Royal Family Crisis

23 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

This'll be my last word on this you'll be pleased to hear. Thanks to all those who showed support. I won't go in to all the posts to dissect them, but I think this one shows up the degree of inaccurate recall used to inform the posts made. The posts are 12 hours apart.

I'll leave to others to judge the degree of directness of any offence.

I wouldn't worry. I am fairly sure most posters would recognise it for what it was, and file the boy's nonsense in the attention-seeking bin. 

1 hour ago, Tynierose said:

There we go, there's the post in question.  Why can't admin find it, well erm because we all have jobs and don't have hours to traipse through a plethora of posts when the complainee doesn't even know where or when it was posted.   Incidentally it was in the lockdown achievement thread, not the covid thread or the fitness thread,  it wasn't last summer it was last Spring.   The report was on the 8th of April and it was dealt with by a moderator who hid the post.

As you can see if you want to go to that thread you and others were posting various pieces of gym equipment and people were commenting in it. SW  posted what is above.    His reply was hidden by a mod with nil further action taken.   I didn't deal with it but in my opinion no way is SW suggesting that you go hang yourself.   Is it in poor taste, yes, is it gallows humour, yes.  Is it directed at you, I wouldn't say so No.   

Thank you.

This is so meta it hurts. :lol: 

46 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Okay, good explanation, I know the picture you're referencing and my shite memory always made me presume that was from an EU debate and therefore used against Brexiteers specifically initially but as you say unsurprised to see it morph from the Corbyn QT audience rapidly to include Brexit and other issues. 

NTP and Mixu unsurprisingly yet again being the grown ups in the room and showing how to conversate without getting knickers in a twist and purposefully misrepresenting views/posts. 

Happy to know that using Harry Potter as a reference point is considered a sign of grown-up conversation lol.

36 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

My point really wasn't gammon == working class, just to clear that up. 

Aye I know. I do think some people, for whatever reason, think that tho. Helen Lewis claimed it as a way of calling Corbynistas classist because if there's one thing this country has done well since 2015 it's teaching fascists and bigots that they're progressive.

1 hour ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Royal family will stay lipped, deny everything and the staunch royal unionist state media will take care of the rest

Aye, and also, if they don't say anything where does it go? Nowhere. Anyone else, there'd be pressure to sack them. But the royals can't lose an election, can't lose a sponsorship deal, there's literally f**k all anyone can do except make snide jokes.

2 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

I get vibes from royalist types that they'd get moist at the prospect of having Lèse-majesté ala Thailand.

I think that's always been the case TBH, at least with the kind of roasters who spend their lives outside royal palaces covered in union flegs.

On 08/03/2021 at 08:28, Michael W said:

I genuinely don't care about the Royal Family either way, but the coverage of Harry and Megan is enough to drive anyone to republicanism. They wanted to leave and did so, yet they're still never out the press with talk of feuds etc and other associated nonsense. Let it go FFS. 

On the interview itself I've seen the cliff notes and so have seen as much as I ever will. It's poor to accuse someone of racism and leave that person unnamed, IMO, although you'd bet the house on old Phil here. 

I always felt we were gonna end up here, unless she goes back to the acting H&M have only one thing to sell - their estrangement from the royal family and Netflix weren't gonna splash the cash unless they were getting a hot story. 

On the specific point about who made the racist remarks I agree it would have been better to name the individual - although my money would be on Camilla.

11 minutes ago, btb said:

I always felt we were gonna end up here, unless she goes back to the acting H&M have only one thing to sell - their estrangement from the royal family and Netflix weren't gonna splash the cash unless they were getting a hot story. 

On the specific point about who made the racist remarks I agree it would have been better to name the individual - although my money would be on Camilla.

Executive Producers of The Crown 2021. Netflix, Fox or whoever will just hand over blank cheques forever for that.

On 10/03/2021 at 12:05, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Question, will the fallout from the M&H interview f**k the Monarchy harder than the time Michael Fagan got into her bedroom?

Interesting one, like I suggested above if H&M want to keep raking the cash in they'll have to keep "dishing the dirt" - how much more do they have?

Just now, Bert Raccoon said:

Leaked sex tape next would be my guess 

Thanks for putting the thought of a leaked Phil/Liz sex tape into my head. You b*****d.

8 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

Has to be Liz & Captain Tom*, as Phil is made to watch.

*over the walking frame

^^^ NSFW forum for this pish

Please.

Seen David Aaranovitch the Times columnist arguing that the offending royal might've been hoping the wean was darker skinned to help the family promote its diverse image. I wonder if he would bark like a dog if The Firm asked him to do that as well.