Rangers - 55 or 1

Rangers - 55 or 1  

230 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

So my question is, why weren't other clubs that liquidated like Gretna or Airdrieonians, allowed to transfer their license to their "other company?"

I'd also like to point out it's not conspiratorial to suggest the SFA were shitting themselves that Rangers might have to reform as a new club and no longer exist, they were trying to scare fans/clubs at the time into allowing them to retain their top flight status.

I don't know the specifics of either scenario, but its probably fair that being one of the two biggest clubs in the country helped Rangers' case, rightly or wrongly. 

Probably because more people cared (emotionally and financially) about trying to ensure the club continued. 

Just now, CCB19035 said:

When I'm calling Rangers fans cultish, I'm not saying so because they are football fans like everyone else, because generally, they aren't like everyone else, they have certain affinities, beliefs, POV's that all come from following the club, largely about things nothing to do with 22 men kicking a ball around on a Saturday. 

tfw you don't actually know any rangers fans, but you've read about some online

1 minute ago, CCB19035 said:

I have no idea what point you're driving at? What specifically makes this place a cult? 

When I'm calling Rangers fans cultish, I'm not saying so because they are football fans like everyone else, because generally, they aren't like everyone else, they have certain affinities, beliefs, POV's that all come from following the club, largely about things nothing to do with 22 men kicking a ball around on a Saturday. 

Critically think, you wee *** idiot. 

morelos.jpg

Just now, CCB19035 said:

So it's not a conspiracy, but Celtic helped Rangers to maintain their playing license, probably wrongly?

Why do you think that might be? They are codependent? 

Everyone outside the Glasgow fishbowl can see it for what it is. 

Not sure where I suggested Celtic helped in any way.

My comment was that it's not a conspiracy that people are putting together to pretend Rangers are the same club. Rangers are the same club, because of the events following 2012.

You can agree or disagree with that being the right thing to happen at the time. But it did happen, Rangers are here - and we just won the league! I'm delighted. 

Unfortunately I know tens and tens of Rangers fans. 

There are exceptions to the rule of course, but you're clearly one of these that pretends your fan base is entirely normal. Fair play, I'd struggle to rationalise my support for a club like yours.

you should know better then.

the idea that in order to be a rangers fan, you have to have certain "affinities" or "beliefs" is, quite frankly, laughable. the vast majority of rangers fans are boring centrists that float somewhere between snp, tory, labour and lib dem. some are unionists, some are nationalists.

i remember gersnet once ran polls on this to prove it. they found that 30% of the support would vote snp, 29% would vote labour and 23% would vote tory.

do us all a favour and stop showing your arse the morning after the greatest title win in sports entertainment history.

Officially its 55, morally you could say its the first. I say officially as the SPFL, SFA, UEFA and FIFA have them as the same club. I know most people look upon them as corrupt, but they are still the official licensed bodies within Scotland, Europe and the World.

Only a Rangers fan could cite gersnet as a source. Laughable, but unsurprising. 

I agree with you, the idea that a Rangers fan has to have certain beliefs or they feel like they have to support certain organisations behind their football club, is very, very much a laughable thing. 

I mean, if you look behind the goals at Ibrox this season you'll see heaps and heaps of Scottish flags amongst the Union Jacks, right? Representative of the strong support for independence in the fan base. 

Do me a favour. 

here lies the inherent contradiction at the heart of the two stereotypes about rangers supporters: fans are simultaneously shallow part-time glory hunters who treat football like a tv show, and also an enormous monolith with a single-minded view of what the world should look like, deeply devoted to that cause.

go and poll the rangers fans you know and i guarantee you will find an exceptionally boring collection of political views. loads of straight down the middle, meat and two veg types. thinking about this for longer than two seconds will make you realise why it's complete idiocy to think that certain "affinities" and "beliefs" are required of rangers fans when the fanbase has it's highest concentration in the city that shows the most support for independence and the snp.

ps: on the supporters flags, that's an incredible mystery. why do you think all the dutch and french flags are there too? is it representative of the strong support for the french and dutch empires? it simply must be.

Just now, Lothiangamer said:

Officially its 55, morally you could say its the first. I say officially as the SPFL, SFA, UEFA and FIFA have them as the same club. I know most people look upon them as corrupt, but they are still the official licensed bodies within Scotland, Europe and the World.

That is the crux of the matter.  The parent company that held the license is no more as of 2012, a matter of public record and visible to all at Companies House, but they managed to shelp the license to another company and effectively carry on as normal, shedding tens of millions in debt in the process.  Nice work if you can get it.

12 hours ago, HibsFan said:

My stance since 2012 hasn't changed: if you're using the "sevco", "first title", "new club" patter and, in the process of doing so, getting angrier than the h*n(s) you're intending to wind up with said patter, you've fucked it.

What if you're using it in a casual manner, not getting wound up by it and simply enjoying the journey?

Edit: Although having now read the thread I can see that there's still a lot of anger out there. It's not healthy lads.

Edited by Pull My Strings

That ccb guy isn't too happy,  is he.....

Only problem is that it hurts when I laugh (kind of got puggled last night), so can you refrain from the angry posts for a wee while until I recover.

Liquidation - "walking away" from your debts, whether it be to Her Majesty's Revenue, the Ambulance Service or the face-painting lady has consequences.

If it didn't - everyone would do it.

We all know that and the media knows that - but it simply doesn't suit their agenda to admit it.

Maybe now the whole '10 in a row' bollocks is over, from an admittedly very impressive on-park performance (albeit in a fkin awful league given we're still 4th) - then there can hopefully be an acceptance of the facts that history has dealt.

8 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

I don't think they are required, I actually think the opposite. 

What I do know is 99% of the rangers fans I know are flag shaggers, and they don't know why. 

The lengths you'll go to in an attempt to explain away the fact that most Rangers fans have an affinity to various causes outwith football, because of the team they support, is laughable. 

Im not stupid, I know not every single rangers fan is a far right munter. What I do know is, they are almost always staunch unionists. Why is that? 

Edit: re the supporters flags. f**k off and do me a favour. I get the sense your political leanings aren't what's expected of you as a Rainjulz man, so you've tried your very best to do mental gymnastics to excuse the facts about the support. 

Ive been to Ibrox when GSTQ is sung, it's not a handful of folk it's the entire fuckin stadium. The same as all the sectarian shite, it's full away ends and almost the entirety of the home end at Ibrox. 

Fed up of this myth that it's a few bad eggs and they aren't all the same blah blah, it's a load of pish. 

an absolute word salad with absolutely no evidence to prove this "rangers fans all have the same political views" shite that you keep coming back with.

you can't prove it, because it's a lie.