Aberdeen's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Aberdeen's next permanent manager?   

283 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Oh yeah, I forgot about Lomas. 

There's always the exception that proves the rule of course, and I know there are a few out there. 

I was just being an arse tbh, as Lomas was a poor manager despite that 3rd place and wouldn't have survived the next season IMO.

On 13/03/2021 at 11:06, wastecoatwilly said:

If Aberdeen don't get this appointment correct they could very easily find themselves in the bottom six. 

I think because of the good job Aberdeen have done on and off the pitch the last 10 years that Aberdeen would be 3rd - 5th regardless of who the manager is. Very slim chance of splitting the top two if the stars align but base case being we'll be 3rd to 5th.

We'll be able to sign 10 players all on above £100k per year this summer (due to having 13 out of contract). Even if only 3 or 4 were a real success (which i'd put as a worst case scenario) that's enough with our current players to make sure we are in the top half.

4 hours ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

The only reason anyone would chong the shriveled, gristly dong of Aberdeen like that is if they were hoping to get a job out of it.  

Whoever told you that you can get a job in football by sucking a dong was taking advantage of you mate. 

I'm trying to think of the last club in Scotland (outside the OF) who appointed a manager with no knowledge of the Scottish game, and was succesful. 
Help me out here. 
The clubs who have really improved themselves this season.....Hibs, Livi, St Johnstone and St Mirren...all have Scottish managers or in Goodwin's case, someone who has played for years in Scotland. 
Maybe Motherwell with Robinson. Everybody else who has taken these left field gambles on foreign coaches or someone 'highly rated' from England, generally get their fingers burned.
Cormack, be warned.

I doubt Steve Clarke had a great deal of knowledge of the Scottish game and that seemed to work out OK.

5 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Listened to a bit more of that Robbie Fowler podcast, he’s definitely thrown his hat in the ring :lol:

Hope he gets an interview at least, would definitely generate some interest in the club 

He has done a fair bit of homework and spoke well, but somebody forgot to mention Graeme Shinnie to him. 

8 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Listened to a bit more of that Robbie Fowler podcast, he’s definitely thrown his hat in the ring :lol:

Hope he gets an interview at least, would definitely generate some interest in the club 

Fowler might be in with a sniff ... ;)

5 minutes ago, Golden Gordon said:

I see trouble ahead, I'm sure Robbie Shepherd would be a great servant to the club, but the Board would end up unceremoniously replacing him with Gary Innes. 

Fair point Gordon.

Would be good whilst it lasted though.

On 18/03/2021 at 11:52, Frank Grimes said:

Robbie Shepherd has plummeted from 50/1 to 10/1

#BringHimHome

2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

The Dream

He spiks the fans' language...