Dundee Utd 0-0 Aberdeen, March 20th

Good performance and a great result that pretty much guarantees us safe.

Tremendous from Fuchs in the build up to the goal, wee man has been a great signing.

Looked OK at the back. Seems we have something with Edwards and Reynolds.

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

We’ve actually gotten worse. Good effort. 

Hardly. Played out from the back successfully. There's at least 4 occasions where the final ball from Hayes or McLennan was terrible and nowhere near their target.

Utd won the game with a lovely goal after taking advantage of a mistake from a young player making his debut.

Certainly miles better from both teams than what they produced in the previous match ups.

It was a ridiculous signing. He's been awful for the majority of the season.

Indeed. The misplaced sentimental loyalty to Hayes and McGinn, having no competent strikers, Ferguson/McCrorie going from Scotland candidate’s to complete jobbers, our keeper regularly gifting goals, and other general p1sh, have collectively combined to create a ghoulish fitba nightmare.

11 points from 42. 1 (gift) goal in 10 games. I am still looking over my shoulder at Livi.

Just as predicted shite game 1-0 to someone.

Wish this season would just end the football we are playing is so so so boring.

Positives to take ,young loon McKenzie looks worth persevering with and Sheerin no chance of becoming manager.

2 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Hardly. Played out from the back successfully. There's at least 4 occasions where the final ball from Hayes or McLennan was terrible and nowhere near their target.

Utd won the game with a lovely goal after taking advantage of a mistake from a young player making his debut.

Certainly miles better from both teams than what they produced in the previous match ups.

I only watched the second half to be fair but from what I saw we were stinking. Never scoring. 

Great 3 points. Thought we took a little while to get into the 2nd half, but once we did we were the more dangerous team. Another goal for Spörle too, good to see.

Bit of a concern seeing Butcher subbed off so late. Seems unlikely it was done just to indulge Mellon's fetish for having Clark, McNulty and Shankland all on at the same time.

He's been on a long period of poor form, but I thought Robson had a superb game today. Fuchs was excellent too, we'll miss him big time when his imminent suspension kicks in.

9 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I only watched the second half to be fair but from what I saw we were stinking. Never scoring. 

I think there were a few positive signs (Campbell’s performance, looking to play it out from the back, etc.)

But yeah, attacking wise still the same problems. Didn’t have any belief the full game that we were capable of scoring.

15 minutes ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

Should've been careful what you wished for.

We told you so.

:greggy:

That was still Mcinnes team and Mcinnes coaches leading his team.

All about this summer as for this season no longer care . 

Great win, lovely build up play for the goal and every player with pass marks - not a bad day’s work.  Still disappointing to see Shanks getting so little service.

Five points from our five post split games mean we cannot be dragged into the play-off spot.

When I saw Celtic and Aberdeen as our last two post-split games I would not have predicted four points.

50 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Great win, lovely build up play for the goal and every player with pass marks - not a bad day’s work.  Still disappointing to see Shanks getting so little service.

Five points from our five post split games mean we cannot be dragged into the play-off spot.

When I saw Celtic and Aberdeen as our last two post-split games I would not have predicted four points.

Less than that surely. Those teams have also got to play against each other. The bottom three all need four wins out of five to overhaul us even if we were to lose all our games.