The Killie Thread 2021-2022

Would relegation still be the financial disaster for Killie it once would have been?

I seem to recall a number of years ago that there was talk relegation would finish them...which even though sUqsGg.gif would be very shite

I started drinking at 9 on the dot for the cup semi, which is probably why I was in a better mood by the end than most of my pals.

The county town would like to inform potential visitors from the Blighted East that as it has a new electronic ticketing system, they will somehow need to procure bank accounts before attending.

17 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Yogi Hughes will sort Killie out as a Premiership club before the end. 

Your hatred of Yogi really is quite something. He’s doing a class job at County, put some credit on his name. 

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

I started drinking at 9 on the dot for the cup semi, which is probably why I was in a better mood by the end than most of my pals.

The county town would like to inform potential visitors from the Blighted East that as it has a new electronic ticketing system, they will somehow need to procure bank accounts before attending.

You were pretty old for an Ayr fan when you started drinking.

10 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Your hatred of Yogi really is quite something. He’s doing a class job at County, put some credit on his name. 

He’s certainly doing  enough to help get the Ayrshire Derby back on , just need Brian Rice to replicate him 

Mental to think you went up as runners-up to Raith in ‘93 (28 years ago for the hard of thinking) and have never been down since.
Us on the other hand.....
Despite finishing 2nd bottom on quite a few occasions, including the season Gretna imploded. Biggest beneficiaries of the Self Preservation League and relegation is long overdue. Come on down.

22 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

He’s certainly doing  enough to help get the Ayrshire Derby back on , just need Brian Rice to replicate him 

Hamilton will Hamilton their way out of it like they always do. About as sure as the sun rising every morning. 

On 06/03/2021 at 18:07, DA Baracus said:

Ah, must be once at each ground per round (half?) of announced fixtures then.

Don’t believe it is specified beyond each ground shall be shown twice per season in order to total 20 games. For instance, Hearts were scheduled on for 10 of their 13 road games this year, if I recall correctly, until postponements muddled the plan.

• 2 months later...

Sometimes it's a b*****d being right. 

No complaints as we got exactly what we deserved & we had dodged the bullet a few times previously. Initial reaction is that we have a decent manager in place for a rebuild who actually knows what a goalkeeper looks like.

The lack of players still contracted for next year is a blessing more than anything as it means the dross that put is in this mess are gone & the overall quality in the league looks low in comparison to recent seasons.

Hopefully the return to a team that wins more often than not & the lower ticket prices will pull more walkups back in & with an OF free environment the club needs to do everything to get families through the gate, I will personally be getting up the road a few times next year now my job has changed.

If we could just get Tommy Wright to stop impersonating a constipated gargoyle on the sidelines then this may actually be a positive reset for the club  so bring it on I say. KTID.

Guest Axle Grease

Good to have you back down here. 

Another away day I've not done for a while. Pub recommendations for away fans appreciated. 

On 08/03/2021 at 13:25, TxRover said:

Don’t believe it is specified beyond each ground shall be shown twice per season in order to total 20 games. For instance, Hearts were scheduled on for 10 of their 13 road games this year, if I recall correctly, until postponements muddled the plan.

Think the rule was that clubs wouldn’t be asked to host the Beeb any MORE than twice as the televised games obviously had a big impact on the streaming income for the home clubs each time.

It's quite embarassing that little Ayr think they're going to amount to anything with Hopkin in charge.

Be good to ignite an old flame with Morton/Killie though. I still remember that 3-1 night about 14 years ago!

In other news, my pal works with Luke McCowan's burd, nothing given away but suggesting Killie or Livi. Ayr fans would be distraught.

18 minutes ago, Nutz_the_Squirrel said:

Genuinely looking forward to some different away days next season. Mon the seaside leagues. 

I know the team are a bit of a mess right now, but surely not that bad that you’re looking forward to back to back relegations.