Royal Family Crisis

1 minute ago, AmericanFan said:

One can only keep up with so much, haha.

Hopefully Alloa can make a late-season run for you to avoid relegation (not that that would be horrible since they're part-time (I think that's the phrase?).

So long as we can make a good fist of it. Nobody wants to go down without a fight.

Who did you settle on to support in Scotland, by the way?

Just now, AmericanFan said:

But aren't Alloa players part-time as opposed to say Ayr United or ICT players that are full-time?

Aye, most of them have day jobs. Plumbers, joiners, doctors, lawyers, Indian Chiefs.

Although I don't think we've had any of the last one yet.

2 minutes ago, AmericanFan said:

But aren't Alloa players part-time as opposed to say Ayr United or ICT players that are full-time?

Aye, you probably know more about Ayr than me. 

12 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Similarly, I think there's a bit of a historical hole here with regard to Britain's role in America, probably because we lost  :lol:

I was a bit confused when people would (good-naturedly) try to wind me up by saying something like "...since we kicked you guys out!", but I got the hang of it eventually. We should definitely adopt that with the other UK nations if we ever get independence.

Exactly this. I was in Boston last year and went up some tall towery thing with views over the city. There were little information boards saying things like "The British rode over the hill there" and "The Americans drove the British into the river here" and I had a lightbulb moment, like, "Holy shit. That was us".

2 hours ago, Shandon Par Decorator said:

Jeremy Clarkson punched Piers Morgan in the face at a party once. That must have been one of the most satisfying feelings...... in the world.

Would have been even better if they'd ended up leathering lumps out of each other resulting in hospitalisations and permanent damage to both parties imo

Great to see all the usual tawdry gong-chasing arseholes shouting loudest to defend auld Lizzie and her family of Clampetts.  Was it not a rower recently, who obviously hadn't got enough olympic medals a la Pinsent, Redgrave & Hoy, who was touting a "clap for the queen" doorstep challenge ??  All that's missing for me to complete the set is a "heartfelt" message of support from wee David Mundell to see if he can finally secure his ermine robe that he's craved and prostituted himself for over the last few years.

Watch this space.

43 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

No, not at all. Just this and the narcissist thread. 

I don't think this was in the fitness thread. Starting to think coronavirus.

The other thread was deleted by myself. I realise that it's intended as a joke but I uses it to show the extreme double standards online.

This was imo an extreme example and after reporting it I received zero feedback. You didn't quote me or mention my name but the post was directly under mine with that picture and my gut reaction was one of shock. I'm not really that offended by things but possibly due to taking about things on the depression thread I've assumed something much darker and devious than what it was. Even so regardless it was in poor taste and an example of the double standards I'm on about. People care but do they really when theres threads like heads gone, constant trolling and victim blaming changing default names to virginton etc. Its not exactly the end of the world but just examples of double standards that we are all guilty of.

I have no grudge or grievance with you because of it so I hope you understand why I used it as an example. It would have been better to find it first but I didn't think I would have needed to defend myself so much. Its already been denied that it happened, called all sorts of insults yet I was told to hang myself. Even as a joke that's unacceptable.

This has progressed from an accusation of direct abuse towards you, to a complaint about a post that I didn't quote or mention you. I've made a comment about gym equipment resemblance to gallows.

I'm a very occasional visitor to the fitness thread and couldn't find it there. Finding it in the Corona virus thread won't be easy. The forum is loosely moderated, but I'd have expected a quiet word regarding such a specific complaint, even if it wasn't relayed to you.I

I'll see what I can find.

@Sergeant Wilson

Well if I posted a picture up and you responded underneath who was it aimed at? 

Were you just saying that it looked like gallows but in a sarcastic way? That seems different to how I interpreted it.

Without finding it I guess it's hard to say, I was surprised by it and it seemed extra full on. I get that there's dark humour but again let me stress the point that this was used as an example of double standards rather than it actually causing me major stress or harm. If admin had contacted you then you could have explained it and solved the problem but as I said it seems like nothing was done. 

If I do quote something or use something in the future then I will be sure to screengrab beforehand.

As you can see that I remembered a garage then found the same pic in my files so it obviously wasn't made up.

Edited by D.A.F.C

1 hour ago, Stormzy said:

Is "dismantled" some red flag word on this site or something here? What have I missed..

I can't recall speaking to you before but you can describe my posting how you see fit. 

I don't think "dismantle" is any way a red flag - the reaction is no doubt to your use of the word not being in any way applicable to the events which actually took place. Maybe you remembered the exchange as you wished it had played out. 

Whether you have "spoken" to me or not, it doesn't mean that I can't read various exchanges on this forum. Or are you suggesting that you are some board royalty (in keeping with this thread) that needs to  extend permission to anyone who wishes to comment on their posts? 😀

23 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

@Sergeant Wilson

Well if I posted a picture up and you responded underneath who was it aimed at? 

Were you just saying that it looked like gallows but in a sarcastic way? That seems different to how I interpreted it.

Without finding it I guess it's hard to say, I was surprised by it and it seemed extra full on. I get that there's dark humour but again let me stress the point that this was used as an example of double standards rather than it actually causing me major stress or harm. If admin had contacted you then you could have explained it and solved the problem but as I said it seems like nothing was done. 

If I do quote something or use something in the future then I will be sure to screengrab beforehand.

As you can see that I remembered a garage then found the same pic in my files so it obviously wasn't made up.

Any chance you can take this spat offline - it may surprise you but the vast majortiy will have absolutely no interest in this nonsense (although I have to admit that is somewhat ironic me posting this on a thread about the Royal Family)

25 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

I don't think "dismantle" is any way a red flag - the reaction is no doubt to your use of the word not being in any way applicable to the events which actually took place. Maybe you remembered the exchange as you wished it had played out. 

Whether you have "spoken" to me or not, it doesn't mean that I can't read various exchanges on this forum. Or are you suggesting that you are some board royalty (in keeping with this thread) that needs to  extend permission to anyone who wishes to comment on their posts? 😀

They're just as applicable as the words in the Tweet that you didn't take issue with, perhaps we just disagree on who came out of the video looking worse than who. 

Not at all, why you're so snarky over this is baffling as I said I'm unfamiliar with yourself and I find it strange to face hostility from people I'm not familiar with, I'm presuming you've read something I said at some point and have remembered this and clearly taken it to heart so errm sorry for that I suppose. 

23 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

Any chance you can take this spat offline - it may surprise you but the vast majortiy will have absolutely no interest in this nonsense (although I have to admit that is somewhat ironic me posting this on a thread about the Royal Family)

Speak for yourself! The Par taking on the Sarge, The Saint, The Bairns etc beats reading about/watching the Royal halfwits.