QoS Vs Alloa

4 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Exact same situation that Steven McClean gave Hearts a penalty against us (Ayr) in the Friday televised game in their 1-0 win , ball deflected off Baird’s knee onto arm , McLean was adamant it was a penalty after been questioned 

2 wrongs don't make a right..... 

39 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Exact same situation that Steven McClean gave Hearts a penalty against us (Ayr) in the Friday televised game in their 1-0 win , ball deflected off Baird’s knee onto arm , McLean was adamant it was a penalty after been questioned 

Yes,  I watched that game, very harsh (wrong)  decision. 

Guest Flash
33 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

It can still be a penalty if your hand or arm is in an unnatural position and the ball hits it after deflecting off another part of your body. The exception (allowing it not to be a penalty) for it hitting your hand in an unnatural position after it hits another part of your body only applies if you deliberately play the ball first with, say, your knee.
However, it doesn’t matter whether or not you played the ball first deliberately with the other part of your body (your knee, say) if it hits your hand while it is in a natural position.
Maybe the ref interpreted that Baird’s arm was in an unnatural position and that he didn't deliberately play the ball first with his knee.

So many red cards now come from the same scenario ........a player either takes a heavy touch or mis controls the ball and they then instinctively stretch or lunge forward to retrieve the situation. In most cases it is a natural reaction to try and win the ball back. There is no pre-meditation whatsoever and it invariably happens in a non-dangerous midfield area. The problem, of course is that it can look reckless and dangerous.In most cases it is hugely subjective but that one mad moment in a “nothing situation” in midfield effectively cost us the game.

Graham’s foul by contrast was completely deliberate - he knew that Mabude was too fast for him and he had to stop him at all costs. It was a rugby tackle and players from all teams will keep doing this if the punishment is only a yellow. On top of this the defending team gets to re-group and and get every player back behind the ball. The attacking team gets a free kick from a non dangerous position which bears no resemblance to the advantage that it had in open play.

I think stopping a player deliberately in full flight (Irvine did the same to Jones in the Hearts match) is dangerous and could just as easily cause serious injury plus it ruins the game as a spectacle.

This is definitely an area that needs to be looked at as the punishment doesn’t fit the crime. Don’t get me wrong we have committed plenty ourselves over the years but the rule isn’t right and needs to be looked at.

Nice of both sides to keep the minutes applause in for Mr Hannay btw :(

Our footage makes it look even softer than I first thought. He looks to have caught him on the toe more than the foot. Thankfully Grant was up quick after that legbreaker of a challenge though ;)

8 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Nice of both sides to keep the minutes applause in for Mr Hannay btw :(

Our footage makes it look even softer than I first thought. He looks to have caught him on the toe more than the foot. Thankfully Grant was up quick after that legbreaker of a challenge though ;)

Exactly. I hadn't appreciated before that Grant had turned 90 degrees so Ayo was coming at him from the side. It's not even a raised foot in the normal sense that carries some danger to the leg bone if you carry through, it is literally just stepping on his foot. 🙈

Edited by Margaret Thatcher

9 hours ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

Exactly. I hadn't appreciated before that Grant had turned 90 degrees so Ayo was coming at him from the side. It's not even a raised foot in the normal sense that carries some danger to the leg bone if you carry through, it is literally just stepping on his foot. 🙈

FB332B11-3026-48DE-A88A-6DF537F5994E.jpeg

We have appealed both players' red cards from Saturday. The appeals are being heard tomorrow. https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish-fa/football-governance/disciplinary/disciplinary-updates/

Ayo's has been done to death but not clear why we've appealed McCabe's. The definition for violent conduct is:

Violent conduct is when a player uses or attempts to use excessive force or brutality against an opponent when not challenging for the ball, or against a team-mate, team official, match official, spectator or any other person, regardless of whether contact is made.

In addition, a player who, when not challenging for the ball, deliberately strikes an opponent or any other person on the head or face with the hand or arm, is guilty of violent conduct unless the force used was negligible.

It will depend what the referee put in his report, but I suppose an argument could be made in relation to the first part in bold that the actual force itself wasn't excessive for getting someone off of your back, which is what McCabe was trying to do, and in relation to the second part in bold that the fact there was contact to the face wasn't deliberate.

I mean I doubt he was aiming for the boy's face. The guy was practically on McCabe's back so he was clearly trying to get him off. It was probably excessive force though and he did lamp him in the face. I will be absolutely gobsmacked if we win that appeal and am very surprised they are appealing it tbh. Definitely right to appeal Ayo's though.

Watch them rescind McCabe's and uphold Ayo's [emoji38]

11 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I mean I doubt he was aiming for the boy's face. The guy was practically on McCabe's back so he was clearly trying to get him off. It was probably excessive force though and he did lamp him in the face. I will be absolutely gobsmacked if we win that appeal and am very surprised they are appealing it tbh. Definitely right to appeal Ayo's though.

Watch them rescind McCabe's and uphold Ayo's emoji38.png

Getting Ayo back is key, he’s massive for us atm. We have enough to cover McCabe and McKee was due to start training again yesterday.