Future progression and development of the WOSFL

25 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Don't know, don't really give a shit. Someone wanted accurate information facts on their location so i did and gave extra facts to boot meaning why there is confusion with the team so close to the boundary

How long will it take to get there from the Royal Bar?

3 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

The ground lies exactly 45 yards inside the West Lothian council.
Although houses beyond the ground further in West Lothian for 200 yards have an ML postcode.
The street beside the park at the boundary which is west Lothian do not have the snow ploughs clear the street from west Lothian but Lanarkshire Council.
The family across the side street from the front gate of Harthill phoned West Lothian council to get a new bin and was told they have to contact Lanarkshire council.

Its just a mess and to be honest Harthill should be allowed in as the boundary is utter chaos and so close and Harthill are 2 miles closer West than Forth Wanderers

Right...

1. You've confirmed  the ground where the team play is in West Lothian. Colin has confirmed that they are free to apply to the WoSL if they wish, but that doesn't mean that he is saying that they would automatically be accepted. Indeed, the existing member clubs may vote against their inclusion if any application is put to them.

2. Postcodes mean absolutely hee-haw in these matters. Unless you believe (as an example) that Lochgilphead Red Star are a team from Paisley going by their postcode.

3. Similarly, the arrangements for snow-ploughs & litter bins (unsurprisingly) are probably not considered relevant in these matters. Many local authorities have reciprocal arrangements with their neighbouring authorities for suchlike issues.

4. Forth Wanderers are already members and their location is also not relevant.

So, given the above, I think (imho) that Harthill Royal should politely be pointed toward the existing league which covers teams from West Lothian.

5 minutes ago, Black Pennel said:

Right...

1. You've confirmed  the ground where the team play is in West Lothian. Colin has confirmed that they are free to apply to the WoSL if they wish, but that doesn't mean that he is saying that they would automatically be accepted. Indeed, the existing member clubs may vote against their inclusion if any application is put to them.

2. Postcodes mean absolutely hee-haw in these matters. Unless you believe (as an example) that Lochgilphead Red Star are a team from Paisley going by their postcode.

3. Similarly, the arrangements for snow-ploughs & litter bins (unsurprisingly) are probably not considered relevant in these matters. Many local authorities have reciprocal arrangements with their neighbouring authorities for suchlike issues.

4. Forth Wanderers are already members and their location is also not relevant.

So, given the above, I think (imho) that Harthill Royal should politely be pointed toward the existing league which covers teams from West Lothian.

Again, the information I passed was that someone actually asking where the ground was located.

its a hard thing to choose but I believe they should be allowed to enter the WOSFL even considering that the fact of the town is split in between both North Lanarkshire and West Lothian with the majority of the Village is located in North Lanarkshire and the Fact is that Harthill is classed as a North Lanarkshire Town, that is factually true so going by the new rules applied by the WOSFL and EOSFL regarding boundaries then Harthill have to go into the WOSFL as North Lanarkshire is one of the council authorities that comes under the remit of WOSFL boundary

Harthill is a rural village split between North Lanarkshire and West Lothian in Scotland, with most of the village in North Lanarkshire. It is located about halfway between Glasgow, 21 miles to the west, and Edinburgh, 25 miles to the east

30 minutes ago, Black Pennel said:

I do think it's fair enough for Harthill to get into the WoS, but indeed postcodes are non-arguments. If postcodes would decide who should go in which league, Mallaig AFC from the Skye & Lochalsh League would have to join the East of Scotland League if they want to join the pyramid as they have a Perth postcode!

Edited by Marten

Assuming the WOSL hierarchy allow Harthill to apply (which is not a given), I would imagine there won't be much opposition from existing member clubs especially those from Lanarkshire and Glasgow. The people I've spoken to certainly don't seem to have a problem with it.

43 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Again, the information I passed was that someone actually asking where the ground was located.

its a hard thing to choose but I believe they should be allowed to enter the WOSFL even considering that the fact of the town is split in between both North Lanarkshire and West Lothian with the majority of the Village is located in North Lanarkshire and the Fact is that Harthill is classed as a North Lanarkshire Town, that is factually true so going by the new rules applied by the WOSFL and EOSFL regarding boundaries then Harthill have to go into the WOSFL as North Lanarkshire is one of the council authorities that comes under the remit of WOSFL boundary

Harthill is a rural village split between North Lanarkshire and West Lothian in Scotland, with most of the village in North Lanarkshire. It is located about halfway between Glasgow, 21 miles to the west, and Edinburgh, 25 miles to the east

The person asking the question was being facetious. They know exactly where the ground is located. Just about everybody knows, probably due to the dozens of previous posts confirming that the ground is in West Lothian.

