Aberdeen's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Aberdeen's next permanent manager?   

283 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

20 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

Ach well. Underwhelmed for sure. 

He wouldn't have been anywhere near my thoughts but there's nothing we can do about it, all we can do is back him and hope the gamble pays off.

Even if some of our fans weren't pro-Glass there's no point in being anti-Glass before he's had a fair crack.

Good luck to him and I desperately hope it all works out. 

He’ll surely get a couple of windows to get his own team stamp on it. Pretty unhinged thinking otherwise.

50 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

That's right, he forced two players who tried to force their way out of the club on several occasions out the door as part of a plan to get Stephen Glass in the door. 

McKenna's funds were used to fill the massive hole in the finances caused by running Cormack Park whilst taking in next to no income.

On Cosgrove, why the f**k would you give a departing manager the guts of £1m to spend when you're already unhappy with the quality of signings he's made.

😂

RandomGuy doing what RandomGuy does best, hog an Aberdeen thread.

37 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

Ach well. Underwhelmed for sure. 

He wouldn't have been anywhere near my thoughts but there's nothing we can do about it, all we can do is back him and hope the gamble the rigorous vetting and interview process pays off.

Even if some of our fans weren't pro-Glass there's no point in being anti-Glass before he's had a fair crack.

Good luck to him and I desperately hope it all works out. 

My reaction also, but best of luck to him.

I wonder what we'll be saying in 12 months?

6 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

Rumours going that it's only a 12 month deal, that doesn't fill me with any confidence, and actually, is the most peculiar part of it all. 

On the plus side, it avoids a payout if it doesn't go well with with a largely untested new manager. 

Imagine getting rid of one of the best managers in Scotland and punting him for an untested, youth coach that hasn't been near Scottish football since he played here over a decade ago.

How very Dundee - not that we've had one of the best managers in Scotland for a very long time.

Edited by Ludo*1

3 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

In which case everyone's current vitriol would be vindicated. 

I was relaxed about it all til I've read the 12 month deal...find that to be utterly bizarre. 

Could it be as simple as we're skint and have no money? I hope not, cause he'll need backed in the summer. 

Very odd to sack a long serving manager and then get the next guy in for 12 months. Can't quite see the sense in it, aside from the fact he'd be a cheap payout if it all went wrong. 

Probably want to keep their options open to take him to Atlanta if it goes really well. Aberdeen are a feeder club and plaything now.

5 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

In which case everyone's current vitriol would be vindicated. 

I was relaxed about it all til I've read the 12 month deal...find that to be utterly bizarre. 

Could it be as simple as we're skint and have no money? I hope not, cause he'll need backed in the summer. 

Very odd to sack a long serving manager and then get the next guy in for 12 months. Can't quite see the sense in it, aside from the fact he'd be a cheap payout if it all went wrong. 

I assumed it was a 12-month rolling deal rather than a fixed 12 month term - haven't seen any confirmation anywhere though.

Fairly bizarre if it is 12-months fixed.

Edited by AngusTheBull

21 minutes ago, Golden Gordon said:

Too much of an unknown quantity to come to any judgement about. 

Just hope he has the right backroom team and the financial backing of the board to overhaul the squad. 

Will be interesting to see how this goes. 

Aye, that's one word for it...

10 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

Even if it's rolling...why? 

If Cormack has found the guy to take over from McInnes and he's the man for the job, back him. Back him with security and time on his deal, back him in the transfer market and back him in getting in who he wants. 

It's utterly, utterly bizarre to give a new manager a one year deal, especially when the club is looking at its highest turnover player wise in recent history. 

I think we're taking a leaf out of the Brechin City model...

17 minutes ago, Ric said:

I guess there is only one question that needs to be asked, is Stephen Glass "Aberdeen minded". If so, then by the rules, he has to be the perfect appointment.

Of course he’s Aberdeen minded. Keep up.

18 minutes ago, Ric said:

I guess there is only one question that needs to be asked, is Stephen Glass "Aberdeen minded". If so, then by the rules, he has to be the perfect appointment.

"His winning mentality, having been mentored in the ‘Aberdeen Way’ from an early age by the likes of Teddy Scott, Alex Smith and Willie Miller, and desire to embrace the Club’s strategy were key factors in our decision."

Game, set and match Stephen Glass, Dave Cormack and Aberdeen FC