Royal Family Crisis

2 minutes ago, AmericanFan said:

tenor-1.gif.b6f2ba2c14a80d45a634bf6bd674c6f0.gif

Actually, most people over here don't give a shit or really know that much about the British Royals. 

That was kind of my point, although I presume you're meaning that nobody in the US gives a shit about the trappings surrounding them, which...hasn't been my experience, shall we say.

1 minute ago, Day of the Lords said:

f**k's sakes 😂

I'm still not 100% sure tbh. 

image.png.4176c7ca6b627e70a9bc86b9e4550395.png

It was a picture of this but it was beside a garage. I assumed it was in the fitness thread. When you do a goggle search it's there but when clicking on that link it isn't. I dont know why.

Screenshot_20210309-085354_Chrome.jpg

1 minute ago, BFTD said:

That was kind of my point, although I presume you're meaning that nobody in the US gives a shit about the trappings surrounding them, which...hasn't been my experience, shall we say.

You'll have to explain trappings.  My point is, the majority of people in the US don't care about the Royals or know much about them. If I went out and started a conversation with a random person about something that was happening in the Royal family, 95 percent of the people would look at me like I have a third eye. I doubt most of the country could tell you who Kate or William are.

7 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

I thought after his “there are too many black people on Match of the Day” line, D.A.F.C. couldn’t sink any lower.

I guess I was wrong. An absolute disgrace of a human being.

You're quoting something I didn't say.

I said that it seems strange that the bbc are now employing more black people after the George floyd and blm issues. I even backed it up with their own policy which states that they are doing this. I never said at any time what they were doing is wrong and that tbh most are a massive improvement on the likes of billy dodds or Derek ferguson.

I get that you're trolling but I have to reply to this because it's a serious allegation

1 hour ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

Andy Goram as well. 

I think there were a few others, Maybe Gary Mccalister but my memory might be playing tricks on me. 

I'm sure it was Fat Sally, Gorman and Billy fucking Dodds. Not only did they refuse to play at the original ko time, they then refused the re-arranged ko as it 'clashed' with her being interred (this part was private and not even on the telly)! All three of them should have, quite simply told, to GTF. The mass hysteria of the time was really something to behold. 

I'm sure it was Fat Sally, Gorman and Billy fucking Dodds. Not only did they refuse to play at the original ko time, they then refused the re-arranged ko as it 'clashed' with her being interred (this part was private and not even on the telly)! All three of them should have, quite simply told, to GTF. The mass hysteria of the time was really something to behold. 

Cue@Jacksgranda highlighting the word mass and making some sort of joke.

2 minutes ago, AmericanFan said:

You'll have to explain trappings.  My point is, the majority of people in the US don't care about the Royals or know much about them. If I went out and started a conversation with a random person about something that was happening in the Royal family, 95 percent of the people would look at me like I have a third eye. I doubt most of the country could tell you who Kate or William are.

I lived in the US for a couple of years, and one of the first things people tended to mention when they realised I was from Britain was the Royals. Quite a few seemed surprised that they don't actually run the country.

By trappings, I mean the castles, parades, pomp and pagentry, and fairytale weddings with commoners marrying hunky princes and living happily ever after (lol). I met a number of impressionable young women who mentioned that they'd love to be swept off their feet by Harry or William.

The whole thing was a bit embarrassing, and made me realise all the more that we need to be rid of them if so many folk from abroad still think this is some fairytale kingdom where unelected mutants rule due to bloodlines and divine right.

20 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

I dont think your comment was aimed at me but it was out of order imo and that's all I said to admin. 

But just yesterday you clearly said that the comment was aimed at you and even used it to back up the claims that you personally are being bullied by such comments. 

That's why SW has correctly taken such umbrage and repeatedly asked you to provide evidence of this. 

What the f**k mate?! 

You're quoting something I didn't say.
I said that it seems strange that the bbc are now employing more black people after the George floyd and blm issues. I even backed it up with their own policy which states that they are doing this. I never said at any time what they were doing is wrong and that tbh most are a massive improvement on the likes of billy dodds or Derek ferguson.
I get that you're trolling but I have to reply to this because it's a serious allegation

Just quoting you the same way as you quoted SW.

1 minute ago, BFTD said:

I lived in the US for a couple of years, and one of the first things people tended to mention when they realised I was from Britain was the Royals. Quite a few seemed surprised that they don't actually run the country.

