Shite for sale, or free, on the internet.

My estate has a local Facebook page which seems to exclusively made up of roasters. We've had someone offering a set of crutches and another offering an ornamental wooden fish. I can only assume these people don't have bins. 

Screenshot_20210305_114817.jpg

Screenshot_20210305_114706_com.facebook.katana.jpg

Where I live is what I'd politely call "economically deprived" (not me, you understand. I'm loaded.). As a result, the local Facebook marketplace is a fascinating, if sad, insight into the lives of single mothers and the elderly. Recently a young woman asked if anyone wanted to buy a cordless landline phone handset so she could top up her electricity meter.

20 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

Where I live is what I'd politely call "economically deprived" (not me, you understand. I'm loaded.). As a result, the local Facebook marketplace is a fascinating, if sad, insight into the lives of single mothers and the elderly. Recently a young woman asked if anyone wanted to buy a cordless landline phone handset so she could top up her electricity meter.

Let's not dwell on the sad stories behind these images. Instead, let's rejoice it's not us that is selling faulty electrical equipment, dangerous tyres or burst couches to feed our families.

45 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

My estate has a local Facebook page which seems to exclusively made up of roasters. We've had someone offering a set of crutches and another offering an ornamental wooden fish. I can only assume these people don't have bins.

Screenshot_20210305-122131.thumb.png.60422a7305b3810674a18076c9b6ae60.png

Eta: That's a Tillydrone postcode, undoubtedly one of the worst parts of Aberdeen.

Edited by Hedgecutter

4 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Yeah I often think that while I’m chuckling at the crap people sell the people flogging it must be near enough destitute to have to sell their crappy possessions. It’s sobering and I often pause to think about how lucky I am before I check if the seller is an attractive female and then DM then offering money for nudes.

I like a man that sees the opportunities life throws up.

13 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

You simply have to say fair play to all the scheme mums putting bars of chocolate and penny chews in a box, putting a ribbon around it and charging a 500% mark up

My work is rife for the amount of ladies who do this sort of shit. Same with cheesecake making n birthday cake making etc 

Screenshot_20210305_114817.thumb.jpg.05a62c5c57d1b355b6a072b6a85fcb2e.jpg
Screenshot_20210305_114706_com.facebook.katana.thumb.jpg.f5a4225a85940101d5a9d18d7b7e8ca6.jpg
Is the widden fish still available?

1 hour ago, Sweet Pete said:

As you're well aware, I don't live in the same kind of poverty striken grief hole as you, but I can confirm that our Facebook groups are equally full of folk trying to get people to take away their old shite for nothing.

3 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

It's not all garbage you know 

0BD88958-4A01-458F-95C8-4F5404FE141C.jpeg

If it's those actual ones pictured and they can provide evidence that they've not been anywhere near a washing machine since that photo was taken, then I know someone that might be interested*

*it's me.

2 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:

Were the crutches theirs to sell? When I broke my ankle and was issued with crutches the hospital hounded me to return them.  That was more than a few years ago admittedly but has NHS policy changed?

3 minutes ago, