Royal Family Crisis

4 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Stormzy taking the term "edgelord" to a new level here.

Edgelord for thinking Ross Greer got embarrassed on historical matters by someone? 

Okay MnM. 

Edited by Stormzy
👀

6 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

"Dismantled" no doubt in the same way you probably feel you have "dismantled" many opposite opinions when you finish on P&B each day.....

Is "dismantled" some red flag word on this site or something here? What have I missed..

I can't recall speaking to you before but you can describe my posting how you see fit. 

3 minutes ago, Pato said:

It's a wee bit adjacent to those youtube videos where right wing people DESTROY left wing people in debates.

Aye I thought that might be what he was going at but would you level the same allegations at the NTP post?? 

Not what NTP said but the Tweet linked had much more of an edgelord caption than me using "dismantled" - which is arguably a fair word to use when debating specific points.

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

Probably depends on which part of the country too. Are you east coast? I was in the south-west, which is probably far enough from anywhere involved in the war of independence that perhaps generations have grown up with more of a fanciful view of monarchy. But that might be reading a lot into it. I know through family that there were people taking the day off work so they could stay up to watch Prince William get married. Mental stuff; it's bad enough that they gave everyone the day off here  :lol:

The main role of the Royals is to visit places and ask people what they do for a living. I think it's maybe some government thing to monitor levels of employment. Maybe the closest American equivalent would be the First Lady? Doesn't do anything and has people travel from all over the world to stare at her house, but is expected to hang around, dress smartly, and make sympathetic noises about topical issues. Only imagine if she also made billions from owning large tracts of land, looked utterly fucking miserable at all times, and ate out of ancient Bakelite containers rather than buy replacement plates.

Currently Texas, but grew up in the Midwest. Not much talk of the Royal Family in either place, and our knowledge of British history in general outside of what we call the Revolutionary War and the War of 1812 is not good. I have some second cousins that spent the first 10-12 years of their lives in London, and that family pays attention to things over there, but they're about the only ones I know that would know much about the Royals.

Good analogy with the First Lady.

Incredibly shocked that it's Rangers fans who are getting butthurt in a thread about the Royal Family getting called out for how racist they are.

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

Incredibly shocked that it's Rangers fans who are getting butthurt in a thread about the Royal Family getting called out for how racist they are.

DAFC is not a Rangers fan funnily enough. 

10 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

And I've likened this to gallows in an exercise thread? I'll see what I can find.

Are you also attributing the other criticisms made of you specifically to me?

No, not at all. Just this and the narcissist thread. 

I don't think this was in the fitness thread. Starting to think coronavirus.

The other thread was deleted by myself. I realise that it's intended as a joke but I uses it to show the extreme double standards online.

This was imo an extreme example and after reporting it I received zero feedback. You didn't quote me or mention my name but the post was directly under mine with that picture and my gut reaction was one of shock. I'm not really that offended by things but possibly due to taking about things on the depression thread I've assumed something much darker and devious than what it was. Even so regardless it was in poor taste and an example of the double standards I'm on about. People care but do they really when theres threads like heads gone, constant trolling and victim blaming changing default names to virginton etc. Its not exactly the end of the world but just examples of double standards that we are all guilty of.

I have no grudge or grievance with you because of it so I hope you understand why I used it as an example. It would have been better to find it first but I didn't think I would have needed to defend myself so much. Its already been denied that it happened, called all sorts of insults yet I was told to hang myself. Even as a joke that's unacceptable.

I dunno I'm probably not the best person to comment as I find everything bad that happens to Piers Morgan extremely funny.

Are you meaning the honey glazed gammon thing? cus...

Let men be damn men! – Sublime clip-clops

So do I but I can still recognise the wording in the tweet to be similar if not worse than using the word "dismantled" in the context of being described as an edgelord... 

I'm sure you can too but I understand why you're not going to say as much. 

Oh of course he has a pink skin complexion as do 99% of the posters on here I'd imagine. Maybe even veering straight past pink to go to the Alan Brazil red lobster 

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

Piers Morgan making a tit of himself? Any excuse to post it again - 

What wording though? The gammon thing?

"Easy target"

"Hilariously got his ass handed to him"

"Exposed"

"Fragile man-child"

"Dismantled"

Spot the difference. 

Edited by Stormzy

3 minutes ago, AmericanFan said:

Currently Texas, but grew up in the Midwest. Not much talk of the Royal Family in either place, and our knowledge of British history in general outside of what we call the Revolutionary War and the War of 1812 is not good. I have some second cousins that spent the first 10-12 years of their lives in London, and that family pays attention to things over there, but they're about the only ones I know that would know much about the Royals.

Good analogy with the First Lady.

Similarly, I think there's a bit of a historical hole here with regard to Britain's role in America, probably because we lost  :lol:

I was a bit confused when people would (good-naturedly) try to wind me up by saying something like "...since we kicked you guys out!", but I got the hang of it eventually. We should definitely adopt that with the other UK nations if we ever get independence.

2 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Similarly, I think there's a bit of a historical hole here with regard to Britain's role in America, probably because we lost  :lol:

I was a bit confused when people would (good-naturedly) try to wind me up by saying something like "...since we kicked you guys out!", but I got the hang of it eventually. We should definitely adopt that with the other UK nations if we ever get independence.

One can only keep up with so much, haha.

Hopefully Alloa can make a late-season run for you to avoid relegation (not that that would be horrible since they're part-time (I think that's the phrase?).

1 minute ago, AmericanFan said:

One can only keep up with so much, haha.

Hopefully Alloa can make a late-season run for you to avoid relegation (not that that would be horrible since they're part-time (I think that's the phrase?).

It's "diddies". 

I'm presuming all the age stuff is because we're supposed to read it and think, "she's old! The ungrateful brats should have more respect! She shouldn't be having to deal with this at her age!"

Well, she could fucking retire, for one thing.