By trappings, I mean the castles, parades, pomp and pagentry, and fairytale weddings with commoners marrying hunky princes and living happily ever after (lol). I met a number of impressionable young women who mentioned that they'd love to be swept off their feet by Harry or William.

The whole thing was a bit embarrassing, and made me realise all the more that we need to be rid of them if so many folk from abroad still think this is some fairytale kingdom where unelected mutants rule due to bloodlines and divine right.

I guess it depends on the people you run into? I don't know of anyone who would care. Up until a few years ago, I didn't have any idea what the Royal family actually did (and I may still not), but I know they don't run the government.

7 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Tbh I think she’s manipulated Harry away from his family and planned this from before marriage. Will probably by divorced in a few years.

I really wouldn’t have thought that several royal aides and workers would suddenly be part of a major conspiracy to gang up on her. I really don’t like the royal family but I’m calling bullshit on this one. I don’t condone any treatment or deny that they’re racist or horrible but she’s manipulative and cunning and played him like a fiddle.

Something doesn’t sit right, dunno. Previous divorce, issues with her family, selling themselves to America. She’s trying to be the next Diana and Harry has bought it. I get that the media are on the royals side but I’ve not really got involved with it. Find it impossible that if she was really bullied to the point of chucking all that away she could sit there like that. It’s not ignorant it’s based on reality. Believe me reliving incidents is like getting punched in the stomach. You can’t just brush it off like that.

The absolute state of that opening line. Why are you unquestioningly, almost willingly, buying in to right wing tabloid pish?

Your language about her is very uncomfortable stuff. Calling bullshit on her claims because the Daily Mail doesn't like her is absolutely dreadful garbage and genuinely shameful stuff. 'Previous divorce'?! Have a fucking word with yourself. It isn't the 1950s. There are posters on here that are divorced. Are you calling them all liars and questioning their characters? Likewise folk who have fallen out with their families.

Once again you've questioned that she can dare to smile. Please detail the exact behaviours people who have been bullied and have felt suicidal must exhibit. Please provide a list of expressions and behaviours they must never again, ever, exhibit, seeing as we're back to the 'everyone reacts the exact same way' stuff.

Just now, AmericanFan said:

I guess it depends on the people you run into? I don't know of anyone who would care. Up until a few years ago, I didn't have any idea what the Royal family actually did (and I may still not), but I know they don't run the government.

Probably depends on which part of the country too. Are you east coast? I was in the south-west, which is probably far enough from anywhere involved in the war of independence that perhaps generations have grown up with more of a fanciful view of monarchy. But that might be reading a lot into it. I know through family that there were people taking the day off work so they could stay up to watch Prince William get married. Mental stuff; it's bad enough that they gave everyone the day off here  :lol:

The main role of the Royals is to visit places and ask people what they do for a living. I think it's maybe some government thing to monitor levels of employment. Maybe the closest American equivalent would be the First Lady? Doesn't do anything and has people travel from all over the world to stare at her house, but is expected to hang around, dress smartly, and make sympathetic noises about topical issues. Only imagine if she also made billions from owning large tracts of land, looked utterly fucking miserable at all times, and ate out of ancient Bakelite containers rather than buy replacement plates.

21 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

But just yesterday you clearly said that the comment was aimed at you and even used it to back up the claims that you personally are being bullied by such comments. 

That's why SW has correctly taken such umbrage and repeatedly asked you to provide evidence of this. 

What the f**k mate?! 

Admin should have a record of it maybe?

It happened and it was aimed at me, it certainly seemed that way. I can't find the post now.

12 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

No, I was told this by Sergeant Wilson.

Reported to admin, nothing done.

47 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Roughly summer last year. I guess admin removed it.

I dont think your comment was aimed at me but it was out of order imo and that's all I said to admin. That it was a bit much. I'm sure you didn't intend it to read that way and I'm only using it to show the double standards in some posters behavior. I know you like to take the piss but this one was poorly judged. I dont hold any grudges about it.

It still continues, I'm constantly moaning but a hot lassie selling it to the news isn't because we hate the royal family or something. Also stop defending yourself that's not allowed.

Just now, D.A.F.C said:

Admin should have a record of it maybe?

It happened and it was aimed at me, it certainly seemed that way. I can't find the post now.

What the actual f**k?

Edited by Gaz