Aberdeen's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Aberdeen's next permanent manager?   

283 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Think McInnes will land on his feet with this agreeing to depart.

When Big Sam fails to keep the Baggies in English Premiership Del will be announced as new manager of Championship side.

Big gamble by Aberdeen Directors unless they want to go to level pre McInnes.

Danny Cowley is probably the name that interests me most from those being mooted, but I think he is hanging on for another job in England. 

I think Stephen Glass will be involved in some capacity, though. It also wouldn't surprise me if Cormack moves to a Director of Football model.

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

Hunter was taking the piss.

You definitely beat us at Pittodrie on at least one occasion. Greg Stewart ran the show after Devlin was sent off a few minutes in.

Oh aye that’s right I think it was actually Rugby Park where he was undefeated.

Guest Bob Mahelp
3 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Danny Cowley is probably the name that interests me most from those being mooted, but I think he is hanging on for another job in England. 

I think Stephen Glass will be involved in some capacity, though. It also wouldn't surprise me if Cormack moves to a Director of Football model.

We've done all that before and it's absolutely w@nk. We pay someone 200 grand a year to supervise us finishing in the bottom 4. 

I want to give Cormack the benefit of the doubt, but it terrifies me what he could do here. 

53 minutes ago, Steakngravys Maw said:

Fucking hilarious that Neil Lennon is the P&B fans second choice.

Makes perfect sense. A marriage made in heaven.

How far is it from Kirkcaldy to Ibrox, anyway?

1 minute ago, Bob Mahelp said:

We've done all that before and it's absolutely w@nk. We pay someone 200 grand a year to supervise us finishing in the bottom 4. 

I want to give Cormack the benefit of the doubt, but it terrifies me what he could do here. 

I mean, it depends on who it actually is and what their remit entails. We are not automatically going to fall into the bottom four if there is a structural change. 

4 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I mean, it depends on who it actually is and what their remit entails. We are not automatically going to fall into the bottom four if there is a structural change. 

The difficulty with that model is the power dynamic between the DoF and the head coach. It's hard to find a perfect balance between having a DoF with enough gravitas to really make an impact in the role, but without totally overshadowing the head coach and undermining his authority with the players.

That said, there are clear benefits if you can get it right, as ultimately it's a far more effective way of promoting the long term vision of a club. Also it keeps the coach totally focused on training and tactics for his current pool of players. Neither of which were apparently McInnes' strong points.

Just now, jacobsladder said:

Alex Neil?????

Would be between him and Michael O'Neill for me. I think with McInnes levels of salary both might consider it, but I have a strong suspiscion the club will be looking to pay a lot less.

2 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

I’m sure the prospect wouldn’t have excited Aberdeen fans too much nor would he probably fit in with the “vision” Aberdeen have for themselves but I wonder if Tommy Wright wishes he had been a wee bit more patient.

Think I’m right in saying as well that McInnes leaves with an undefeated record in all competitions against Kilmarnock which is pretty amazing consider we spent the whole time in the same division.

It’s pretty amazing until you realise it’s against Kilmarnock.  

Seriously though, surely this should have happened months ago?

Edited by Savage Henry

2 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

It’s pretty amazing until you realise it’s against Kilmarnock.  

Seriously though, surely this should have happened months ago?

Looking back you wonder if the January window was a bit of a power struggle between Cormack and McInnes?

The signing of 3 loan strikers was bizarre. McInnes probably asked for funds to replace Cosgrove, got told he wasn't allowed to sign anyone permanently, so went out and got as many temporary strikers as he could.

1 hour ago, Templar Saint said:

Think McInnes will land on his feet with this agreeing to depart.

When Big Sam fails to keep the Baggies in English Premiership Del will be announced as new manager of Championship side.

Big gamble by Aberdeen Directors unless they want to go to level pre McInnes.

But we are Aberdeen are must be challenging for 1st and both cups every year............even then we'd moan like f**k

1 hour ago, Illgresi said:

Would be between him and Michael O'Neill for me. I think with McInnes levels of salary both might consider it, but I have a strong suspiscion the club will be looking to pay a lot less.

interesting! Michael ONeill is reputably on £1.5M a year, McInnes was on £1M a year at Bristol City 8 years ago. Do you think he is still in at that level of salary with you guys? Dont have any idea about Neill TBH.  

3 minutes ago, Center half said:

interesting! Michael ONeill is reputably on £1.5M a year, McInnes was on £1M a year at Bristol City 8 years ago. Do you think he is still in at that level of salary with you guys? Dont have any idea about Neill TBH.  

He was supposedly on £17k or £18k a week. But like everything regarding football contracts, there's no evidence to back that up.

Wasn't aware O'Neill was on quite that much. That would certainly put us out of the picture.

Edited by Illgresi