with it, while Rangers prevent any decent chances then pick teams off and avoid defeat, not exactly how both teams have ended up in their respective positions?

Obviously a higher level but United used to "dominate" us by playing rakes of passes side to side in front of our defence, then lose the game, regularly, and it was 100% part of our gameplan.

Its genuinely amazing how far behind Celtic are of Rangers at everything. FB situation sums it all up. Rangers have Barisic and Tavernier, with 2 quality youths in Bassey/Patterson in behind to learn the ropes, while Celtic start two loanees who aren't good enough in Laxalt/Kenny, while leaving their best full back in Taylor off the park.

34 minutes ago, Henrik's tongue said:

image.gif.00535799e560298f5200ab9a7b2583db.gif

34 minutes ago, AJF said:

I think there’s a false narrative being set here that Celtic “totally outplayed” Rangers today. Celtic had more opportunities granted, but the majority of the match was pretty “meh” without a great deal of quality at all where both teams looked pretty poor. At least we had the excuse that we’d just come off a punishing European fixture.

24 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

We have been poor in the last 3 Old Firms but celtc have managed to build some mentality where they are happy because they had possession and shot from 30 yards out...

11 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

image.gif.00535799e560298f5200ab9a7b2583db.gif

3 minutes ago, Knight55WoodBear said:

tenor - 2020-09-03T184647.685.gif

We’ll win the league next year, lads.

Never been surer.

54 minutes ago, Henrik's tongue said:

See the source image

42 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

We have been poor in the last 3 Old Firms but celtc have managed to build some mentality where they are happy because they had possession and shot from 30 yards out...

Not really sure what game you were watching today but I can remember at least half a dozen good chances we squandered from inside the box with at least 2-3 that we should have scored. In fact I can’t even recall Christie even attempting a shot at all nvm from 30 yards and he is usually our barometer when it comes to shots from 30 yards