You frequently tell us (sometimes at great length) that you only deal in facts. The facts are as contained in my previous post with the exception of the last sentence which is my opinion.

24 minutes ago, Black Pennel said:

The person asking the question was being facetious. They know exactly where the ground is located. Just about everybody knows, probably due to the dozens of previous posts confirming that the ground is in West Lothian.

You frequently tell us (sometimes at great length) that you only deal in facts. The facts are as contained in my previous post with the exception of the last sentence which is my opinion.

Do I frequently tell you (sometimes at great length), well honestly just deal with it

ffs, honestly, the WOSFL and the EOSFL have agreed that teams will go into each association due to what ever boundary that their town/village resides in each specific council, (of which I disagree) Harthill comes under the jurisdiction of North Lanarkshire Council, (even though Harthill is split between North Lanarkshire and West Lothian). So  going by the new rules Harthill should only be allowed to enter the WOSFL

I don't always deal on facts, but my viewpoint is that Harthill should go into the WOSFL

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

10 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Do I frequently tell you (sometimes at great length), well honestly just deal with it

ffs, honestly, the WOSFL and the EOSFL have agreed that teams will go into each association due to what ever boundary that their town/village resides in each specific council, (of which I disagree) Harthill comes under the jurisdiction of North Lanarkshire Council, (even though Harthill is split between North Lanarkshire and West Lothian). So  going by the new rules Harthill should only be allowed to enter the WOSFL

I don't always deal on facts, but my viewpoint is that Harthill should go into the WOSFL

Harthill, and Polkemmet before them, played East Juniors, so why should they go West?

57 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Harthill, and Polkemmet before them, played East Juniors, so why should they go West?

Because the EoSFL isn't the East Juniors and the WoSFL isn't the West Juniors. So being right in the middle of both senior leagues they're considering their options.

1 hour ago, cmontheloknow said:

Because some people are living in their Junior world and this isn't junior football because junior football is falling apart to be non existent soon

Its Scottish football in the pyramid system which is different, allowing teams to progress if they want.
The guys who took over the WOSFL as league bearers decided what ever council your town village come under meaning council authority then you should go to that football association, (by the way, I disagree with). All those office bearers have previous background in junior football.

Officially if the team reside in Harthill then they must go to WOSFL because the village in in North Lanarkshire pre arranged by both WOSFL and EOSFL, (thats official)

My own view, I think they should go to the WOSFL why, just because😀

2 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Officially if the team reside in Harthill then they must go to WOSFL because the village in in North Lanarkshire pre arranged by both WOSFL and EOSFL, (thats official)

Not quite true. Harthill are allowed to apply to both the WoSFL and the EoSFL.

19 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Where have the WOS/EOS ever said that where "their town/village resides" should determine anything, rather than the location of the ground? It is the latter which matters, in terms of travelling.

Also, Harthill does not "come under the jurisdiction of North Lanarkshire Council". As you go on to imply, part of it is under West Lothian Council.

You're right, you dont always deal in facts.

11 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

Where have the WOS/EOS ever said that where "their town/village resides" should determine anything, rather than the location of the ground? It is the latter which matters, in terms of travelling.

Also, Harthill does not "come under the jurisdiction of North Lanarkshire Council". As you go on to imply, part of it is under West Lothian Council.

You're right, you dont always deal in facts.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harthill,_Scotland

I think if you read that page it states that Harthill is North Lanarkshire but can it be both, as I'm unsure, anyone got details
The village is split between both councils, I'm sure the majority is located under North Lanarkshire and think Harthill is classed as North Lanarkshire, where the majority residents of Harthill reside.   As stated above post suppose it means they can apply to both EOSFL and WOSFL

Someone said previously that Fauldhouse was split between both councils but majority is in West Lothian, not sure, is this correct ?
For a team whose ground is 35 yards in West Lothian council but majority of their residents live in North Lanarkshire, Id say that's why i expect them to become a WOSFL if they applied

I think with the club being so close and the majority of people in the village reside in North Lanarkshire, it sonly common sense to have them join the WOSFl if they apply

And yip, I don't always deal in facts , thats feck, i dont wanna be known as a statto