Royal Family Crisis

7 minutes ago, Gaz said:

My mate messaged his wife that we'd beat France 1-0 with a Faddy wondergoal and for years she thought we had a player called Faddy Wondergoal.

Nominative determinism at its best there for young Mr Wondergoal.

7 minutes ago, Forest_Fifer said:

They're at it as well.
"Philip, 99"

Does he still get a letter from the Queen if he makes 100?

If it was me in that situation, I think I'd still want one.  Posted too.

34 minutes ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

I went to see Teenage Fanclub at the Jaffa Cake* in Edinburgh the night Diana died. I was, and I can't understate this enough, absolutely hungover to hell the next morning. I can't really remember that day distinctly, so I don't know when I clocked what had taken place. The funereal music suited my head.

During the week leading to the funeral I went to see U2 (supported by Spearhead, The Seahorses and blooming Belly!) at Murrayfield 

I was at both those gigs too!

That Fannies show was the hottest I have ever been in a crowd, had to dry boak in the bogs after, thought I was passing oot!

I mind in the pre Google days having to phone directory enquiries to get the number of the Jaffa Cake, wanted to make sure the gig was still on before we drove through from Glasgow as everything seemed to be getting cancelled. 

13 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

Driving out of of the gates at Buckingham palace, window down to talk to reporters.

Michael Bridge standing at the gates of Sandringham waiting for confirmation whilst Prince Edward is jumping about behind him chanting 'Windsor, Windsor' and trying to stick a dildo in his ear.

Just now, Snobot said:

Loved their radio, used to structure my day around their 2pm show when I was a man of leisure. 

I'm old enough that their10pm show was the soundtrack to my student years. 

1 minute ago, PWL said:

I'm old enough that their10pm show was the soundtrack to my student years. 

Same. It was pretty funny that they ended up on prime time breakfast when clearly they weren’t remotely suited to it. I still think their 2pm show is the high water mark in radio broadcasting.

Phillip to make the ultimate 'take one for the team' sacrifice and cark it in the next couple of days in a 1-2 sucker punch. Absolute NAP.

Not only will his selflessness divert much needed sympathy to The Firm but they'll also have ample opportunity to blame Harry and his BITCH for the stress caused in sending Phil to his maker in a 'sudden and untimely' death, despite them playing Weekend at Bernie's with him for the last 18 months.

Edited by djchapsticks

3 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Phillip to make the ultimate 'take one for the team' sacrifice and cark it in the next couple of days in a 1-2 sucker punch. Absolute NAP.

Not only will his selflessness divert much needed sympathy to The Firm but they'll also have ample opportunity to blame Harry and his BITCH for the stress caused in sending Phil to his maker in a 'sudden and untimely' death, despite them playing Weekend at Bernie's with him for the last 18 months.

There's his funeral and the unveiling of Diana's statue, both could get more awkward than me and @D.A.F.CMeeting in a lift.

@D.A.F.CI've not been able to find the posts you mentioned, can you be more specific?