Royal Family Crisis

1 hour ago, Stormzy said:

Aye that's the one, as I said about three posts ago we clearly disagree on who came out looking better. You think I've misrepresented the video I think you have. I think Greer can "go take a f**k to himself" whatever that even means. 

He's not a historian btw, that was my mistake based on recollection, he's just a basic Tory, think he has a military background. 

No hes not, but i have studied that period of history quite well at uni, albeit not to the same level as virginton etc and feel quite confident in the indicators being that Churchill was a bigoted c**t. 

Edited by Inanimate Carbon Rod

Just now, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

No hes not, but i have studied that period of history quite well at uni, albeit not to the same level as virginton etc and feel quite confident in the indicators being that Churchill was a bigoted c**t. 

Did you do a history degree or was it a section on a separate degree? 

You're well within your right to believe that, it's put slightly more succinctly than Ross Greer I must say. 

29 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

You're well within your right to believe that, it's put slightly more succinctly than Ross Greer I must say. 

Sadly yes ive got a pretty pointless history degree, mostly around british imperialism, bit of japanese history and 1900-1950’s political and social history here and in the US. Some of the stuff Churchill got up to would make Boris Johnson look like a caring compassionate man of the people. 

7 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

You really have to say fair play to the royals PR team for this.

Looking forward to Prince Andrew visiting a primary school next.

Not gonna lie i stole the essence of your post and responded to the tweet in the hope i’d cause a heads gone amongst the stand out side hospitals and wave plastic babies dressed like an explosion in a flag factory community.

Quite stunned by the idea that bloated seething Fleet Street hack Piers Morgan thought he had a chance with a glamorous American TV starlet more than fifteen years his junior.

At least Chris Rock had something going for him when he tried to winch Rihanna.

53 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Sadly yes ive got a pretty pointless history degree, mostly around british imperialism, bit of japanese history and 1900-1950’s political and social history here and in the US. Some of the stuff Churchill got up to would make Boris Johnson look like a caring compassionate man of the people. 

That's cool, I've always enjoyed history and have often considered doing a course but I reckon I've left it a tad late for something that probably wouldn't lead to a job. 

Of course they would, I'm not one to deny negative things historical figures have done.

Anyway bit off topic now. 

18 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Well i mean kinda aye? Dont get me wrong im no Richard Finlay. (Who on the topic of appointing a president as discussed previously, is the natural choice for lifetime supreme leader of Scotland post indy).

Bit of a whoosh here, although it's an in-joke tbf.  ;)

Eta: Found the relevant quotes for a fun game of Guess the Poster:

"Speaking as a qualified historian, your question is an absurd one on multiple points..."

"The sole reason why I referred to myself as a 'qualified historian' was because Bairnardo was beginning to depict historical academia as being a hivemind consisting of a single 'mainstream' argument running against 'alternatives' such as conspiracy theories and, the topic of debate at that time in the thread, holocaust denial. It is therefore relevant to cite my contribution as that of a qualified historian because that involves being trained in the field's research methodology as well as spending an inordinate amount of time studying and condensing how history is actually written (historiography)."

Edited by Hedgecutter

4 hours ago, Stormzy said:

He's not a historian btw, that was my mistake based on recollection, he's just a basic Tory, think he has a military background. 

2 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

No hes not, but i have studied that period of history quite well at uni, albeit not to the same level as virginton etc and feel quite confident in the indicators being that Churchill was a bigoted c**t. 

2 hours ago, Stormzy said:

That Tory might not be a historian but he's doing the same thing that I found most Tory historians do which is trying to preserve an outdated and ahistorical image that favours their heroes and denounces their villains. If you ever do a degree just attack Tory historians if you want an easy time because they're usually pushing poorly developed arguments. Some of my fave seminars were spent attacking Niall Ferguson for example.