Royal Family Crisis

1 hour ago, 101 said:

100% George Floyd inspired but more to do with the Queen and her countries behaviour to ethnic minorities around the world during her tenure. 

It also kinda looks like its done in the style of Viz.

"Elizabeth Windsor...she asks what shade their skins are..."

Charlie Hebdo will never publish anything remotely as funny as Donald Trump saying "if the morons who killed all those people at Charlie Hebdo would have just waited, the magazine would have folded - no money, no success!"

I skipped the interview and have tried to avoid the endless stories since. But through osmosis some of the stuff has come through.

My biggest thought though is: what was the point of the interview? It can only be money - take a few million quid to trash the family on TV. I just don't get the point.

1 minute ago, scottsdad said:

I skipped the interview and have tried to avoid the endless stories since. But through osmosis some of the stuff has come through.

My biggest thought though is: what was the point of the interview? It can only be money - take a few million quid to trash the family on TV. I just don't get the point.

I don't see any down side from Meghan's point of view though - she'd burned her bridges with the UK anyway.  It keeps her profile high which is important if they're going to make a life out of media.  

3 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

They were quite open about just doing tv stuff for the money. Rake in some dosh so they don’t have to think about work/money again. 

I didn't know that Harry had said the stuff about him (and Charlie and Willie) being "trapped" by the Institution - which seems a bit more of a story than anything else - until I saw the clip of him saying that on Googlebox. Seems strange the press wouldn't mention that (though not really).

I didn't know that Harry had said the stuff about him (and Charlie and Willie) being "trapped" by the Institution - which seems a bit more of a story than anything else - until I saw the clip of him saying that on Googlebox. Seems strange the press wouldn't mention that (though not really).

Often wondered how many of the younger royals can actually be arsed with it. Might see some of them choose to not have much involvement after Lizzie pops her clogs.

23 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Often wondered how many of the younger royals can actually be arsed with it. Might see some of them choose to not have much involvement after Lizzie pops her clogs.

Eugenie is desperate for the attention and cash it brings, she even got the tax payer to spunk at least a million probably  on her wedding to a millionaire. You would hope by now there would be at least some consensus that those in direct line to the throne can stay at Buckingham Palace and have some of the life, but the rest of the hangers on can pay for their own accomodation and if they feel they need it security.

Eugenie is desperate for the attention and cash it brings, she even got the tax payer to spunk at least a million probably  on her wedding to a millionaire. You would hope by now there would be at least some consensus that those in direct line to the throne can stay at Buckingham Palace and have some of the life, but the rest of the hangers on can pay for their own accomodation and if they feel they need it security.

Did the Swedish royal family not start cutting off and encouraging those not in direct line to look at alternative jobs?

Eugenie is a c**t though so none of that above surprises me.

47 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Did the Swedish royal family not start cutting off and encouraging those not in direct line to look at alternative jobs?

Eugenie is a c**t though so none of that above surprises me.

I think we are the last proper monarchy that appeases all the hangers on.

The fact Eugenie has the bare faced cheek to remind people her dad still has the ear of the queen and is being bankrolled by us is unbelievable.

Edited by 101

I think we are the last proper monarchy that appeases all the hangers on.
The fact Eugenie has the bare faced cheek to remind people her dad still has the ear of the queen and is being bankrolled by us is unbelievable.

As long we’re not bankrolling his potentials upcoming court case

4 hours ago, Shandon Par Decorator said:

They were quite open about just doing tv stuff for the money. Rake in some dosh so they don’t have to think about work/money again. 

Basically to pay their bills since Harry complained his dad has cut him off. They'll probably end up as very expensive after dinner speakers when Covid goes away. 

Not really sure what he expected there, right enough. If he doesn't want to do the "work" then he shouldn't expect his arrangements funded by the UK taxpayer. 

4 hours ago, scottsdad said:

There was no payment for the Oprah interview. They made this clear at the start.

When they quit their duties, they said they wanted to be "financially independent". But much now to complain of being cut off!

But then you have to wonder how they could make money. Aside from being famous for who they are, what can they do? What skills do they have? 

2 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

When they quit their duties, they said they wanted to be "financially independent". But much now to complain of being cut off!

But then you have to wonder how they could make money. Aside from being famous for who they are, what can they do? What skills do they have? 

They could clean ovens.

3 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Is this a serious question? Are you aware that Meghan Markle was already a well-known and successful actress prior to meeting Harry?

Edited by The Real Saints

It is a serious question. She was indeed a minor actor in a successful TV show (hardly a household name), and apparently it was suggested to her that she keep acting but she said no. She could do that now, with her profile as it is a movie or two would see them sorted for life.