Future progression and development of the WOSFL

5 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

The EoS twitter guy was not too far behind a few days ago tweeting out misleading information about the league having a fixed boundary at the Tay Bridge midpoint line of latitude that he later had to retract. 

Responding to a football related question incorrectly, is quite different from sharing their own personal views from a business/organisation account they anonymously administer on behalf of others.

5 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Yes, those are the same thing.

Yup erroneously posting about a boundary line etc etc

1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Responding to a football related question incorrectly, is quite different from sharing their own personal views from a business/organisation account they anonymously administer on behalf of others.

You have to wonder at times what goes through the heads of people who do that.   Truly bewildering.

14 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

If you are representing a league officially online you should be 100% sure what its policy actually is before posting about it. What happened was pub league level stuff.

"Pub league" isn't quite the insult you think since it actually fits the gaffe made by the EoS twitter admin as it even stays within the world of football.

The WoS was something else entirely and you've brought up your bit of whataboutery either to deflect from it, defend it in some way or just to have another go at the EoS as you often do.

^^^I have this guy on ignore because of the timewasting nonsense he posts but sometimes you have to respond. First off check what I posted. I did not equate the two. It should have been abundantly clear that I see what the WoS guy did as worse. When the point being made is that both leagues have people at the twitter controls who are not behaving professionally enough it is ludicrous to throw a word like whataboutery around. Both leagues need to do better in future.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

This thread is moving away from my starter topic and in response I have amended my opening statement in the first thread to include the following:

"This thread is evolving into covering a number of important issues relating to how the WOSFL may progress and develop. These include:

1. The structure of the WOSFL Pyramid and place within the National Pyramid.

2. The number (and type) of clubs that should be accommodated in the WOSFL.

3. Ground criteria that should be adopted for clubs in the WOSFL (with variations at different tiers).

4. Linkage between WOSFL and Amateur Leagues.

5. Meeting the challenges of social media.

6. Respecting diversity and inclusion in terms of race, age, gender, language, beliefs, sexual orientation and style of communication.

7. Helping facilitate the progression of clubs in the West of Scotland in terms of advice and support.

8. Discussing and communicating any other issue which is relevant to the development of the WOSFL."

The EoS twitter guy was not too far behind a few days ago tweeting out misleading information about the league having a fixed boundary at the Tay Bridge midpoint line of latitude that he later had to retract. 
Hardly comparable in the slightest, dear me.

^^^I have this guy on ignore because of the timewasting nonsense he posts but sometimes you have to respond. First off check what I posted. I did not equate the two. It should have been abundantly clear that I see what the WoS guy did as worse. When the point being made is that both leagues have people at the twitter controls who are not behaving professionally enough it is ludicrous to throw a word like whataboutery around. Both leagues need to do better in future.

FFS [emoji23]

1 hour ago, Pyramidic said:

This thread is moving away from my starter topic and in response I have amended my opening statement in the first thread to include the following:

"This thread is evolving into covering a number of important issues relating to how the WOSFL may progress and develop. These include:

2. The number (and type) of clubs that should be accommodated in the WOSFL.

3. Ground criteria that should be adopted for clubs in the WOSFL (with variations at different tiers).

4. Linkage between WOSFL and Amateur Leagues.

5. Meeting the challenges of social media.

6. Respecting diversity and inclusion in terms of race, age, gender, language, beliefs, sexual orientation and style of communication.

7. Helping facilitate the progression of clubs in the West of Scotland in terms of advice and support.

8. Discussing and communicating any other issue which is relevant to the development of the WOSFL."

On point 4 this was noteworthy on another thread:

6 hours ago, parkcircus said:

On the criteria issue we’ve been looking at it being at different levels for different tiers

ie tier 10 shouldn’t have the same criteria as tier 6, but they’d still need to be fan friendly, nothing will be changing on this soon but it’s something to look into in the future

another idea is a non-criteria division below the “entry criteria” divisions that accepts teams but no promotion is available until the home ground (not shared ground) meets the criteria and they win the division 

but.... the pyramids weren’t built in a day

9 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

I can't believe I have to say this BUT, Tweeting out slightly wrong information about where the boundaries are between regions and encouraging the victim blaming culture re: sexual assault are not the same thing.

8 hours ago, Pyramidic said:

Top of the agenda should be opening up relegation from the LL to two automatic clubs dropping to tier 6. The WoS champion should be promoted every season.

