Aberdeen's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Aberdeen's next permanent manager?   

283 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Aberdeen fans wished McInnes out the club and ended up worse off with Glass. Next thing they know they'll have Scott Brown as player manager.

Some laugh.

You finished 4th last season and qualified for Europe. This season you’ll comfortably finish bottom 6 but at least you’re playing good football.

Our results from the turn of the year onwards were worse than our start to this season. We barely scored for months on end and the football was eye-bleeding stuff. No teams below us showed any kind of consistency which is why we still managed 4th. McInnes leaving was clearly the best option for all parties. IMG_4430.jpg

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aberdeen fans wished McInnes out the club and ended up worse off with Glass. Next thing they know they'll have Scott Brown as player manager.

Some laugh.

Cormack isn't going to replace an inexperienced manager with one with no experience...he's obviously going to look for someone that's won trophies out with the gruesome twosome...he'll want someone who knows how to win the Scottish Cup and League Cup and has set up his team well in Europe against clubs with far greater resources. 

Edited by Bogbrush1903

26 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Our results from the turn of the year onwards were worse than our start to this season. We barely scored for months on end and the football was eye-bleeding stuff. No teams below us showed any kind of consistency which is why we still managed 4th. McInnes leaving was clearly the best option for all parties. IMG_4430.jpg

I mean that is really bad but it's still 2 wins in 13. At the moment you're on run of no wins in 8 and your coming fixtures aren't exactly the easiest. Could very well be worse than 2 wins in 13.

6 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Cormack isn't going to replace an inexperienced manager with one with no experience...he's obviously going to look for someone that's won trophies out with the gruesome twosome...he'll want someone who knows how to win the Scottish Cup and League Cup and has set up his team well in Europe against clubs with far greater resources. 

Unless there’s some young coach kicking about in the franchise league in the US wanting to help him with his soccer ball club in the Faroe Islands. 

9 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

A very elaborate paragraph simply to try and troll about him wanting Callum Davidson tbh, despite that particular manager signing a new deal with a hefty release fee just a week or two ago.

Cormack is a dreamer. The likeliest course of action is him sticking by Glass even if you finish 8th/9th/10th. If that happens I genuinely think you'll see him quoting Man U sticking by SAF as his reasoning. 

11 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Ridiculous to suggest that Glass should be sacked.

Last season, another young manager Callum Davidson couldnt buy a win for the first part of the league and ended up (in most peoples eyes) Manager of the Year.

Stop with the sensible posting. That's now how it works here

It's still too early to sack Glass.  But not too early for fans to be thinking the chances of him turning this round are not good.  Even against St Johnstone there were signs the players no longer believe in what the manager's asking them to do.  Once that belief goes it's very hard to get it back. The club should at least be thinking of options.

I don't subscribe to the theory that Glass is here for the foreseeable come what may.  These things take on a momentum of their own. If we're looking at, say, just a couple of points from our next 5 games the pressure on Cormack to be seen to be doing something will become enormous.  He doesn't look to me like a guy who will handle that kind of criticism or unpopularity well. The only way to get the heat off himself will be sacking Glass. 

But my fear is that the real problem isn't Glass, it's Cormack himself.  I'm not convinced a change of manager is enough of a solution, unless it's somebody who comes in with a solid track record, a proper bit of weight to him, and a promise of total autonomy on the football side with no interference or "advice" from the chairman about playing style or anything else.  And I don't believe we'll get that.  Cormack is too self-important and any manager genuinely worth having won't fancy wrecking his reputation chasing Cormack's fantasies.

I fear we'll get another lightweight. I won't be entirely surprised if the next manager is gone by the end of the season, never mind Glass.

Guest Bob Mahelp
On 27/09/2021 at 07:57, Leith Green said:

Ridiculous to suggest that Glass should be sacked.

Last season, another young manager Callum Davidson couldnt buy a win for the first part of the league and ended up (in most peoples eyes) Manager of the Year.

There is an argument to be made for that point of view, I agree. 

Not everything Glass has done so far has been a disaster. Many of his stand alone decisions and choices have been good ones.....he's playing 2 excellent young full backs (although we need experience in defence). Most of his signings look (on paper) to have strengthened the side. He's brought in a striker from the MLS who looks like he can actually score goals when given a chance. 

However, as a whole, it's not working. We're less than the sum of our parts, and that's a sign that the manager hasn't got things right. 

He's starting to remind me of an amalgam of all the managers Hibs had before they stumbled across someone decent in Jack Ross.....Butcher, Fenlon, Heckingbottom, Calderwood et al. Guys who tried hard, but weren't up to it. 

At least Hibs had the sense to sack most of them. 

On 26/09/2021 at 20:44, mizfit said:

McInnes was going stale at Aberdeen. Yes he was grinding out results but it felt like the magic was gone.

Him leaving at the end of the season to be replaced by someone else seemed the best solution for all. Cormack however punts him and throws his pal a bone without checking other candidates and is now having to deal with the consequences.

Yip.

The next three appointments could be duds. Doesn't mean it wasn't the right time for McInnes to go.