Who is a player/pundit/manager that people from every single club could say they like?

26 minutes ago, TheJTS98 said:

Perhaps as a non-Twitter user I mixed up your row-back with one of your Terrace colleagues. However, I certainly saw screenshots of you or one of your pals declaring kneeling over after a footballer declared it a week or two later. Perhaps a Crystal Palace player, but I'm guessing now.

You certainly made a right c**t of yourself by calling the Scottish rugby team racist while admitting that you had no idea whether rugby was doing the kneeling or not. That was a highlight. Along with you revealing that you had no idea loads of other sports (along with most high-profile rugby) were not.

Here's the thing. You think Marv is a bad guy. You think the Scottish rugby team are bad guys. I'd like to add that what you posted above is not what you said at the time. Users can go and find it themselves, but you used language along the lines of the Scottish rugby team being comfortable with structural racism. Which is a coward's way of calling them racist. At least have the integrity to say what you mean.

So, where do you fit in the bad guy narrative? You were wrong. You were commenting on something you simply did not know about. Yet, you used your public platform to label a bunch of guys that you know nothing about (as you confessed) as racists. And you haven't apologised. Where does that fit in the list of Things To Do That Make You A p***k?

If you can't get the basic facts wrong and continue to do so then it's not really a debate worth having is it?

I didn't call any rugby players racist, and the "comfortable with structural racism" was a direct response to someone saying that the players were all asked to respond in the way they were most comfortable - a literary tool in other words. I'd be more than happy for users to read it here because I am pretty sure it would entirely vindicate my version of events. If I had wanted to call them racists I would have called them racists, just like I was happy to call Marvin Andrews a homophobe because he is a homophobe.

I am entirely comfortable with how I have used my enormous public platform as a poster on the Pie and Bovril forum to question the behaviour of the bulk of the Scotland rugby team in terms of showing solidarity against racism. There is literally nothing to apologise for. A real "when was the last time you beat your wife" vibe to that whole last paragraph of yours.

Guest TheJTS98
7 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

If you can't get the basic facts wrong and continue to do so then it's not really a debate worth having is it?

I didn't call any rugby players racist, and the "comfortable with structural racism" was a direct response to someone saying that the players were all asked to respond in the way they were most comfortable - a literary tool in other words. I'd be more than happy for users to read it here because I am pretty sure it would entirely vindicate my version of events. If I had wanted to call them racists I would have called them racists, just like I was happy to call Marvin Andrews a homophobe because he is a homophobe.

I am entirely comfortable with how I have used my enormous public platform as a poster on the Pie and Bovril forum to question the behaviour of the bulk of the Scotland rugby team in terms of showing solidarity against racism. There is literally nothing to apologise for. A real "when was the last time you beat your wife" vibe to that whole last paragraph of yours.

Fair enough. I think the meaning of your posts were quite obvious to any readers and will continue to be.

'A literary tool'. Fucking hell.

I'm happy with my accusation of you. You're happy with your words and defence. I suppose that's that.

Edited by TheJTS98

On 11/03/2021 at 19:44, yoda said:

I obviously can't speak for fans of other clubs but I liked Derek Adams.

On 15/03/2021 at 09:26, RandomGuy. said:

Guess you're in the minority.

The reaction of one of his ex-players at the weekend, then the literal hundreds of EFL players both liking tweets made about it/actually congratulating the boy who goaded Adams, is incredible.

He genuinely seems despised by the majority of English football.

The previous pages have sadly allowed RandomGuy to get away with this absolute topper of a whoosh. 

Based on how this thread has gone, someone will probably come back with a story about him setting fire to their gran, or punching a kid in a wheelchair, but I'd like to nominate Callum Davidson as a football good guy.

He’s a great guy

if you can overlook the badger baiting and Holocaust denial

3 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Based on how this thread has gone, someone will probably come back with a story about him setting fire to their gran, or punching a kid in a wheelchair, but I'd like to nominate Callum Davidson as a football good guy.

He likes pineapple on pizza.