Dunfermline Athletic v Greenock Morton

A positive COVID test resulted in 2 of our quick-fire games being put back which means this is our next game to look forward to (or not, probably)

So, can Morton win and help their fight for survival with what would be their one billionth win at EEP in the past 10 years? I'm sticking a good amount of money on both teams to score and Morton winning. Our record against them truly is a shambles and I have no confidence we'll pick up any more than a point at best.

We have a miserable trip to Inverness to put in before this one.

Your point about Morton's record against you is valid. How the f**k we beat you last time is still a mystery.

We won't this time.

Edited by Jamie_M

Pars to take a lead then sit back and allow Morton to look like a 1970s Brazilian team.

Never know though, it might be one of our 1 in 30 games when we play the high press, high tempo football that Crawford said he wanted his team to play 2 years ago.

We really need to start putting more wins together from here and looking to dominate games more often. Our tactics are more suited to a side that has a weak squad and fighting a relegation battle.

I'm finding it demoralising watching Pars have a good 20-30 minute spell and showing their potential, gaining a lead then just knowing that we will go back in our shell and be hanging on eventually.

Edited by Chubbychops

6 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

Pars to take a lead then sit back and allow Morton to look like a 1970s Brazilian team.

Never know though, it might be one of our 1 in 30 games when we play the high press, high tempo football that Crawford said he wanted his team to play 2 years ago.

We really need to start putting more wins together from here and looking to dominate games more often. Our tactics are more suited to a side that has a weak squad and fighting a relegation battle.

I'm finding it demoralising watching Pars have a good 20-30 minute spell and showing their potential, gaining a lead then just knowing that we will go back in our shell and be hanging on eventually.

See how demoralising it is to have no good spells, and know that even if you gain a lead you're guaranteed to lose it as opposed to hanging on and maybe getting away with it.

In our now 10 game winless run - likely to be 11 by Saturday - we have drawn six. We've been ahead in five of them, the only exception being the shitfest against yourselves. Three of the four defeats have been to nil. If you take the lead the game is over, if we take the lead you are guaranteed to equalise.

I've seen far shitter Morton squads than this , which is saying something considering there aren't 11 Championship players in it and you'd struggle to make a competitive League One team from it, but I've never seen one so mentally weak. It's not just that they aren't good enough, they're painfully aware that they aren't good enough and even when they're ahead they know they aren't going to win.

Well, it turns out we can hold on to a lead!

If Strapp is fit then he should be back in at left back, otherwise the team should stay the same. Sterling has more about him than the other centre forwards and our best midfielders were on the park.

9 hours ago, TONTROOPER said:

FTFY

Aye, fair fucks. Not sure anyone expected that but can go into this one with a bit more confidence.

3 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

If Strapp is fit then he should be back in at left back, otherwise the team should stay the same. 

'Should', but I really don't see Anton dropping his captain so if Strapp came back in I would expect him to reshuffle and put Strapp to left back, McGinty in the centre and Fjortoft back out. 

Crazy to say it but Strapp might be best sitting out and going same again.

Dunfermline, if you could continue to be shite against us after all, that would be just magic.

We need to win this. Raith drawing and Inverness losing, Dundee still looking a bit shit but within touching distance, Queens surely can't stay on this run forever? Second place is still there for us despite a shite second third of the season but we need to go after teams, especially at home. 1-0 Morton.

19 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

We need to win this. Raith drawing and Inverness losing, Dundee still looking a bit shit but within touching distance, Queens surely can't stay on this run forever? Second place is still there for us despite a shite second third of the season but we need to go after teams, especially at home. 1-0 Morton.

I agree Crawford really needs to address late season slumps and then crawling towards the finish line. Put a few wins together and we will be looking decent for Second knowing us we will only win our game against Hearts between now and the end of the season.

3 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

What do Inverness losing have to do with anything? We should be far more concerned with how they get on for here on than you should.

Inverness, like Morton, are not going to challenge for the promotion play-offs. It would take something quite spectacular for either of them to take over from any one of Raith down to Dundee. But, in saying that, from a personal point, we aren't very good and our home form will probably see us sleep walk in to 3rd or 4th spot. Our away form has been abysmal, which would naturally see us slump to our usual mid-table obscurity spot we've been accustomed to over the past few seasons, but we have managed to grind out more victories than draws at home which has made a difference. 

I honestly can't see us getting any more than a point from this. That was an excellent result for Morton last night, something we haven't been able to do in donkeys years, so that should give them confidence. Our form against Morton is a shambles, and we look awful in the final 3rd without Ryan Dow. It's possible we could be without Murray as well as Comrie again. Without much proper training since the loss to QoS, I doubt either would be risked if they weren't 100% fit. 

Edited by DAFC.

If we come away with something it's a decent a result. Pars only won 3 of last 12 so not in great form either but their home form is very good, it's a hard place to go so anything would be welcome, although we should absolutely be targeting 3 points again. 

Same team as last night unless Strapp is back. Looked solid and Sterling gave us something different. Trio of Lyon, Colville and Jacobs impressed and we never gave much away defensively. 

1-1.

9 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

McElhone’s last contribution to Morton as he walks out the door should be the words ‘same team as Tuesday, Gus’.

Aye, would be very Morton to finally get some of our better players on the pitch, win a game, then revert to the shite straight after.