Shite for sale, or free, on the internet.

11 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Seems a bit grippy- just include £150 quid in the house price.

Bet the bugger takes all the lightbulbs with him when he moves on the grounds he paid for them.

Not suggesting for a single moment that this has become a middle-class site, but there seems to be an assumption the seller owns the property?

38 minutes ago, Shipa said:

Not suggesting for a single moment that this has become a middle-class site, but there seems to be an assumption the seller owns the property?

Why would you erect a fence in a rented property? 

Why would you erect a fence in a rented property? 
My sister-in-law and partner have erected a fence (illegal* I may add), done out the loft (illegally) and ripped out the kitchen to replace it with one they bought from ebay/gumtree. I think some folk don't realise renting is different to buying. If they ever leave that house and are handed the massive bill, they will still complain.

* I don't know what the correct word is. It's far too high for where it's placed.

12 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

replacing the kitchen in a rented property is absolutely bonkers. What were they thinking?!

I take it you're meaning privately rented? 

Housing association's will often refund part - or all - of the outlay. 

48 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Converting a loft without planning permission and replacing the kitchen in a rented property is absolutely bonkers. What were they thinking?!

Surely it's just MDF/ chipboard boarding down as a floor, you would have to be sectioned if you put a dormer and stairs in a rented house.

Edited by 101

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

Converting a loft without planning permission and replacing the kitchen in a rented property is absolutely bonkers. What were they thinking?!

I read this in a Mystery Science Theatre 3000 stylee.

3 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Why wouldn't you? 

I'd plant a hedge. You get some nice big spiders in hedges. Of course I'd dig the hedge up and take it with me when I move. Maybe sell it on the internet.

Hedge for sale with large arachnids attached. Send a privet message if interested. 

47 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I'd plant a hedge. You get some nice big spiders in hedges. Of course I'd dig the hedge up and take it with me when I move. Maybe sell it on the internet.

Hedge for sale with large arachnids attached. Send a privet message if interested. 

@KnightswoodBear

Liked just for the "privet message" [emoji1]

I take it you're meaning privately rented? 
Housing association's will often refund part - or all - of the outlay. 

Council house. They are morons. I suspect if they asked for permission to rip out the kitchen it would have been given the ok but it's a big risk to be making those kind of modifications in a council house. And as I say, if the council kick up shit when they leave they'll moan about it.

5 hours ago, 101 said:

Surely it's just MDF/ chipboard boarding down as a floor, you would have to be sectioned if you put a dormer and stairs in a rented house.

I remember when I was a teenager my mate phoned me and said to get down to his as he'd had his loft converted. Got there and for some reason he just had a front door sitting across the beams and a torch hanging on a piece of string with fibreglass insulation making the place look homely. I stayed for five minutes. To this day I have no idea how the door got there 

4 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

I remember when I was a teenager my mate phoned me and said to get down to his as he'd had his loft converted. Got there and for some reason he just had a front door sitting across the beams and a torch hanging on a piece of string with fibreglass insulation making the place look homely. I stayed for five minutes. To this day I have no idea how the door got there 

😂😂😂😂

On 01/04/2021 at 11:42, Sweet Pete said:

You mean I could be standing on the 88th floor of a building, but I'm actually on the 79th? Why don't we just throw numbers out the window if we're going to be so arbitrary?! I demand to speak to the president of Asia at once!

do they not miss out the floors when they are building it?