Aberdeen's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Aberdeen's next permanent manager?   

283 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

33 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

The pipe dream of Darren Fletcher (at least on Aberdeen Mad - I've not seen it mentioned elsewhere) is over. He's been appointed Technical Director at Man United.

Shame - that one would have been an exciting appointment.

I am now in Team Goodwin - ever since he had the whole of Pittodrie singing "Goodwin get to f**k" in a midweek LCQF a few years back, I am convinced there is mutual respect there !

He's on the right trajectory as a young up and coming manager, who's served a bit of time at good clubs.

Edited by tarapoa

Our fans have to get real about who is going to be our next manager. There was a guy from, I think, Dons Together on Sportsound last night who thought that Eddie Howe is a realistic target. He was also extremely reticent to give Derek McInnes any real praise for what he did over his eight years at the club. Anyway, we have to accept, particularly given our current financial constraints, that the best we can hope for is either an untried manager or someone like Goodwin. Although if we go for him we’ll be told to beat it, apparently.

12 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Jurgen Klinsmann, Eddie Howe & Shaun Maloney.

You lads are going to be very upset.

Bit weird how you've listed those three as if they're all at a similar level.

Klinsmann is by far the best manager there, then you've got a no mark who shits himself once he leaves the south coast, and a perennial assistant who has no managerial CV.

They've every chance of hiring Maloney IMO.

They won't though.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Bit weird how you've listed those three as if they're all at a similar level.

Klinsmann is by far the best manager there, then you've got a no mark who shits himself once he leaves the south coast, and a perennial assistant who has no managerial CV.

They've every chance of hiring Maloney IMO.

They won't though.

They're 3 unobtainable options. Don't think it's weird at all. I wasn't comparing ability. Thought that was obvious.

Eddie Howe put a dampener on his links to the Celtic job saying that he's holding out for a Premier League team. Regardless of your thoughts of him, he's not going to be Aberdeen manager any time soon. And your comment on him was disingenous in any case because at 43, he's had a better managerial career than anyone in the Scottish top flight in taking Bournemouth to the top flight and keeping them their for 5 year and winning the FLA 'Manager of the Decade' award.

Shaun Maloney is being groomed as a manager at the best national side in the world right now (according to Fifa rankings) and likely being paid a barrowload whilst increasing his reputation at absolutely no risk to himself. He's not going to leave that for Aberdeen.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

They're 3 unobtainable options. Don't think it's weird at all. I wasn't comparing ability. Thought that was obvious.

Eddie Howe put a dampener on his links to the Celtic job saying that he's holding out for a Premier League team. Regardless of your thoughts of him, he's not going to be Aberdeen manager any time soon. And your comment on him was disingenous in any case because at 43, he's had a better managerial career than anyone in the Scottish top flight in taking Bournemouth to the top flight and keeping them their for 5 year and winning the FLA 'Manager of the Decade' award.

Shaun Maloney is being groomed as a manager at the best national side in the world right now (according to Fifa rankings) and likely being paid a barrowload whilst increasing his reputation at absolutely no risk to himself. He's not going to leave that for Aberdeen.

Scott Burns reckons Maloney has applied for the job.

If it’s Robinson then what was the fucking point in changing managers?
Lazy, lazy appointment and an admission of no plan to ever have any ambition!

If it’s Robinson then AFC will have lost my interest.

9 minutes ago, Raidernation said:

If it’s Robinson then what was the fucking point in changing managers?

Tbf, there's no manager mentioned so far that I haven't thought this about yet.

I'll be surprised personally if whoever you hire even equals what McInnes did. Not that he shouldn't have been emptied, but who realistically is it there that can push Aberdeen further?

18 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Tbf, there's no manager mentioned so far that I haven't thought this about yet.

I'll be surprised personally if whoever you hire even equals what McInnes did. Not that he shouldn't have been emptied, but who realistically is it there that can push Aberdeen further?

7 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Yeah, every single manager that's reasonably been linked, I've been left thinking, 'Not as good a manager as McInnes'.

It's not so much that McInnes isn't a good manager. He clearly is. He'd run out of ideas.

John McMaster gave an interview to the Daily Record and basically hits a lot of the main points of where it's went wrong.

4 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

It's not so much that McInnes isn't a good manager. He clearly is. He'd run out of ideas.

John McMaster gave an interview to the Daily Record and basically hits a lot of the main points of where it's went wrong.

I don't think your American will quite have the dumpster fire track record that our American has but when Hartley ran out of ideas we went with Neil McCann, Jim McIntyre then James McPake.

Brace yourself.