Royal Family Crisis

Surprised there isn’t a thread about this.

Harry and Meghans Oprah Winfrey interview was aired not long ago in the US and will be beamed in the UK on ITV tonight at 9pm.

Normally I’m absolutely not interested in anything to do with the Royals because I can’t stand them and I hate the media driven frenzy surrounding them. However this interview is being described as “explosive” - some serious claims are being made, the stand out one being: “Meghan says one member of the Royal Family had concerns about how "dark" her son Archie's skin would be.” Ooft. Meghan also saying she felt suicidal and comparisons are being drawn towards the treatment of her and Princess Diana.

It was little surprise to see a “Meghan bad” story being published just before the interview was aired as Buckingham Palace insiders accused her of being a bully. That’s a coincidence isn’t it?

Going to be interesting to see how damaging this might be for the Royal Family in the long run but one things for sure, it’s going to make Daily Express readers/royalist gammons across the country absolutely furious.

I genuinely don't care about the Royal Family either way, but the coverage of Harry and Megan is enough to drive anyone to republicanism. They wanted to leave and did so, yet they're still never out the press with talk of feuds etc and other associated nonsense. Let it go FFS. 

On the interview itself I've seen the cliff notes and so have seen as much as I ever will. It's poor to accuse someone of racism and leave that person unnamed, IMO, although you'd bet the house on old Phil here. 

Absolutely stunned that a ludicrously overprivileged band of inbreds, who are raised to believe they have a divine right to rule over the subhuman masses, would turn out to be quite unpleasant when you get to know them. Fingers crossed that this pops the fairytale bubble that the Americans hold them in, and the monarchy tourism racket suffers.

And aye, there's no doubt it'll have been Chooky making hilarious cracks about Harry having a monkey for a son with the bride that he dragged back from the jungle. What a card; the nation's lovable old rogue.

58 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

“Meghan says one member of the Royal Family had concerns about how "dark" her son Archie's skin would be.”

Never mind that. He could have ended up with ginger hair. 

56 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

It was little surprise to see a “Meghan bad” story being published just before the interview was aired as Buckingham Palace insiders accused her of being a bully. That’s a coincidence isn’t it?

I assume they have very well paid PR and damage limitation people in their employ and the best they can come up with is throw out a bullying accusation in the run up to this interview. They probably thought that in the current climate that might stick.....

I do not know Meghan Markle - I have no idea if she is a bully, she may well be. However looking at the behaviour and demeanour of many of the Royal Family including their past behaviour and outbursts, I would suggest that many of them routinely treat their staff like shit and have done for years. Can you imagine Andrew or Phillip speaking cordially or kindly to someone who his misaligned their slippers?

The fact that not one claim of bullying has come out of the Palace in all these years until very recently and this is apparently down to the behaviour of Meghan Markle - Christ - a PR intern would be embarrassed trying to trot that out in that context. 

And then the response of Royal supports on Twitter, social media and as echoed through the BBC and such like  - for example someone flagged up a Peter Shilton tweet the other day where he suggested an attack on the Queen is an attack on all of us. I know I don't share political or constitutional views with a lot of people in this (UK) country but holy f**k this really shows up how fucked up this Tory induced isolationist island actually is.