Royal Family Crisis

16 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

Allow me.

Any of P&B's teachers intending to ask the staunch kids to leave the room while they show this?

boarbetweenarchers.jpeg

They'd best keep an eye out for a twat dressed like this coming to their offices with a shooter 

image.thumb.jpeg.c4dae5b30d829b590495db6f8f09681f.jpeg

1 hour ago, Bert Raccoon said:

They'd best keep an eye out for a twat dressed like this coming to their offices with a shooter 

Don't mock judging by some of his flags he's in distress 

1 hour ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Macho Man Andy Savage taking a break from the British wrestling scene.

4 hours ago, badgerthewitness said:

Allow me.

Any of P&B's teachers intending to ask the staunch kids to leave the room while they show this?

boarbetweenarchers.jpeg

I've been browsing Twitter and saw that this was trending. I must say that I've definitely interpreted this cover in a completely different way from the vast majority of people. It honestly didn't even cross my mind that this was mocking George Floyd or Meghan Markle, but maybe I'm just a bit dim.

4 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

I've been browsing Twitter and saw that this was trending. I must say that I've definitely interpreted this cover in a completely different way from the vast majority of people. It honestly didn't even cross my mind that this was mocking George Floyd or Meghan Markle, but maybe I'm just a bit dim.

I don't see it as mocking Markle or Floyd, more of a commentary on the royals' attitude to race.

6 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

100% George Floyd inspired but more to do with the Queen and her countries behaviour to ethnic minorities around the world during her tenure. 

I don't see it as mocking Markle or Floyd, more of a commentary on the royals' attitude to race.
That's what I thought tbh. Portraying the Queen as Chauvin?

Just now, 101 said:

100% George Floyd inspired but more to do with the Queen and her countries behaviour to ethnic minorities around the world during her tenure. 

Of course George Floyd inspired. I definitely see it as nothing other than a statement on the underlying racism within the Royal Family rather than a mockery of George Floyd's death or Meghan Markle's Oprah interview. But looking at Twitter, I feel like I'm in a minority. 

15 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Of course George Floyd inspired. I definitely see it as nothing other than a statement on the underlying racism within the Royal Family rather than a mockery of George Floyd's death or Meghan Markle's Oprah interview. But looking at Twitter, I feel like I'm in a minority. 

Not sure it's mocking his death, it's mocking the fact white powerful people act with impunity. The problem with Twitter is often the subject of the joke "White people killing black people with no or little consequences" is conflated with "its funny that white people kill black people".

The joke might be in bad taste but its perfectly printable

26 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Yeah that’s the way I see it as well. Just had a look on Twitter and you’re not wrong that it appears to be the minority view. Someone tried to make that comment and has been hounded as a disgusting racist. Wild.

44 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

I'm struggling to see how anyone could arrive at a different perspective.

9 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I'm struggling to see how anyone could arrive at a different perspective.

I think they get the message they're just upset at the imagery of a black person being knelt on with the George Floyd "I can't breath" which I can understand. 

1 minute ago, Stormzy said:

I think they get the message they're just upset at the imagery of a black person being knelt on with the George Floyd "I can't breath" which I can understand. 

From a quick trawl of twitter, they literally don’t. The view seems to be that it is aimed at Meghan and racist, which i just don’t see.