Dundee United vs The Green Cheek

Watching the last 20 minutes reminded me of Celtic teams of the past under the likes of Liam Brady or John Barnes, full of overpaid shite players.

The likes of Tom Rogic and Ryan Christie have shown what they're all about.  Love turning it on and looking like world beaters when they're swording daddies 5-0, but put a challenge or a bit of adversity in front of them and they disappear. Total imposters.

Still, means United can't pip us to top six now so a good result!

2 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Watching the last 20 minutes reminded me of Celtic teams of the past under the likes of Liam Brady or John Barnes, full of overpaid shite players.

The likes of Tom Rogic and Ryan Christie have shown what they're all about.  Love turning it on and looking like world beaters when they're swording daddies 5-0, but put a challenge or a bit of adversity in front of them and they disappear. Total imposters.

Still, means United can't pip us to top six now so a good result!

e6b05d84aa03333b6935b6076aa7dfcf.gif

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

I can just about remember when Celtic were finishing 4th/5th in the mid 90’s. This team has to be giving that team a run for it’s money for shiteness.

Imagine a combined team with Tony Cascarino and Shane Duffy.

6 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

The most important thing to take from this is the fact that it officially rules Dundee United out of the top six race. Battle of the Saints now. Good result for us.

This may be a lame joke that I've missed, but I think there's still a mathematical possibility that we can get into the top 6.

Then again, I've been on the gin...🤔

1 hour ago, Big Shedboy said:

This may be a lame joke that I've missed, but I think there's still a mathematical possibility that we can get into the top 6.

Then again, I've been on the gin...🤔

We can match St Mirren on point if they lose to Hamilton and we beat Aberdeen but they would have to lose something like 4-0 and we’d have to beat Aberdeen something like 4-0.

17 hours ago, TheScarf said:

I must’ve imagined Christie scoring winners and important play off goals for Scotland.

Odds are that if you take 15 shots a match, you'll score 1 eventually.

20 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Odds are that if you take 15 shots a match, you'll score 1 eventually.

Ah ok, hopefully he starts scoring less for Scotland then.

45 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Ah ok, hopefully he starts scoring less for Scotland then.

Bit weird to hope that, but each to their own.

Think the truth about Christie is that he's an efficient finisher who makes inefficient decisions.

He can actually strike a ball quite well and probably finishes better than average, but he wastes so many opportunities by letting fly from 25 - 30 yards that this overshadows his actual ability.

If someone could coach that out of him, he'd be terrific.

Spineless performance, very least we could do is push Rangers to go and have to win it at CP but shat it.

The positive to take from it is that Kennedy won’t get this job. Same tactical ineptitude, baffling substitutions and so forth