Who is a player/pundit/manager that people from every single club could say they like?

Everybody has their pet hates /likes in the media in Scotland but overall i think we have more good than bad.. I have mates in England who are jealous that we have Chic Young .. Its all about characters and to be honest Radio Scotland drags up a lot ..Saturdays would be shit without a lot of these guys ,, i miss Spencey ,, for me though its got to be John Robertson ( know he,s not on much now ) but could listen all day to Robbo. .One of the best speakers  about the game , honest , and 100% into whatever he,s doing ..

14 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Why would you keep his religion out of it?

He's openly homophobic, based entirely on what some grotty old beast decided to pretend some sky fairy said 2000 years ago, so he deserves to be called a c**t for it.

Niggled me for a wee while, just because I'm slow at connecting dots at times.

Your post seems to be pointing out social intolerance whilst promoting religious intolerance. 

Whilst I completely agree in your viewpoint of religion, that's a pretty crap way of  talking about anyones religious figurehead

15 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:

Your post seems to be pointing out social intolerance whilst promoting religious intolerance. 

Whilst I completely agree in your viewpoint of religion, that's a pretty crap way of  talking about anyones religious figurehead

Dinna worry about it , lots of people say a lot worse about  , eh , lots of other stuff.. Life without  " sky Fairies " would be F@chin brilliant .. Maybe solve things,,

6 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

Religion can be a good thing. Can help people deal with loss etc., it can also be horrendous.

In general religious figureheads are massive bigots who actively promote discrimination.

Edited by RandomGuy.

16 hours ago, thisGRAEME said:

As far as players go, is there a player as well thought of by as many clubs as Tommy Coyne? 

I always liked Scott Allan's quote about being the inverse of this

Hearts fans probably don’t like me because I played for Hibs. Hibs fans probably don’t like me because I left. Rangers fans probably don’t like me because I went to Celtic. I started at Dundee United but their fans probably don’t like me because now I’m at Dundee. Celtic fans know that when I was a wee boy my favourite team were Rangers and that’s a good enough reason for Aberdeen fans to hate me.

Guest TheJTS98
On 01/05/2021 at 17:49, RandomGuy. said:

Why would you keep his religion out of it?

He's openly homophobic, based entirely on what some grotty old beast decided to pretend some sky fairy said 2000 years ago, so he deserves to be called a c**t for it.

I suppose the problem with taking a completely black and white view of life, as you seem to do on many issues, is that it leaves you with nowhere to go and a life with a lot of hate in it.

If we apply your Marv Standard to the world as a whole, I suppose you must believe than any believing Hindu 'deserves to be called a c**t' due to the accepted views of their faith on the disabled and poor. That's a lot of people you're writing off on the basis of one area of their life. I don't agree with Andrews on the issue of homosexuality, but I'm prepared to accept that his views come from what he perceives to be a genuine concern for the souls of others. He's wrong, but that's life and will always be life.

Good job you're completely squeaky clean and right about absolutely everything. Chuffed for you.

Andrews will just have to cope with your disapproval. If he ever finds out, I'm sure he'll live. I doubt he'd speak as disrespectfully of you as you do of him.

Edited by TheJTS98

20 minutes ago, TheJTS98 said:

I suppose the problem with taking a completely black and white view of life, as you seem to do on many issues, is that it leaves you with nowhere to go and a life with a lot of hate in it.

If we apply your Marv Standard to the world as a whole, I suppose you must believe than any believing Hindu 'deserves to be called a c**t' due to the accepted views of their faith on the disabled and poor. That's a lot of people you're writing off on the basis of one area of their life. I don't agree with Andrews on the issue of homosexuality, but I'm prepared to accept that his views come from what he perceives to be a genuine concern for the souls of others. He's wrong, but that's life and will always be life.

Good job you're completely squeaky clean and right about absolutely everything. Chuffed for you.

Andrews will just have to cope with your disapproval. If he ever finds out, I'm sure he'll live. I doubt he'd speak as disrespectfully of you as you do of him.

You're a very odd wee man. Religion is perfectly fine. It's helps a lot of people with a lot of things. I just don't believe they need to tie that in with some form of hefty prejudice against a group. Literally every single religion has a minority group they try to victimise, so in general heavily devout religious people are dicks.

As for Andrews, if a public figure calls gay people an "abomination", I'll call him a dick head regardless of his religious beliefs.

