'Well - Livi

Didn't see a match thread.

Last weekend's great win and performance (as well as the point earned in Paisley) has probably (re)steadied the ship after the Accies and St Johnstone debacles - I kind of feels like one more win would be enough for us to relax a bit about relegation and concentrate on our challenge for the 7th place trophy.

I'd imagine that we wouldn't be making too many unforced changes as any of last week's starting 11 would feel hard done to if they were dropped. I would imagine that the main uncertainty would be the return of Gallacher now that his gun related contract issues injury problems have cleared up. Carrol looked concussed last week - but that might be just the way he looks.

Despite having a far better season than us, Livi have had a bit of a downer few days to put it mildly and I feel it's important that we massively keep that going :)

Hopefully will be ordering a celebratory Methi Gosht with Peshwari Naan on saturday evening after watching a narrow win.

Last week changed the mood of the ‘Well fans, would a defeat see another about turn?  In that case it is a must not lose with a draw being seen as us in a holding pattern.

I think it is time for us to push on and show where we should be.  Not to be disrespectful but Livingston’s bubble has burst as it would for any team going on such an excellent run.

Lets get into them. 

Great chance for Motherwell here. We’re bang out of form, and despite an encouraging display midweek we’re totally powderpuff up front.

I’ve also yet to see us put in a good performance at Fir Park since we came up, including a couple of absolute ridings (3-0 after 20 minutes and a 3-2 end of season shiter spring to mind).

Our home form has been absolute trash so I have a fair bit of trepidation about this.

Even under Alexander we look like we've been better away from home. Granted we've only played 4 of our 11 at Fir Park but we've only taken points in 2 of those games vs 5 of the 7 away.

424822484_ScreenShot2021-03-05at12_17_47.thumb.png.b33de6aa9755ed4b40af133cabec49f5.png

Livi looked like a difficult team to break down against Rangers through the week and those are exactly the sort of teams we've struggled against this season.

We've also not gone more than two league games unbeaten all season so tbh I'd happily take a draw and move on.

On the plus side Lawleff and Gallagher coming off the bench at Easter Road suggests that the problems we've been having with the squad seem to be easing.

Edited by capt_oats

Livi during the week were certainly aggressive and hard working. That will get you far in this league but against Old Firm you definitely  need a lot more. 

One thing is for certain. We cannot let up on our effort levels from last 2 games or Livi will win regardless of recent results. We maintain our focus and effort and I am hoping our forward players will be better than Livi. 

Given our up and down form it is hard to forecast what will happen tomorrow. It would be nice to get a great performance and comfortable win but unlikely. 

I get a gut feel it may end in a draw. But being positive I will predict a narrow home win - 1-0 or 2-1. 

54 minutes ago, Monkey socks said:

Can you get less than 0-0 ?

I would bite your hand off for that kind of result. It would help get over the "only 2 games undeafeted" streak mentioned by @capt_oats and with Killy and Ross accounts playing each other, someone is going to drop points.

An ideal situation for us is to win, killy and county to draw, Hamilton and Dundee United to lose. 

My brain is saying 2-1 to Livingston but my hearts saying 2-0 Well with a Lamie double.

22 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

An ideal situation for us is to win, killy and county to draw, Hamilton and Dundee United to lose. 

I think if that combination of results happened, we would be safe for another year (and could be as high as 7th in the table at the end of the weekend as a bonus). Things aren't usually that simple though and our home form has been abysmal this year.

A win would be great here. 
There's been times where the players have looked liked 11 guys down the local park playing for their Scheme teams. Utter shite.

3 points please.

I’m feeling slightly optimistic, due to Livi’s current form, which has been a bad thing for us this season. I think the 433 is fine for away games and is working but it’s clearly not worked at home. Do we continue with 433 and hope the home form turns or do we try something new?

I’d be tempted to go with something like this.

Kelly
SOD Dec Lamie Carroll
Lawless Campbell Maguire Roberts
Cole Watt

Our days of being 3-0 up at half time vs Livi are long gone.

I thought Crawford was one of the stand outs at Easter Road last week so I'd be surprised if we dropped him. There was a point in the 2nd half where we were just pinging the ball about with short passes in midfield when we were 2-0 up that was quite delicious.

The only change I can see is Gallagher coming in for Tyler tbh. Assuming Lawleff isn't broken again then he's probably one of the options we'd be looking to off the bench if we need to switch it up.