26 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

...and I can't believe that for the second time now I have to point out that I never did that. Give it a rest and let this thread return to its actual subject matter.

Probably because you never condemned it initially. Your first contribution to the conversation around what the WoS twitter admin said was to bring up the EoS twitter admin's gaffe classing it as not "too far behind".

11 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Focus is entirely on the EoSFL twitter admin.

11 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

If you are representing a league officially online you should be 100% sure what its policy actually is before posting about it. What happened was pub league level stuff.

Still at most comparing the two situations.

Hence my whataboutery comment. Whataboutery being:

the technique or practice of responding to an accusation or difficult question by making a counter-accusation or raising a different issue.

EDIT: What do you call it when you get "ignored" by someone that will constantly reply to you indirectly and even go to the trouble of red dotting you 🤔

Edited by FairWeatherFan

9 hours ago, Pyramidic said:

1. The structure of the WOSFL Pyramid and place within the National Pyramid.....

Another issue that really should be looked at eventually is whether the SoS should feed into the WoS at a lower level if it adds a regional tier rather than the LL. This might also be the way to integrate Argyll clubs into the pyramid so they can pursue licensing and a Scottish Cup place.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

40 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Top of the agenda should be opening up relegation from the LL to two automatic clubs dropping to tier 6. The WoS champion should be promoted every season.

That's ambiguous. Did you mean they ought to be promoted as a matter of course (ie without reference to playing ability) or that they will be because they're better on the pitch?

Anyway, surely in the case of two LL relegations, both the WoS and EoS champions ought to gain promotion each season since the SoS may not have a licenced winner or else its champion will likely be the weakest team of the three in the play-offs?

19 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Another issue that really should be looked at eventually is whether the SoS should feed into the WoS at a lower level if it adds a regional tier rather than the LL. This might also be the way to integrate Argyll clubs into the pyramid so they can pursue licensing and a Scottish Cup place.

The possible integration of the SOS as a feeder to the WOS is in my view a relevant issue. The inclusion of the Argyll clubs might be achievable if Tier 10 is regionalised. 

9 minutes ago, rockson said:

That's ambiguous. Did you mean they ought to be promoted as a matter of course (ie without reference to playing ability) or that they will be because they're better on the pitch?

Ideally there would only be two rather than three feeders so it would happen automatically. With SoS as part of the equation it's more a case of the latter of it will be because 19 times out of 20 (or whatever) the WoS champion would beat the SoS champion over two legs.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

13 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Ideally there would only be two rather than three feeders so it would happen automatically. With SoS as part of the equation it's more a case of the latter of it will be because 19 times out of 20 (or whatever) the WoS champion would beat the SoS champion over two legs.

Or a lowland league 2 with 3 up 3 down from lowland league then have ur 3 feeders wosfl eosfl and sosfl

16 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Or a lowland league 2 with 3 up 3 down from lowland league then have ur 3 feeders wosfl eosfl and sosfl

Think a Lowland League 2 but with east and west sections would be ideal to get rid of pro/rel bottlenecks. It won't be long until enough west clubs would be licensed for that to be realistic and it would help to get all the clubs that operate with six figure budgets at the professional game board level where they belong. A way needs to be found to move the SoS down the pecking order a bit to a level where its clubs are keen to move up when the opportunity arises and an LL2 west might be a better fit on that than the LL.

21 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Think a Lowland League 2 but with east and west sections would be ideal to get rid of pro/rel bottlenecks. It won't be long until enough west clubs would be licensed for that to be realistic and it would help to get all the clubs that operate with six figure budgets at the professional game board level where they belong. A way needs to be found to move the SoS down the pecking order a bit to a level where its clubs are keen to move up when the opportunity arises and an LL2 west might be a better fit on that than the LL.

As you rightly say, in effect, this may happen via evolution with WoS clubs gaining their Licences and with weaker LL clubs filtering down via relegations. Where these may be from the SoS area there must be a chance that clubs could opt for Tier 6 of the WoS rather than Tier 6 of the SoS as the over-all drop in playing standard would be greater in the SoS.

In turn this would gradually leave the best SoS clubs with a future limited to local matches and losing play-offs to the LL. A dovetail into the WoS as a regional feeder league, even at Tier 7, might work with one automatic promotion place from SoS to WoS Tier 6. The champion SoS club needn't be forced to take the promotion.