QoS Vs Alloa

Just now, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Think he was actually shouting at his own player for letting Dapo get away. 

He seemed to be looking right at Dapo while shouting, how that’s only a yellow is beyond me. He could have seriously injured him grabbing him round his neck and throwing him to the ground. 

Sometimes you just know its not meant to be your day.  Crazy game and the reds (added to our growing injury list) will be probably more damaging than the defeat.  Just as well we had a good middle third of the season.

Thank f**k for that! Still four points adrift, but the table would be looking very grim without those points. If we can shore up the defence a bit, we could still have a decent final third, as we're not bad going forward now.

Despite all the...misfortunes...Queens look so much better than the start of the season, and I don't think they're going down. Nine points between second and ninth though, what a season.

Crazy game. We deserved to be level at the break but could easily have been 3-1 down with the effort off the post just before we equalised. We were laboured against 10 and I never felt safe, even against 9 men at the end. 

Lots of hysteria about the ref but the two reds were correct and totally down to the players in question. Had to laugh at the comms saying Graham at the end wasn't a red card offence but he should have gone because off what had happened before. But understand people getting fired up. 

That win just about keeps us alive and in the context of the players missing it was a terrific victory. It will get lost in the bluster but those players deserve great credit. 

3 minutes ago, Broony88 said:

He seemed to be looking right at Dapo while shouting, how that’s only a yellow is beyond me. He could have seriously injured him grabbing him round his neck and throwing him to the ground. 

That's because it is a yellow, different if he was last man, 

A bonkers 90 minutes, it's pretty unusual to see the breaks and key decisions go Alloa's way. Other than the first red card, another key moment was Shields hitting the post at 2-1 when Queens were murdering our defence, only for us to break away and equalise.

Queens fans will no doubt be raging at that, but for once we've got some luck. We're still heavy favourites to be relegated, but these players will keep going. The stream was good value for a tenner.

Edited by Sixtyten

What a jinx they are - no way we deserved to lost that game. We were just as good as them with 10 men and actually limited them to next to nothing second half.At least we got 3 points out of 9 - usually it’s a full house of defeats or the odd draw. Typical way for the great run to end. The bad luck we have had this season is incredible - how we are 5th with all this going on defies logic.

8 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

Don't care how we got the points but a glimmer of hope now . with other results good for us

as for the ref we have had MORE than our fair share of dodgy decisions going against us . bout time .

That OBVIOUSLY makes that twats performance ok then. 

Greg Aitken is, if nothing else, consistently poor. And got to say Buchanan isn't a lot better. Having him as Captain is a joke. He could have got closer to his man at both the first (when he was too busy claiming offside) and the third when he should have closed Liam Buchanan down. Alloa are a good team but poor refereeing decided this game.

8 minutes ago, Broony88 said:

3 minutes ago, Wee wasp said:

That's because it is a yellow, different if he was last man, 

If you agree with Broony that he could have seriously injured Mebude by grabbing him round the neck, then it's a red regardless of the location. 

Absolutely no surprise Alloa end our unbeaten run. I'd like them to get relegated purely because it'll give us a better chance of getting 12 points in a season. A bogey team for years.

Another decent game for the neutral today, plenty of goals and drama so for two weeks in a row QoS have been a good advert for the Championship.

As for the game, I really don't know how anyone could argue the ref never hindered us today. The Ayo sending off changed the whole game. Even at 10 vs 11 we were in the game and just as good as Alloa. You have to imagine if we had 11 men we could have got the win today. It's just an awful decision and I sincerely hope we appeal it. The McCabe one was about the only thing he got right and complete stupidity from him. I actually don't think he intended to land on his face, just get the boy off him, but you take that chance you get what you deserve. Graham's is a yellow but given he thought Ayo was a red I'm not sure how he justifies a yellow for someone grabbing a sprinting player by the neck.

Alloa did what they had to do and that's all that they'll (rightly) care about. The had key players out and got the job done. You take what you can when you're down there and lets face it, normally the luck is against you when you're at the bottom. But given how fucking hopeless the officials were, you've used your luck up for the rest of the season [emoji14]

First wasnta red

Crazy game. We deserved to be level at the break but could easily have been 3-1 down with the effort off the post just before we equalised. We were laboured against 10 and I never felt safe, even against 9 men at the end. 
Lots of hysteria about the ref but the two reds were correct and totally down to the players in question. Had to laugh at the comms saying Graham at the end wasn't a red card offence but he should have gone because off what had happened before. But understand people getting fired up. 
That win just about keeps us alive and in the context of the players missing it was a terrific victory. It will get lost in the bluster but those players deserve great credit.