Who is a player/pundit/manager that people from every single club could say they like?

Paul Sturrock. I know he's been retired a while but still writes on Facebook groups and seems a good sort.

Dick Campbell comes across brilliantly but I have been in a crowd at Partick where they, to a man, were chanting for him to GTF, so I guess not everyone likes him.

Met Davie Irons briefly once and he seemed pleasant.

2 minutes ago, Anglichanin said:

Paul Sturrock. I know he's been retired a while but still writes on Facebook groups and seems a good sort.

Dick Campbell comes across brilliantly but I have been in a crowd at Partick where they, to a man, were chanting for him to GTF, so I guess not everyone likes him.

Aye, Dundee fans love him:

:lol:

Ally Mcoist is a media whore who constantly adjusts his opinions to suit his audience and has also claimed to have deliberately missed a penalty against Rangers (God rest their soul) when playing for Killie.

I would nominate Billy Dodds, everyone loves that wee cheeky chappy. 

4 minutes ago, killiekranky said:

Ally Mcoist is a media whore who constantly adjusts his opinions to suit his audience and has also claimed to have deliberately missed a penalty against Rangers (God rest their soul) when playing for Killie.

I would nominate Billy Dodds, everyone loves that wee cheeky chappy. 

angry ron swanson GIF

Ally McCoist is the best co-commentator on the planet.

Just keep him away from games involving the ****.

Edited by RandomGuy.

1 hour ago, Anglichanin said:

That's just what fans do, they prob like him really.

8 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Before my time as a Dunfermline manager but those of a certain age absolutely despised him.

Aye, but they've softened up over time.

How can one hate the tache?

2 hours ago, Anglichanin said:

We loved Campbell on a personal level, but we were frustratingly pish at that point, so he was the convenient punchbag. 

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Aye, but they've softened up over time.

How can one hate the tache?

Oh, if anything they've become more bitter over time, it's impressive how long people can hold a grudge for. 

He preceded Bert Paton who was incredibly popular, which only serves to deepens the dislike of Jocky. 

I think of him as the character that DundeeBarry wrote about, a funny man with a penchant for jetpacks.