Kelly
O'Donnell Gallagher Lamie Carroll
Campbell Crawford Maguire
Roberts Cole Watt

I noticed on Twitter dot com that someone was spying on Carroll the other day so if he's been training you'd think he'd be in with a shout of playing despite the head knock last week. Even then McGinley had a smashing game when he was subbed on.

Kelly, Gallagher, Lawless, Lamie, Crawford-on loan, Shagz White (now at County), any chance you could take JET off our hands?

No idea how this will go, we were a lot better defensively against Sevco, but we wont set up to be as defensive against Motherwell, so we aren't guaranteed to be as good at the back in this game. Really need to start scoring goals though, if we can get a goal i think we'll come away with at least a point.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

If  Motherwell score they'll  win, Can't see  Livi scoring  with the usual set up  of  4-2-3-1, with Bartley and Holt sitting in front of the back four doing nothing, chances will be hard to come by, On top of that, it just takes  the  2 attacking midfielders to  hide, in the case of Mullin that's  a  90% chance of happening ,Pittman can be very good ,but very unreliable . Sibbald  is good in the middle, but won't  get into the box much, if he starts he's  sure to be subbed . I'll be quite surprised if they get a couple of shots on target, the only other way I can see   Livi scoring is big Guthrie up for a corner.

Motherwell forwards are looking good 3 up top, Watt and Cole look good, with good back up from Campbell attacking midfield, The way Livi  play formation wise, and type of defensive minded players  in the team, they'll  be lucky to get anywhere  near the Motherwell  box

Edited by Scrutinizer

Keepers are much of a muchness now with both looking shaky at times but I reckon we'll go with:

McCrorie

Devlin Fitzwater Guthrie Serrano (would be harsh to drop Fitzwater after a great display against Rangers but Efe didn't deserve to be dropped after the final IMO)

Bartley Holt

Mullin Pittman Sibbald

Jet (Think Robbo will start from the bench if he's in the squad at all...not convinced he's anywhere near fit, actually reminds me of Miller in our promotion season...a walking bruise that refuses to give up but looks like he needs a rest.)

However I'd like to see us try Sibbald in the middle and give Forrest and Jaze a start in the wide positions as (as much as it pains me) I agree with @Scrutinizer in that Mullin has been very guilty of disappearing in games. Also thought Tiffoney lookes bright coming off the bench against Rangers and could be a shout for striker ahead of Jet. Anyone know if we're likely to see Matej anytime soon? He seems another one that permanently injured.

What I'd like to see

A Keeper (can't really choose between them)

Devlin Fitzwater Guthrie Serrano

Bartley Sibbald

Kabia Pittman Forrest

Tiffoney

Use the pace on the wings and of Tiffoney to get in behind and DONT shell long balls to our strikers as Gallagher and Lamie will deal with that no problem...get them turned and running at their own goal plus hound them Lamie when in possession as we know that's a real weakness in his game

3 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Keepers are much of a muchness now with both looking shaky at times but I reckon we'll go with:

McCrorie

Devlin Fitzwater Guthrie Serrano (would be harsh to drop Fitzwater after a great display against Rangers but Efe didn't deserve to be dropped after the final IMO)

Bartley Holt

Mullin Pittman Sibbald

Jet (Think Robbo will start from the bench if he's in the squad at all...not convinced he's anywhere near fit, actually reminds me of Miller in our promotion season...a walking bruise that refuses to give up but looks like he needs a rest.)

However I'd like to see us try Sibbald in the middle and give Forrest and Jaze a start in the wide positions as (as much as it pains me) I agree with @Scrutinizer in that Mullin has been very guilty of disappearing in games. Also thought Tiffoney lookes bright coming off the bench against Rangers and could be a shout for striker ahead of Jet. Anyone know if we're likely to see Matej anytime soon? He seems another one that permanently injured.

What I'd like to see

A Keeper (can't really choose between them)

Devlin Fitzwater Guthrie Serrano

Bartley Sibbald

Kabia Pittman Forrest

Tiffoney

Use the pace on the wings and of Tiffoney to get in behind and DONT shell long balls to our strikers as Gallagher and Lamie will deal with that no problem...get them turned and running at their own goal plus hound them Lamie when in possession as we know that's a real weakness in his game

FFS don't encourage him, Mr positivity he aint.😂

Efe was injured against St Johnstone, read he got a knock but is ok for this game.