Aberdeen's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Aberdeen's next permanent manager?   

283 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

45 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I don't understand why McInnes would be on that much in Bristol, given that they got him from St Johnstone where he would have been earning 10% of that at a push.

Defo what he was at Bristol £20,000 a week. he came back into McD to pick up some of his belongings during the first few weeks and was saying he had over 20 players on wages above £10,000 a week and goalkeeper on £25,000 a week and still they were facing relegation. 

3 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I fully expect some backlash for my opinion however why sack McInnes if you plan to hire Glass. 

His managerial record as both Atlanta's reserve side and interim manager is exceptionally poor. He's at the level of Steve Paterson and Mark McGhee to name a few shocking Aberdeen managers of the past. Thats not the type appointment that going to increase season ticket sales.

Are we genuinely trying to revert back to bottom six football? Is this a cost cutting exercise during the pandemic?

Steve Robinson would be a considerably better appointment then Glass. We currently hold the most attractive managerial position outside the OF.

Obviously its a premature reaction but I'll be absolutely gutted along with being utterly bemused if Glass appears in the Aberdeen dugout. Would be a complete lack of ambition.

Agree fully.

Would be happy enough with Robinson, also Goodwin, though compo no doubt an issue. With Cormack park we're a much more attractive option than ever before, be interesting to see if any outliers fling their hats into the ring. 

1 hour ago, Center half said:

Defo what he was at Bristol £20,000 a week. he came back into McD to pick up some of his belongings during the first few weeks and was saying he had over 20 players on wages above £10,000 a week and goalkeeper on £25,000 a week and still they were facing relegation. 

Jesus, no wonder the Championship is absolutely fucked financially.

If it's Stephen Glass, I fear another McGhee-like period. What are his contacts like in the game over here - is he able to recruit well enough, considering how many are out of contract this summer? It's potentially quite a rebuild. McInnes also seems very well-liked and respected by the team, you would at least want to replace him with someone who will command a bit of respect by their reputation in the game.

Is there anything about Glass that suggests he would be any better than your average Scottish Premiership manager?

Guest Bob Mahelp
3 minutes ago, G51 said:

If Aberdeen are hiring Glass, they should sign a head of recruitment as well.

Do as much as you can to make it as easy as possible for him.

If we appoint Glass, Dave Cormack will be our head of recruitment.

It's 200% certain we'll end up with a string of Atlanta fringe players arriving at Pittodrie. 

1 minute ago, Bob Mahelp said:

It's 200% certain we'll end up with a string of Atlanta fringe players arriving at Pittodrie. 

If he goes down that road, it'll end in tears.

The MLS is not of a good enough standard that you can ship reserve players out to the Scottish Premiership and expect them to challenge for European places.

This isn't perfect, but it's illustrative: 538's Global Club Rankings have Atlanta as the 359th best team in the world at the minute. Aberdeen are 460th. Atlanta United 2 are 626th, but in reality they're likely worse considering this model doesn't measure better leagues than the USL Championship.

To put some context on the numbers, the top ranked MLS side is 185th, LAFC. Rangers are 58th, Celtic are 121st.

Now, if Aberdeen were to field a team exclusively made up of Celtic and Rangers fringe players, where do you think it would finish in the league? Easily in the bottom half, and probably in relegation trouble IMO.

So to try that tactic, only with significantly worse players? I don't think Cormack is stupid enough to try it.

Robinson is just change for the sake of change. Surely that won’t happen?

If it was Glass, he really would need the right man beside him, either a good assistant or director of football. 

I would like to think after binning McInnes that the new gaffer will be a bit more inspiring than either of those.

18 minutes ago, Flammable sheep said:

If it's Stephen Glass, I fear another McGhee-like period. What are his contacts like in the game over here - is he able to recruit well enough, considering how many are out of contract this summer? It's potentially quite a rebuild. McInnes also seems very well-liked and respected by the team, you would at least want to replace him with someone who will command a bit of respect by their reputation in the game.

Is there anything about Glass that suggests he would be any better than your average Scottish Premiership manager McInnes?

FTFY

18 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Cormack's a bit eccentric but I don't share your certainty on this one.

If Glass is coming in then it absolutely must be with an experienced head in a DoF role overseeing recruitment and other things. There is no other viable option.

If it turns out we've got rid of Mcinnes mid season with no clear thought process about where we want to go next i.e. he's just bowed to the number of times he's been @'d on Twitter by absolute fannies, I'll be absolutely seething tbh.

19 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Cormack's a bit eccentric but I don't share your certainty on this one.

If Glass is coming in then it absolutely must be with an experienced head in a DoF role overseeing recruitment and other things. There is no other viable option.

If it turns out we've got rid of Mcinnes mid season with no clear thought process about where we want to go next i.e. he's just bowed to the number of times he's been @'d on Twitter by absolute fannies, I'll be absolutely seething tbh.

Prepare to seethe...

The BBC Gossip page (Yesterday) provided a link to one paper reporting that Glass is being considered as a Director of Football rather then as the new manager. 

Goodwin is probably the number one choice for the safe routes closely followed by Robinson.

Personally, I think Maloney would be an interesting appointment. 

I've read elsewhere (AFC Chat) others declaring their desire for Darren Fletcher however I'd argue Maloney would be a better option at this current time.

Edited by HarleyQuinn

The pipe dream of Darren Fletcher (at least on Aberdeen Mad - I've not seen it mentioned elsewhere) is over. He's been appointed Technical Director at Man United.