Aberdeen's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Aberdeen's next permanent manager?   

283 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, G51 said:

McInnes should have freshened things up by having a fucking shave.

In an alternative universe where he does, the press are comparing this free-scoring Aberdeen side to Brazil 1970.

False. Derek's beard added sex appeal, as India Taylor will attest to.

54 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

False. Derek's beard added sex appeal, as India Taylor will attest to.

If you keep a beard too long, it goes from "Wow, that's fresh and sexy!" to "Wow, that's a really tired look, get a new one".

It's kinda the story of a good football manager I suppose.

4 minutes ago, G51 said:

If you keep a beard too long, it goes from "Wow, that's fresh and sexy!" to "Wow, that's a really tired look, get a new one".

It's kinda the story of a good football manager I suppose.

I disagree. Derek's biggest failing was not getting a haircut in the window of opportunity last Autumn. He also let himself go a little over lockdown and towards the end he became more of a tired, greasy tramp. He looked fierce a couple of years ago.

I blame the shame of even considering the Rangers job for not taking care of himself.

13 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I disagree. Derek's biggest failing was not getting a haircut in the window of opportunity last Autumn. He also let himself go a little over lockdown and towards the end he became more of a tired, greasy tramp. He looked fierce a couple of years ago.

I blame the shame of even considering the Rangers job for not taking care of himself.

Well let's be fair, we all know that if it wasn't for McInnes having [REDACTED], and the Aberdeen board helping him out with that, then he probably would have taken the job.

1 minute ago, G51 said:

Well let's be fair, we all know that if it wasn't for McInnes having [REDACTED], and the Aberdeen board helping him out with that, then he probably would have taken the job.

That would explain the general deterioration of his entire life then. It’s just science. 

6 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

He won the Dryborough Cup, a Derek McInnes like achievement, but he was manager when the Dons won it. Ergo, successful. 

2nd, 4th, 4th, 4th, 5th

Whoever thought that I would ever be having an argument with you! I’m not buying that Jimmy Bonthrone was a success. He won the Dryborough Cup with Eddie Turnbull’s team and got his second in the same way, more or less. Things were stagnating under Jimmy and we were only saved from continued mediocrity by Super Ally. Lovely guy though.

26 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Whoever thought that I would ever be having an argument with you! I’m not buying that Jimmy Bonthrone was a success. He won the Dryborough Cup with Eddie Turnbull’s team and got his second in the same way, more or less. Things were stagnating under Jimmy and we were only saved from continued mediocrity by Super Ally. Lovely guy though.

Stagnating under Derek, too, does that mean he wasn't a success, either?

I wouldn't put Jimmy in our top 5, or even six, probably, but in my eyes he was a success, whether he just "inherited" the Dryborough Cup or not.

Edited by Jacksgranda

On 23/03/2021 at 12:16, Mvondo_the_great said:

This is going badly for Aberdeen. 

8 minutes ago, Mvondo_the_great said:

This has ended up going badly for Aberdeen. 

What exciting update can we expect tomorrow?

2 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

I think we're going to get an update on how badly this is going?

Aye but he's maybe shot his load early by saying ended already today. Everything will have to be in the past tense from now on which could limit him.

We'll see how it goes.

37 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Stagnating under Derek, too, does that mean he wasn't a success, either?

I wouldn't put Jimmy in our top 5, or even six, probably, but in my eyes he was a success, whether he just "inherited" the Dryborough Cup or not.

I’ll agree to disagree. I can’t fight with an old guy.