Royal Family Crisis

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

It is a serious question. She was indeed a minor actor in a successful TV show (hardly a household name), and apparently it was suggested to her that she keep acting but she said no. She could do that now, with her profile as it is a movie or two would see them sorted for life. 

She was certainly a minor actor before appearing in Suits, yes. From that point onwards, after appearing in every single episode of such a well-known US television series before eventually choosing to leave, it would be inaccurate to describe her as 'minor' anymore. She was earning roughly 500k a year.

Yes, she certainly could do that now. And I'm sure she will if she feels the need or desire to. I'm honestly not sure what you're trying to say. They've recently partnered with Spotify in a deal worth $25m and Netflix in a deal worth £75m. They are absolutely loaded and can do whatever they please if they want even more. I didn't perceive Harry to be 'complaining' whatsoever in regards to their financial situation.

I presume their reason for giving the Oprah interview, considering the fact that they were paid nothing for it, was because they felt suffocated by being a part of that institution, without being able to speak their truth and repeatedly reading false stories in the British media which gradually impacted upon their mental health. I say fair play to them.

Edited by The Real Saints

3 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

There was no payment for the Oprah interview. They made this clear at the start.

It was stressed that no payment went to MM but they conveniently forgot to clarify anything when Harry went on.

I try not to follow the Royal Family's goings on but it's hard to avoid a lot of the time. So for what it's worth, my observations from afar.

MM was a D list actress, aware that her career had almost certainly peaked. She loves the idea of celebrity however, and the fame and attention that goes with it. So she set her sights on the BRF's spare and because "What Megan wants Megan gets" the nuptials followed shortly after. MM worked hard to model herself after the People's Princess and made sure she was portrayed as the outsider, the rebel, the race victim, the paparazzi target. Oh poor Megan.

The problem was, she was up against the BRF, a mob-styled organisation who are way better at this game than she is. Not only did that have no patience for her nonsense, they even expected her to work for her money. AND she was in direct competition with Kate, who not only followed the script but was popular too. The horror, the horror.

So MM announces that she's upping sticks and heading back to the homeland where she can bask in her fame and make a fortune off her royal connections without having to do anything which could be mistaken for work. "We'll be financially independent" was the cry until Betty gave them a firm reminder that the purse strings were tied shut and they better hadn't think about tying themselves to the word "royal". Further, other than Hen's family, which they'd publicly renounced, they didn't really have anything on which to market themselves. Limited skills, no work ethic, no appreciation for how non-famous people live.

She's continued to push the Diana connection of course. Poor Harry lost his mother at an early age. Just like me, she was hounded by the press. We're so alike. People loved her so they should love me. By the way, I'll be walking the dog with the baby at 3pm and you're welcome to take photographs. I'll smile coyly until you have enough copy, then I'll scowl and claim harassment. The difference being that Diana knew exactly how to play that game while Megan is out of her depth. 

So, where's the money going to come from? Netflix have ponied up, as have Spotify but that's not going to last very long. Not with the cost of of the lifestyle to which they're accustomed. Unbelievably, they aren't getting paid for the job they quit and before too long, her star will fade and she'll simply be somebody who used to be famous. What to do, what to do, what to do?

Manufacture a scandal, that's what. Corral a friendly talk show host and make sure she's portrayed as a martyr. 

As for Harry...that clueless little dishrag just does whatever she tells him. 

I try not to follow the Royal Family's goings on but it's hard to avoid a lot of the time. So for what it's worth, my observations from afar.
MM was a D list actress, aware that her career had almost certainly peaked. She loves the idea of celebrity however, and the fame and attention that goes with it. So she set her sights on the BRF's spare and because "What Megan wants Megan gets" the nuptials followed shortly after. MM worked hard to model herself after the People's Princess and made sure she was portrayed as the outsider, the rebel, the race victim, the paparazzi target. Oh poor Megan.
The problem was, she was up against the BRF, a mob-styled organisation who are way better at this game than she is. Not only did that have no patience for her nonsense, they even expected her to work for her money. AND she was in direct competition with Kate, who not only followed the script but was popular too. The horror, the horror.
So MM announces that she's upping sticks and heading back to the homeland where she can bask in her fame and make a fortune off her royal connections without having to do anything which could be mistaken for work. "We'll be financially independent" was the cry until Betty gave them a firm reminder that the purse strings were tied shut and they better hadn't think about tying themselves to the word "royal". Further, other than Hen's family, which they'd publicly renounced, they didn't really have anything on which to market themselves. Limited skills, no work ethic, no appreciation for how non-famous people live.
She's continued to push the Diana connection of course. Poor Harry lost his mother at an early age. Just like me, she was hounded by the press. We're so alike. People loved her so they should love me. By the way, I'll be walking the dog with the baby at 3pm and you're welcome to take photographs. I'll smile coyly until you have enough copy, then I'll scowl and claim harassment. The difference being that Diana knew exactly how to play that game while Megan is out of her depth. 
So, where's the money going to come from? Netflix have ponied up, as have Spotify but that's not going to last very long. Not with the cost of of the lifestyle to which they're accustomed. Unbelievably, they aren't getting paid for the job they quit and before too long, her star will fade and she'll simply be somebody who used to be famous. What to do, what to do, what to do?
Manufacture a scandal, that's what. Corral a friendly talk show host and make sure she's portrayed as a martyr. 
OK boomer.

6 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

OK boomer.

😅 If my old lad had just kept it in his pants for another 16 months, I wouldn't have to be tagged with the 'Boomer' epithet. Sadly, I'm guilty as charged.

That said, I'm anti-Royalist AND anti-Meghan Markle. Is that really a typical Boomer stance?

