Aberdeen's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Aberdeen's next permanent manager?   

283 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

We’re all delighted with your concern. You’re obviously using your experience with McCoist, McDowall, McCall, Warburton and Caixinha.

Nontheless he has a very valid point.

Edited by ken es

1 hour ago, CCB19035 said:
  1 hour ago, HalfCutNinja said:

Probably want to keep their options open to take him to Atlanta if it goes really well. Aberdeen are a feeder club and plaything now.

It certainly seems that way. 

Hope Cormack knows what he doing.AFC does appear to be 2nd to his beloved Atlanta.

I fear the worst especially with his man Glass appointed but hope for the best.

Boards decision my arse.

Edited by ken es

1 hour ago, CCB19035 said:

Even if it's rolling...why? 

If Cormack has found the guy to take over from McInnes and he's the man for the job, back him. Back him with security and time on his deal, back him in the transfer market and back him in getting in who he wants. 

It's utterly, utterly bizarre to give a new manager a one year deal, especially when the club is looking at its highest turnover player wise in recent history. 

Where are you seeing that it's a 12 month deal? 

The more I think about it, it makes me wonder whether this was always in the offing from the point that Cormack & Antlanta made the initial investment. 

Balls on the table moment for Cormack and the board though. 

1 minute ago, Golden Gordon said:

Where are you seeing that it's a 12 month deal? 

The more I think about it, it makes me wonder whether this was always in the offing from the point that Cormack & Antlanta made the initial investment. 

Balls on the table moment for Cormack and the board though. 

5 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

It's also very strange to announce a guy in a season when a cup is up for grabs still, and the two people he wants as his assistant are still in better jobs? What the feck is all that about? 

Can't understand why Brown would want to come .Long commute that plus he 'd be as welcome among many fans myself included as a wet fart in the bath.

9 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

It's also very strange to announce a guy in a season when a cup is up for grabs still, and the two people he wants as his assistant are still in better jobs? What the feck is all that about? 

I get your scepticism, especially around the interview that Cormack gave essentially quashing rumours that Glass was holed up in a local hotel and that there was a recruitment process in place. 

For someone so keen on the fan experience and transparency with the support, it's hard not to feel a bit stitched up. 

56 minutes ago, ken es said:

Nontheless he has a very valid point.

I don’t know if he does or doesn’t. I love how everyone jumping to conclusions just to try to make this appear to be a “bad decision” without any real knowledge. Do we know that he has made the decision on his own with any discussion with our board? If so has he just ridden roughshod over their thoughts? Who’s to say he’s wrong? Who’s to say it’s a bad decision? It’s just typical shite from our fans. Never f*ck*ng happy. Now I need to go and calm down again.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

Of course he’s Aberdeen minded. Keep up.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

"His winning mentality, having been mentored in the ‘Aberdeen Way’ from an early age by the likes of Teddy Scott, Alex Smith and Willie Miller, and desire to embrace the Club’s strategy were key factors in our decision."

Game, set and match Stephen Glass, Dave Cormack and Aberdeen FC

Gents, I appreciate the replies but I was being facetious. Hard to believe, but there you go.

However one positive of having Glass as the manager means I get to post this..

5 hours ago, G51 said:

Even if Glass works out, it’s clearly a bad process. The problem Aberdeen fans have is who’s there to stop Cormack making bad decisions? 

This is the problem with ownership models where one man reigns supreme. There’s no one there to tell him when he’s being a fucking idiot

I know there has been a couple of earlier mentions of Gerrard but do you not think this is a very similar situation to Gerrard coming in at Ibrox? Wasn’t Dave King being accused of the same thing you are mentioning because he was a massive Liverpool fan (and had some connections at Anfield) and couldn’t see past Gerrard as a result? It could work out well for Aberdeen as it has for you.

The other thing I want to mention is that I think Glass is being treated a bit more harshly because he is Scottish and of course we never look at these names as being as exotic as we might like as a result. Kilmarnock of course snapped up AA who had an amazing CV as a coach. It never really worked out of course (although I think it could have) but I think if Aberdeen had brought someone like that in their fans would’ve been a bit happier.