Dundee Utd 0-0 Aberdeen, March 20th

I know that this will not meet the agreement of most Aberdeen fans on here, but there definitely positive s to be taken from today. I really liked the confidence that Jack Mackenzie played with, although he did have a young Considine moment which indirectly led to their goal, Campbell played well, Taylor was excellent and we got another youngster on the park. Not for the first time this season we had a fairly decent first half and could have scored a couple before half time, but pretty much lost our way up front after the break. Our crossing in particular in the second half was abysmal, and when we did get crosses in, the heading was abysmal.

I know that this will not meet the agreement of most Aberdeen fans on here, but there definitely positive s to be taken from today. I really liked the confidence that Jack Mackenzie played with, although he did have a young Considine moment which indirectly led to their goal, Campbell played well, Taylor was excellent and we got another youngster on the park. Not for the first time this season we had a fairly decent first half and could have scored a couple before half time, but pretty much lost our way up front after the break. Our crossing in particular in the second half was abysmal, and when we did get crosses in, the heading was abysmal.

Agree with most of that - and Taylor’s probably last man standing for our player of the season.

The crossing/final ball remains utterly lamentable - we keep hearing the poor lads are lacking confidence.
But where is the kahunas and drive to drag themselves out of this? - and what on earth are they practising at Cormack Park when not one player seems capable of picking out a decent final pass.

45 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Agreed. You could see what Sheerin was trying to achieve. Play out from the back, keeping the ball on the ground, short passing and trying to use the channels. It just wasn't particularly well executed, with misplaced passes and losing the second ball too often. Strangely it seemed like a group of players who had barely played together, but I suppose that could be expected with a new system. 

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

Really? 

Yep, every team in the Premiership would love to be playing us. We look absolutely bereft of confidence, 24 hours without a goal in open play, can see us drawing 0-0 and going out on pens, probably 3-0.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

You'll not have me disagreeing.

Thought we were playing a much better style of football, despite clearly still lacking the cutting edge we need to win games. Hayes and McGinn are relics from a past era, and shouldn't play again except under the most dire circumstances.

Delighted with Mackenzie, thought he was very solid, no hint of nervousness, and really got stuck in with some good challenges whilst being keen to get forward. I certainly wouldn't place any blame for the goal on him. We had our defence back in position, so to allow them to score from on the touchline level with the 18yrd box, is abominable defending.

Young Campbell is really starting to come on to a game. Taking more and more responsibility, however I'd still like to see him grabbing games by the scruff of the neck. He's still very young though, and has a very bright future.

Ferguson and McCrorie have both been rather quiet of late. Need a rocket up them.

I'd like to see Kennedy in for Hayes in the next game, and perhaps an unpopular opinion, I'd like Ferguson dropped for Ethan Ross.

Realistically, 3rd is gone, Sheerin isn't getting the managers/head coach job, so let's get some minutes into the young lads.

5 hours ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

Should've been careful what you wished for.

We told you so.

:greggy:

The best manager they've ever had, and a League Cup winning legend to boot, and that's how the shameless Dandy Dons treat poor Del?

Guess bringing Scotland's self-appointed 'third force' (me neither :lol:) their only piece of silverware since approximately the breakup of the Soviet Union counts for nothing.

36 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

The best manager they've ever had, and a League Cup winning legend to boot, and that's how the shameless Dandy Dons treat poor Del?

Guess bringing Scotland's self-appointed 'third force' (me neither :lol:) their only piece of silverware since approximately the breakup of the Soviet Union counts for nothing.

🎣

2 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

They tried to play it out from the back, tbf. That's got to be worth something. 

Never really looked comfortable doing it though. At points it seemed like they were actively trying to concede the type of goal that would have brought back fond memories of Clangers at Tannadice.

To be fair, if three of your back five are Lewis, Taylor and Considine, all of whom are rather limited with the ball at their feet, it is going to make playing out from the back smoothly a much more anxious experience for all concerned. 

5 hours ago, captainkev said:

Never really looked comfortable doing it though. At points it seemed like they were actively trying to concede the type of goal that would have brought back fond memories of Clangers at Tannadice.

Their passing out from the back gave me PTSD type flashbacks of our Mixu relegation speed run.

11 hours ago, starryfish said:

Yep, every team in the Premiership would love to be playing us. We look absolutely bereft of confidence, 24 hours without a goal in open play, can see us drawing 0-0 and going out on pens, probably 3-0.

Not sure if you realise that neither Dumbarton nor Huntly are in the Premiership.

9 hours ago, HibsFan said:

I love that Hibs fans are coming in here and taking the piss out of us. We have been pretty much utter shite for around four months now and Hibs still haven’t sewn up third place.

9 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Very surpised how positive most Dons fans are. They were utter shite and could still be playing now and not have scored.

Unless we were like pep guardiola’s barca in the first half I’m also struggling to understand it.