Edited by Shotgun

6 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

Pretty accurate analysis, imo.

Particularly from someone who "tries not to follow the Royals"...

3 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Pretty accurate analysis, imo.

Particularly from someone who "tries not to follow the Royals"...

OK, I'll confess to the guilty pleasure of paying more attention when the juicy stuff is going on.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I genuinely have no idea how anyone can have a problem with Meghan Markle in this whole saga. Utterly fucking baffled by it.

She has done absolutely nothing wrong at any point

She is however a master of PR as anyone with her experience has to be. She can play the media for the fools they are far better than the Royals can.

5 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

They could corner the market in 'Shakespeare in a Chopper'. Megan could do the acting and Harry could fly the helicopter.

Suggest it to Netflix and they'd probably commission it.

Nah, think they are going with Monkey Tennis this time round....keep coming up with ideas though.

Is this a serious question? Are you aware that Meghan Markle was already a well-known and successful actress prior to meeting Harry?

She was a relatively successful actresses but not exactly a huge name however she’s also nearly 40 and US TV / Movies aren’t kind on women as they get older. There’s a good chance potential roles will start to dry up. She’s clearly not stupid as Marrying Harry has kept her profile high. If she does decide to go back to acting she’ll get far more roles now than she would have as Meghan Markle ex Suits actress.

9 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

I agree with@Bairnardo. Milk them dry, when the money is low, prostitute the 'the name of the racist exclusive' to world media for the highest sum. She'd get millions and Harry will be silent as she rips his father or William apart.

His father is a carer for his own mother  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-9358065/Princess-Dianas-lover-James-Hewitt-dons-British-army-tie-pops-shops.html

If such a thing exists, then his step-brother William is the "decent" one in the nest of privileged, sponging vipers that they are.

This American actress bint is calling all the shots and the race card will always be produced when their collective star is (more) waning.

16 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

She was certainly a minor actor before appearing in Suits, yes. From that point onwards, after appearing in every single episode of such a well-known US television series before eventually choosing to leave, it would be inaccurate to describe her as 'minor' anymore. She was earning roughly 500k a year.

Yes, she certainly could do that now. And I'm sure she will if she feels the need or desire to. I'm honestly not sure what you're trying to say. They've recently partnered with Spotify in a deal worth $25m and Netflix in a deal worth £75m. They are absolutely loaded and can do whatever they please if they want even more. I didn't perceive Harry to be 'complaining' whatsoever in regards to their financial situation.

I presume their reason for giving the Oprah interview, considering the fact that they were paid nothing for it, was because they felt suffocated by being a part of that institution, without being able to speak their truth and repeatedly reading false stories in the British media which gradually impacted upon their mental health. I say fair play to them.

😂

Go to counselling, the idea that you feel suffocated over family issues and think the best way to go about this is to reveal "their truth" in a tell all interview with Oprah Winfrey is quite frankly laughable birthday caird pish imo. 

They're not being paid to do the interview.... that interview was worth far more to them than a singular pay check so I think it's fair to say they'll be reaping the rewards. 

Why anyone has sympathy for any character involved in this baffles me. 

"I had to sign Spotify and Netflix deals to pay for my security since my dad cut me off" - Woe is fucking me, I feel so bad, can you imagine being forced into signing multi million pound deals to pay for your security? That's some heart breaking sob story..

Edited by Stormzy

1 hour ago, Stormzy said:

😂

Go to counselling, the idea that you feel suffocated over family issues and think the best way to go about this is to reveal "their truth" in a tell all interview with Oprah Winfrey is quite frankly laughable birthday caird pish imo. 

They're not being paid to do the interview.... that interview was worth far more to them than a singular pay check so I think it's fair to say they'll be reaping the rewards. 

Why anyone has sympathy for any character involved in this baffles me. 

"I had to sign Spotify and Netflix deals to pay for my security since my dad cut me off" - Woe is fucking me, I feel so bad, can you imagine being forced into signing multi million pound deals to pay for your security? That's some heart breaking sob story..

Comes back to my question from before: what was the point of the interview? Why go on international TV and trash the family? What benefit is there? 

Money. They maybe didn't get a fee from Oprah Winfrey's company but I'd bet they got a pay day (advertisers maybe).

9 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Comes back to my question from before: what was the point of the interview? Why go on international TV and trash the family? What benefit is there? 

Money. They maybe didn't get a fee from Oprah Winfrey's company but I'd bet they got a pay day (advertisers maybe).

Good on them if it was for money, they probably made a shitload from it.

11 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

"Leading a superficial celebrity lifestyle means you can't complain about being emotionally abused,  to the point of considering suicide!!!11!!".

Some utterly stinking examples of misogyny on this thread.

I disagree. If she needs help I hope she gets it. Same for anyone - and she's not the first person to not get along with the in-laws and this can have a detrimental effect on mental wellbeing. It's the stage that I question - the big interview, the massive publicity, worldwide trashing of the royal family, etc.

7 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I disagree. If she needs help I hope she gets it. Same for anyone - and she's not the first person to not get along with the in-laws and this can have a detrimental effect on mental wellbeing. It's the stage that I question - the big interview, the massive publicity, worldwide trashing of the royal family, etc.

I’m struggling to see how it’s a bad thing that she has told the world that the Royal Family are a bunch of racists.

28 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

I’m struggling to see how it’s a bad thing that she has told the world that the Royal Family are a bunch of racists.

It's not. The problem is that there were some "inconsistencies" in there. Like when she said she hadn't researched anything about Harry's background. The racism is the least surprising part of the whole thing. Where it gets outrageous is that this is seen as more damaging than Andy the beast. Mind blowing.

Edited by jimbaxters