Royal Family Crisis

Mrs & I were on our first holiday together to Gran Canaria when Di was murdered...sorry died. We were actually half asleep in the departure lounge thanks to a 7 hr delay when the crash happened. 

Never been so glad to be abroad in those pre-internet/mobile phone days as we missed all the nonsense at home. The only way you could follow things was the day old newspapers. 

6 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

“Queen, 94, in emergency talks”

emoji38.png

Imagine this dispute was a P&B thread, Harry would be lording it up with multiple “^^seething” and “still, at least you’re taking it well” amidst a fusilade of caps lock rage-posts from the rest of the Royal Family.

Div would have to take to twitter in the morning to explain why he’d banned the Queen.

Was fortunate enough to be heading to the airport for a week or two in Magaluf when my old man told me “Di’s deid and Dodi’s deid”. Was really looking forward to watching the Scotland game in a bar somewhere too. 

8 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

James I of Scotland, 1437. Some nobles stabbed him in Perth for not celebrating St Johnstone's League cup win 

😂

My experience of that time was similar - absolute prime of life, mid 20s, no ties. I was playing in a band at Teviot Union the night it happened. I was trying to extract myself from a relationship at the time which I did the next morning and it was all a bit surreal and hungover with the news. Didn’t realise that U2 concert around then - I was there too. Seahorses were shite considering Squires’ legendary status. I remember being raging about the Belarus game, was possibly David Hopkins’ sliding doors moment.
I've just realised Spearhead and Belly supported REM at Murrayfield in 1995. Also the Cranberries. Shirehorses was U2. Mixing the two nights up.

The massive lemon on a toothpick should have been the giveaway for U2!

2 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Ahh too late.

Mrs Par thought the number after the player’s name on Soccer Saturday when they score a goal was their age. 

Blair Alston kept himself in good nick:

5139DC0D-0585-4C3D-9AE5-8DCBB04DFF4A.png

Just now, Shandon Par Decorator said:

Mrs Par thought the number after the player’s name on Soccer Saturday when they score a goal was their age. 

Blair Alston kept himself in good nick:

5139DC0D-0585-4C3D-9AE5-8DCBB04DFF4A.png

My mate messaged his wife that we'd beat France 1-0 with a Faddy wondergoal and for years she thought we had a player called Faddy Wondergoal.

4 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

Driving out of of the gates at Buckingham palace, window down to talk to reporters.

image.jpeg.13ad1d93c8103e282a8e1892c33f979c.jpeg

Yeah, we got the Lad Duke of Huescar and ‘is missus coming in until the end of the season. I’ve eard good fings about em and reckon they can do a job.

image.thumb.jpeg.3860190797ab7be13a2e8e427b9d1faa.jpeg

Edited by Shandon Par Decorator

23 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

any other famous Regicides?

Cersei Baratheon conspired to kill her husband Robert and install her son on the throne.  Turns out he was the offspring of an incestious relationship with her twin brother.

There was a lot of TV coverage.

6 minutes ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

I've just realised Spearhead and Belly supported REM at Murrayfield in 1995. Also the Cranberries. Shirehorses was U2. Mixing the two nights up.

The massive lemon on a toothpick should have been the giveaway for U2!

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12294390.u2-criticised-for-holding-murrayfield-concert/

Would have loved to see the Shirehorses supporting U2! Seahorses were shite though. Happy days.