Aberdeen's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Aberdeen's next permanent manager?   

283 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 hours ago, CCB19035 said:

Nothing entitled about it. The fact this Aberdeen team is still 4th, is a testament to how rotten the standard of the teams around them are. We've been absolutely shite this season. 

From maybe mid August to early November, we were more than decent and playing with a bit of style not seen since maybe 2017.

In fact, it's the most contrasting season I can recall.

It's good that Glass will get a look at what he's got for a few games, as McInnes did in 2013, but other than that - sooner it's over the better.

https://redtv.afc.co.uk/video/5597

I think Dave is mostly full of shit but he always has a way of dragging me back in 🤣

Interesting words on new signings which most of us assumed. Biggest take from that is we're going to be entertained. Also drops a bit of an update but sounds like we're going with the beach area renovation stadium but forcing the councils hand.

17 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Biggest take from that is we're going to be entertained. 

I mean, surely it's just completely empty words at this stage?

Glass can claim he'll play "exciting, attacking, football" all he wants really, but when reality hits and he's 2-0 down in the soaking rain at Hamilton, you wonder how he'll be able to pass that off as "entertaining the Aberdeen support"...

56 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

From maybe mid August to early November, we were more than decent and playing with a bit of style not seen since maybe 2017.

In fact, it's the most contrasting season I can recall.

It's good that Glass will get a look at what he's got for a few games, as McInnes did in 2013, but other than that - sooner it's over the better.

Yep, I think that the contrasting season was McInnes ' undoing, especially as his strongest suit was his consistency. 

There was a lot of bad luck involved with the injuries to Watkins and Hedges and the loss of Wright, the latter two having a freakish level of understanding, attacking wise. The sale of McKenna definitely had an impact on the defensive stability of the three at the back, but it was on McInnes to change things when this stopped working and he didn't. 

Glass is left with a core of experienced players in Lewis, Considine, McGeough and Hayes, alongside Ferguson, McCrorie and Campbell as more established younger players. 

Do we need Scott Brown on the pitch to share his experience? Would he not be hindering Campbell's game-time by doing so? Not to mention his repeated and widespread backing of Tonev. 

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Glass can claim he'll play "exciting, attacking, football" all he wants really, but when reality hits and he's 2-0 down in the soaking rain at Hamilton, you wonder how he'll be able to pass that off as "entertaining the Aberdeen support"...

Would that be the obligatory Tuesday night in Hamilton?

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

Would that be the obligatory Tuesday night in Hamilton?

Yes. Those soft English folk think Stoke is hard, they know nothing.

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You surely must have something better to do?

37 minutes ago, Golden Gordon said:

Yep, I think that the contrasting season was McInnes ' undoing, especially as his strongest suit was his consistency. 

There was a lot of bad luck involved with the injuries to Watkins and Hedges and the loss of Wright, the latter two having a freakish level of understanding, attacking wise. The sale of McKenna definitely had an impact on the defensive stability of the three at the back, but it was on McInnes to change things when this stopped working and he didn't. 

Glass is left with a core of experienced players in Lewis, Considine, McGeough and Hayes, alongside Ferguson, McCrorie and Campbell as more established younger players. 

Do we need Scott Brown on the pitch to share his experience? Would he not be hindering Campbell's game-time by doing so? Not to mention his repeated and widespread backing of Tonev. 

Absolutely we do. Campbell undoubtedly has potential but a mentor in someone like Brown would really help him and other youngsters develop further. Campbell would excel alongside Brown in midfield. 

We need an enforcer (similar to when Barry Robson initially signed for us) in our side. Lewis would be stripped of his captaincy and Brown will take over. It would be a huge coup for the club. 

I think McCrorie may feature in defence a bit more under Glass allowing Ferguson, Campbell and Brown to all play in the middle. I'd argue that would be as strong as any midfield outside the OF. Furthermore, I don't think Ferguson will be sold in the summer. Not with Brown potentially joining.

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

https://redtv.afc.co.uk/video/5597

I think Dave is mostly full of shit but he always has a way of dragging me back in 🤣

Interesting words on new signings which most of us assumed. Biggest take from that is we're going to be entertained. Also drops a bit of an update but sounds like we're going with the beach area renovation stadium but forcing the councils hand.

I think Declan Gallagher will be one of them. He can actually play with the ball at his feet and is good distributor of the ball. Would be a considerable upgrade on what we currently have.

I’m really hoping that Glass has gone full Gerard Butler and does his interviews and press conferences in a hideous transatlantic drawl, peppering them with Americanisms. 

“I think we played some awesome soccer out there today, especially on de-fence, and I’d like to dedicate the W to our fans in the bleachers”

31 minutes ago, Junior_Arab said:

I’m really hoping that Glass has gone full Gerard Butler and does his interviews and press conferences in a hideous transatlantic drawl, peppering them with Americanisms. 

“I think we played some awesome soccer out there today, especially on de-fence, and I’d like to dedicate the W to our fans in the bleachers”

Nope, still a strong Dundonian lilt, but not quite twa pehs in an ingin in aw

40 minutes ago, Junior_Arab said:

“I think we played some awesome soccer out there today, especially on de-fence, and I’d like to dedicate the W to our fans in the bleachers”

7 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Nope, still a strong Dundonian lilt, but not quite twa pehs in an ingin in aw

So you’re saying it’ll be more like

“I think we played some awesome soccer out there today, especially on de-fence, and I’d like to dedicate the W to our fans in the bleachers, ken?”