Aberdeen's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Aberdeen's next permanent manager?   

283 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, Center half said:

interesting! Michael ONeill is reputably on £1.5M a year, McInnes was on £1M a year at Bristol City 8 years ago. Do you think he is still in at that level of salary with you guys? Dont have any idea about Neill TBH.  

McInnes and Dochertys compensation figure was around £1.5m.

26 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

McInnes and Dochertys compensation figure was around £1.5m.

Would imagine they will be on the "Garden leave" type agreement paid weekly and if they take another job then they forfeit the remainder of the pay out, must admit would never have  thought he was on that amount of money? suppose it was increased to that level to keep him when, they and Sunderland were sniffing around.   

2 minutes ago, Center half said:

Would imagine they will be on the "Garden leave" type agreement paid weekly and if they take another job then they forfeit the remainder of the pay out, must admit would never have  thought he was on that amount of money? suppose it was increased to that level to keep him when, they and Sunderland were sniffing around.   

I would think so. That usually gets kept quiet so the club haven't stated that.

I'm not believing it was mutual consent.

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

I would think so. That usually gets kept quiet so the club haven't stated that.

I'm not believing it was mutual consent.

Yes the "Mutual agreement/consent" is a well used term in football terms! He would have had a case of "constructive dismissal" if it was the straight sack. the well documented financial constraints in the transfer periods of play now paid later and buy now pay later would give him good a case of a claim! Not wanting to piss on your parade but think we went trough similar with TW last year.

3 minutes ago, Center half said:

Yes the "Mutual agreement/consent" is a well used term in football terms! He would have had a case of "constructive dismissal" if it was the straight sack. the well documented financial constraints in the transfer periods of play now paid later and buy now pay later would give him good a case of a claim! Not wanting to piss on your parade but think we went trough similar with TW last year.

I was actually sure you had with Wright but thought I'd end up being wrong if I posted.

McInnes has been at it for 8 years. He could probably do with a break. By the time travel restrictions are over he might not be able to go to Florida without speaking to potential transfer targets on the phone whilst queueing in the theme parks!

Scott Burns saying that Glass is the favourite.

Also says that Scot Gemmill has been linked with the job, but presumably he's a long shot.

That is the banter appointment. He's absolutely fucking hopeless.

I've got to say, and only my opinion, but if Stephen Glass is appointed the next Aberdeen manager then I'll be shocked and dismayed in equal measure whilst seriously questioning Cormack's competence and commitment to the position of AFC chairman. 

I said it months ago on here that if Glass is appointed Aberdeen manager then Cormack hasn't done due diligence to find the best person for the role. I'm led to believe that Glass is a family friend of Cormack. 

For these reasons, I can't imagine that Cormack would be as unprofessional as to appoint Glass... 

I fully expect some backlash for my opinion however why sack McInnes if you plan to hire Glass. 

His managerial record as both Atlanta's reserve side and interim manager is exceptionally poor. He's at the level of Steve Paterson and Mark McGhee to name a few shocking Aberdeen managers of the past. Thats not the type appointment that going to increase season ticket sales.

Are we genuinely trying to revert back to bottom six football? Is this a cost cutting exercise during the pandemic?

Steve Robinson would be a considerably better appointment then Glass. We currently hold the most attractive managerial position outside the OF.

Obviously its a premature reaction but I'll be absolutely gutted along with being utterly bemused if Glass appears in the Aberdeen dugout. Would be a complete lack of ambition.

Edited by HarleyQuinn

It's feel very much like Davidson and Saints, in terms of Glass has been talked about for so long as McInnes' replacement that there's got to be something in it.

As HarleyQuinn says I really wouldn’t get sacking McInnes just to replace him with Glass. His record at Atlanta is hardly inspiring. Appointing Glass would just increase my doubts about Cormack. 

I am also still surprised at sacking McInnes to allow an interim team to try to win the cup. Can understand sacking him if the intention was to give the new team a run at the cup but if we are just going with the interim team we would have been as well sticking with McInnes to the summer. 

9 hours ago, G51 said:

Scott Burns saying that Glass is the favourite.

Also says that Scot Gemmill has been linked with the job, but presumably he's a long shot.

That is the banter appointment. He's absolutely fucking hopeless.

Gemmill. Chortle.  Please make it so. 

interesting! Michael ONeill is reputably on £1.5M a year, McInnes was on £1M a year at Bristol City 8 years ago. Do you think he is still in at that level of salary with you guys? Dont have any idea about Neill TBH.  

I don't understand why McInnes would be on that much in Bristol, given that they got him from St Johnstone where he would have been earning 10% of that at a push.

3 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I don't understand why McInnes would be on that much in Bristol, given that they got him from St Johnstone where he would have been earning 10% of that at a push.

Probably partly explains why they nearly went to the wall...again!