Future progression and development of the WOSFL

5 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harthill,_Scotland

I think if you read that page it states that Harthill is North Lanarkshire but can it be both, as I'm unsure, anyone got details
The village is split between both councils, I'm sure the majority is located under North Lanarkshire and think Harthill is classed as North Lanarkshire, where the majority residents of Harthill reside.   As stated above post suppose it means they can apply to both EOSFL and WOSFL

Someone said previously that Fauldhouse was split between both councils but majority is in West Lothian, not sure, is this correct ?
For a team whose ground is 35 yards in West Lothian council but majority of their residents live in North Lanarkshire, Id say that's why i expect them to become a WOSFL if they applied

I think with the club being so close and the majority of people in the village reside in North Lanarkshire, it sonly common sense to have them join the WOSFl if they apply

And yip, I don't always deal in facts , thats feck, i dont wanna be known as a statto

Don't worry about that.

3 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harthill,_Scotland

I think if you read that page it states that Harthill is North Lanarkshire but can it be both, as I'm unsure, anyone got details
The village is split between both councils, I'm sure the majority is located under North Lanarkshire and think Harthill is classed as North Lanarkshire, where the majority residents of Harthill reside.   As stated above post suppose it means they can apply to both EOSFL and WOSFL

Someone said previously that Fauldhouse was split between both councils but majority is in West Lothian, not sure, is this correct ?
For a team whose ground is 35 yards in West Lothian council but majority of their residents live in North Lanarkshire, Id say that's why i expect them to become a WOSFL if they applied

I think with the club being so close and the majority of people in the village reside in North Lanarkshire, it sonly common sense to have them join the WOSFl if they apply

And yip, I don't always deal in facts , thats feck, i dont wanna be known as a statto

And if you read the whole page, it goes on to say "Although Harthill itself is located in the North Lanarkshire Council authority, the Gibshill park and clubhouse are located in Greenrigg, West Lothian".

The majority of residents may well reside in NL, but how many of those ever go to football? I suspect the majority couldn't give a f***. Like me😉.

They can indeed apply to both. Just as my under-12 team can apply to join the EFL.

15 minutes ago, Black Pennel said:

^^You are wasting your time with him, chief...he doesn't listen.

Unfortunately I do listen and take in all arguments and look at them objectively but to be honest I'm just I'm not a blinked junior guy who realize its all fading into the distance and try and stick together.  Anyone who bases their argument on the clubs past junior experiences that they should go to West Lothian is probably similar minds to the guy's who ruined junior football and put it where it is now.  You even get the clique sticking together 🤣

1 minute ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Unfortunately I do listen and take in all arguments and look at them objectively but to be honest I'm just I'm not a blinked junior guy who realize its all fading into the distance and try and stick together.  Anyone who bases their argument on the clubs past junior experiences that they should go to West Lothian is probably similar minds to the guy's who ruined junior football and put it where it is now.  You even get the clique sticking together 🤣

For once, I agree with you!

1 hour ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

OK,...I'm not going to prolong discussions with you, after this post, given that the subject is slightly off topic for this particular thread and you appear to always want the last word in any case.

I don't know how you've arrived at your conclusion that the argument is based on anything involving some sort of entirely imaginary clique. Actually, If you check back you'll see that it wasn't myself who even mentioned the junior regions at all given that they aren't relevant to the new structures.

My argument is based solely on the fact that the club in question are based in a ground which is located in West Lothian and, therefore, they should be playing in the same league structure as the other West Lothian clubs.

3 hours ago, Black Pennel said:

OK,...I'm not going to prolong discussions with you, after this post, given that the subject is slightly off topic for this particular thread and you appear to always want the last word in any case.

I don't know how you've arrived at your conclusion that the argument is based on anything involving some sort of entirely imaginary clique. Actually, If you check back you'll see that it wasn't myself who even mentioned the junior regions at all given that they aren't relevant to the new structures.

My argument is based solely on the fact that the club in question are based in a ground which is located in West Lothian and, therefore, they should be playing in the same league structure as the other West Lothian clubs.

Never, only when they make accusations or have information that is untrue

Did I mention you regarding imaginary clique, no I did not, its only for the small minority who think teams like Harthill should go east because of their past history

Anyways we will agree to disagree.  My view, For a team who represent a village, where the majority of said village is in North Lanarkshire, even though the team ground is based, 35 Yards from the boundary, I say they should be able to apply and enter WOSFL even if the people of Harthill do not go to games, which is irrelevant as fortunes could change and the interested could change for some reason with the majority going to their games.

Hypothetically if it is the same situation boundary wise with Harthill that if they were located 35 yards inside the West Lothian border and right after the ground continuing beyond in the West Lothian ground its baron wasteland for 5 miles, and the majority of people live in North Lanarkshire, would you still say the team have to join the EOSFL

5 minutes ago, Black Pennel said:

You didn't mention me...but you quoted my post rather than the post you took issue with ?

This time I am done. We will agree to disagree.

ffs I'm not to sharp about how to add different post quotes into my one reply post from different people

Anyways you didn't answer my hypothetical question

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Back to the thread itself : I hope a fair few clubs develop their under 18/20's to see some local lads break through. Also the upgrading of many grounds has been brilliant, especially the lights. Really think that in say, 5+ years the league will be strong in the pyramid - to imagine an ex Juniors club (West)  progress to the SPFL would be amazing for the game. Good luck everyone !

8 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

WoSFL and EoSFL fighting over Harthill...

"You take them!"

"No. You take them!"

Incorrect, in fact the discussion between the WoSFL and EoSFL was exactly the opposite.

Harthill were informed that they were welcome to apply to either league, because of the unique circumstances surrounding the location of their town and pitch.

Just now, glensmad said:

Incorrect, in fact the discussion between the WoSFL and EoSFL was exactly the opposite.

Harthill were informed that they were welcome to apply to either league, because of the unique circumstances surrounding the location of their town and pitch.

It's a joke about Harthill being a dump pal.

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/19278734.best-west-rossvale-boss-david-gormley-aiming-high-ahead-next-season/

Meanwhile, hearing the previously mooted proposal for the WoSFL’s Premier Division to split into two groups of ten is back on the table because of concerns over the likelihood of a coronavirus spike impacting on the 2021/22 season.

Nothing has been decided but discussions are thought to have taken place on a definitive two-phase campaign.

Phase One: The respective groupings of 10 teams will play each other on a home and away basis Phase Two: (If Covid remains dormant) teams will go up against the teams, home and away, from the other grouping.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2 May 2021 at 15:34, Andy groundhopper said:

Back to the thread itself : I hope a fair few clubs develop their under 18/20's to see some local lads break through. Also the upgrading of many grounds has been brilliant, especially the lights. Really think that in say, 5+ years the league will be strong in the pyramid - to imagine an ex Juniors club (West)  progress to the SPFL would be amazing for the game. Good luck everyone !

Kelty Hearts showing the way.

From Hamilton Acies downwards not one of those of SPFL outfits  can afford a few bad seasons.

Clyde v Rutherglen Glencairn by 2030?

Kelty Hearts showing the way.
From Hamilton Acies downwards not one of those of SPFL outfits  can afford a few bad seasons.
Clyde v Rutherglen Glencairn by 2030?
That would be nice. We're certainly going to try to get there. [emoji106]