Royal Family Crisis

The royalist viewpoint on social media is absolutely infuriating. But also, the anti-royalist sentiment of 'Who gives a f**k?' is something which I find confusing. I've seen a fair amount of these comments. Surely this is exactly what anti-royalists should be wanting to see - the sham of an institution finally being shown up publicly for what it is.

6 minutes ago, pawpar said:

Those  protestants up to no good again.

Was hoping someone would post this seeing as he'll probably be the head of the Church of England at some point.  Gold star. 😉

7 hours ago, Detournement said:

f**k Oprah. 

Harry needs to get on Jeremy Kyle and find out once and for all who is Dad really is.

There is also the claim from Mohammed El Fayed that Diana was up the duff with Dodi's baby when she croaked. Given their modern  hostility to brown babies I doubt The Firm would have been happy about the future king having a Muslim sibling back in 1997. 

I can picture it as one of the original South Park episodes.

Who is Harry's father?  Is it Dodi? Is is Hewitt? Is it Charles? Is it the 1983 Denver Broncos? Or is it that Nicholas Witchell who always follows him around?

cartmans-mom-is-a-dirty-slut-picture.jpg.e7ff2a953fe1e268a927c30751651a03.jpg

Edited by Hedgecutter

1 hour ago, Snobot said:

Same. It was pretty funny that they ended up on prime time breakfast when clearly they weren’t remotely suited to it. I still think their 2pm show is the high water mark in radio broadcasting.

Too late. He died in 1963, just in time to play The Countess in “Black Sabbath”, and the palace has been Weekend at Berniesing him since.

213558F9-E3B9-43AC-8EBE-D764582E4CDA.jpeg

3 hours ago, Gaz said:

You really are an absolutely despicable c**t.

Spent 90% of your life on here bitching and moaning about your work but as soon as it's someone else's mental health you're telling them to fucking hang themselves.

This is so much of a whoosh I don’t know where to start. I honestly can’t begin to tell you how much I despise bullying and people who have a go at mental health. All of the things i posted were things said to me on this forum. 
I guess now I can add bully and racist to this as well. Speaking from personal experience I don’t believe Meghan at all, that’s just my personal opinion and I don’t see why I should be attacked over this and wound up and insulted. The post from SW existed but must have been removed from admin. I’m not all that bothered about it now but found it upsetting at the time. If you had spent any time in the depression thread then you would know how much I try to help others and have received help myself. You really are so far off the mark here, genuinely.

If you look through this thread and others you will see that I’m constantly jabbed and trolled about my situation and can’t speak about it anymore. All I did was point out the hypocrisy. I really do think I’m wasting my time trying to explain myself here to someone who seems to have based a judgement on someone based on their football team. Coincidence that you and rugster both support Falkirk I guess.

What really triggered me was seeing the reaction to bullying when it’s not even clear if she was a bully herself. Like some sort of fashionable fad everyone is now an expert and suddenly absolved of any previous ridiculing of people being bullied. Probably the same people who wind up posters and make threads about heads gone. Can’t wait to jump on a bandwagon and tear people down while completely misunderstanding what was said.

16 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

I guess now I can add bully and racist to this as well. Speaking from personal experience I don’t believe Meghan at all, that’s just my personal opinion and I don’t see why I should be attacked over this and wound up and insulted.

Because your take was that someone who was allegedly suicidal wouldn't be on television laughing and smiling which is a wildly dismissive and ignorant take and especially surprising coming from someone who's pretty open about their own mental health problems. Loads of us have known people who've been very outgoing and outwardly on top of the world and yet they've been crippled with depression and suicidal thoughts. It's a mental dismissive take that leads everyone to rightly question where that view comes from. 

16 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

What really triggered me was seeing the reaction to bullying when it’s not even clear if she was a bully herself. Like some sort of fashionable fad everyone is now an expert and suddenly absolved of any previous ridiculing of people being bullied.

Ignoring how convenient the timed leaks of bullying were even if she was a bully that doesn't mean that she's not deserving of sympathy if she has been mistreated by her husband's family and it doesn't dismiss the fact that she's also clearly been targeted by the royals and the full might of their inbred aristocratic journo backers.

Edited by NotThePars

2 hours ago, Shandon Par Decorator said:

Was really looking forward to watching the Scotland game in a bar somewhere too. 

Was that not the game where Ally McCoist went full #staunch and claimed if it went ahead he'd refuse to play?

Also heard James Richardson talking on a podcast a while ago and he relayed a story that there was a Football Italia game that Sunday afternoon and right up until kick off the producers of Channel 4 were frantically phoning asking if there was a chance the game might be postponed! 

Edited by Highland Capital

2 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Because your take was that someone who was allegedly suicidal wouldn't be on television laughing and smiling which is a wildly dismissive and ignorant take and especially surprising coming from someone who's pretty open about their own mental health problems. Loads of us have known people who've been very outgoing and outwardly on top of the world and yet they've been crippled with depression and suicidal thoughts. It's a mental dismissive take that leads everyone to rightly question where that view comes from. 

Ignoring how convenient the timed leaks of bullying were even if she was a bully that doesn't mean that she's not deserving of sympathy if she has been mistreated by her husband's family and it doesn't dismiss the fact that she's also clearly been targeted by the royals and the full might of their inbred aristocratic journo backers.

Tbh I think she’s manipulated Harry away from his family and planned this from before marriage. Will probably by divorced in a few years.

I really wouldn’t have thought that several royal aides and workers would suddenly be part of a major conspiracy to gang up on her. I really don’t like the royal family but I’m calling bullshit on this one. I don’t condone any treatment or deny that they’re racist or horrible but she’s manipulative and cunning and played him like a fiddle.

Something doesn’t sit right, dunno. Previous divorce, issues with her family, selling themselves to America. She’s trying to be the next Diana and Harry has bought it. I get that the media are on the royals side but I’ve not really got involved with it. Find it impossible that if she was really bullied to the point of chucking all that away she could sit there like that. It’s not ignorant it’s based on reality. Believe me reliving incidents is like getting punched in the stomach. You can’t just brush it off like that.

Just now, D.A.F.C said:

Tbh I think she’s manipulated Harry away from his family and planned this from before marriage. Will probably by divorced in a few years.

I really wouldn’t have thought that several royal aides and workers would suddenly be part of a major conspiracy to gang up on her. I really don’t like the royal family but I’m calling bullshit on this one. I don’t condone any treatment or deny that they’re racist or horrible but she’s manipulative and cunning and played him like a fiddle.

Something doesn’t sit right, dunno. Previous divorce, issues with her family, selling themselves to America. She’s trying to be the next Diana and Harry has bought it. I get that the media are on the royals side but I’ve not really got involved with it. Find it impossible that if she was really bullied to the point of chucking all that away she could sit there like that. It’s not ignorant it’s based on reality. Believe me reliving incidents is like getting punched in the stomach. You can’t just brush it off like that.

This is pure misogynistic tabloid brain ma man. Have a good one though.

3 hours ago, mizfit said:

I remember being off school and my mum making me watch it as it was “an important moment in British history.”

I went upstairs and put Thomas the tank engine videos in the VHS and got told off for not watching the news.

I remember my mum sitting crying watching it. I phoned my burd and went down the Duchess Park in search of my hole. Failed btw. Fucking Diana 😡 

2 hours ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

I've just realised Spearhead and Belly supported REM at Murrayfield in 1995. Also the Cranberries. Shirehorses was U2. Mixing the two nights up.

The massive lemon on a toothpick should have been the giveaway for U2!

Thought that. I was at that REM gig to my enteral shame. First stadium outing for me. I was 20.