The Killie Thread 2021-2022

Ayr and Killie in the same league as Queens - really decent.  Hope to hell we can keep some of this team together for next season (sssssh ......... don't mention Shields).

5 hours ago, Perkin Flump said:

The last time we played each other in the league at Somerset, I was 18 & thought nothing of starting drinking at 9 in the morning before it.

I'm 37 just now and if we do have a league game at Somerset next season I will still think nothing of starting drinking at 9 in the morning before it.  

5 hours ago, Mod1967 said:

Visit yer local morgue mate, bit the same atmosphere 

Aye, but I've never had a decent steak pie in a morgue. 

Although, admittedly the leg room in the morgue was greater. 

Edited by Specky Ginger

5 hours ago, rb123! said:

To all be on the BBC on a Friday night lol

5 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Aye, it would be Killie TV instead of Hearts TV next season 😂

Pretty sure they (BBC Scotland) can only show a maximum of one game from each ground for the Friday night games.

So you'd have one Friday night game from Rugby Park and one from Somerset with the other two on Saturdays (or within schedule at New Year).

Pretty sure they (BBC Scotland) can only show a maximum of one game from each ground for the Friday night games.
So you'd have one Friday night game from Rugby Park and one from Somerset with the other two on Saturdays (or within schedule at New Year).

I don't think this is true. The deal is for far more than 10 games for one thing. Pretty sure they've been to Somerset Park and Palmerston more than once this season already.

The deal is a minimum of two televised games at home.

Last year we got Dundee Utd twice at home.

This year Dundee twice, which to be fair, we're two of the highest chances of both teams to score in Europe so I expect it to be box office.

6 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:

Pretty sure a first league clash at Somerset since 1993 could be close to a sell out, hopefully we can keep the brilliant home record we've have had against Killie in the cups since that 

A timely reminder to Killie fans....

Please ensure ALL your vaccines are up to date prior to the 1st Ayrshire derby lads 👍

Edited by C4mmy31

38 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I don't think this is true. The deal is for far more than 10 games for one thing. Pretty sure they've been to Somerset Park and Palmerston more than once this season already.

Ah, must be once at each ground per round (half?) of announced fixtures then.

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Ah, must be once at each ground per round (half?) of announced fixtures then.

I think that makes sense. Having checked, the deal is 20 games, so they could presumably show all four derbies next season if they wanted (though hopefully they don't because I'd quite like a Saturday one at Somerset).