Guest TheJTS98
20 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You're a very odd wee man. Religion is perfectly fine. It's helps a lot of people with a lot of things. I just don't believe they need to tie that in with some form of hefty prejudice against a group. Literally every single religion has a minority group they try to victimise, so in general heavily devout religious people are dicks.

As for Andrews, if a public figure calls gay people an "abomination", I'll call him a dick head regardless of his religious beliefs.

Ah. So it's in the public calling rather than in what he does or does not think? It's all about appearances then?

Got it. You'd think Andrews was less of a c**t if he publicly denied what he really believes.

I'm an 'odd wee man'. Yet you think a sensible post can include the lines 'Religion is perfectly fine' and 'in general, heavily devout religious people are dicks'. Top marks there.

So, you're all for religion, as long as the people following it don't really believe in it or deny that they do in public.

And I'm 'odd'. Crumbs.

3 minutes ago, TheJTS98 said:

Ah. So it's in the public calling rather than in what he does or does not think? It's all about appearances then?

Got it. You'd think Andrews was less of a c**t if he publicly denied what he really believes.

I'm an 'odd wee man'. Yet you think a sensible post can include the lines 'Religion is perfectly fine' and 'in general, heavily devout religious people are dicks'. Top marks there.

So, you're all for religion, as long as the people following it don't really believe in it or deny that they do in public.

And I'm 'odd'. Crumbs.

Religion can help people deal with loss better than nothing, that's something I've seen first hand. 

Religion can also lead to minority groups being heavily victimised. That's something I don't agree with.

Andrews, a high profile footballer with young fans looking up to him, called gay people an "abomination" in the media. That makes him a p***k. 

I've nothing against religious people or their beliefs in general, I have issues with religious people who have extreme views and promote bigotry.

Guest TheJTS98
6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I've nothing against religious people or their beliefs in general

"Literally every single religion has a minority group they try to victimise"

"in general heavily devout religious people are dicks"

image.jpeg.2623fb670adc517af83c19909dfae75e.jpeg

Edited by TheJTS98

Just now, TheJTS98 said:

"Literally every single religion has a minority group they try to victimise"

"in general heavily devout religious people are dicks"

Yes.

Every single religion has a minority group they have a prejudice against. In general, this prejudice was written into their beliefs hundreds of years ago.

Not every religious person believes in those things, and prefer to go for the "softer" parts of the religious. Heavily devout ones follow it all to the letter, so generally support/promote bigoted views, so are dicks.

Guest TheJTS98
4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yes.

Every single religion has a minority group they have a prejudice against. In general, this prejudice was written into their beliefs hundreds of years ago.

Not every religious person believes in those things, and prefer to go for the "softer" parts of the religious. Heavily devout ones follow it all to the letter, so generally support/promote bigoted views, so are dicks.

So, we've established that you've got nothing against religions, except that they're all inherently evil. And you've got nothing against religious people, as long as they don't actually subscribe to the actual beliefs of the faiths they say they follow. A Hindu who doesn't believe in Karma, for example...

So, you like people who aren't really religious, or who are but lack the integrity to say so, and in classic RandomGuy black and white fashion will write off the rest (probably most of the population of the planet) as 'dicks'.

We're all lucky to have you and your perfect views.

Edited by TheJTS98

1 minute ago, tree house tam said:

Jesus. 

Pie and Bovril.

Where calling a massive homophobe a "c**t" gets you an essay on why you're the one with a bigoted, blinkered, view of the world.

11 minutes ago, TheJTS98 said:

So, we've established that you've got nothing against religions, except that they're all inherently evil. And you've got nothing against religious people, as long as they don't actually subscribe to the actual beliefs of the faiths they say they follow. A Hindu who doesn't believe in Karma, for example...

So, you like people who aren't really religious, or who are but lack the integrity to say so, and in classic RandomGuy black and white fashion will write off the rest (probably most of the population of the planet) as 'dicks'.

We're all lucky to have you and your perfect views.

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yes.

I'm just replying with posts I've made, as you're clearly just skipping past them to batter on with the argument you've already got played out in your head.

Guest TheJTS98
5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm just replying with posts I've made, as you're clearly just skipping past them to batter on with the argument you've already got played out in your head.

Just quoting you and your fun views, big boss.

"I like apples".

But you literally just said you hate apples.

"Yes. No. I don't know. I like apples that taste like oranges or pretend to be bananas. It's obvious."

You're bananas.

I'm going out for dinner.

Edited by TheJTS98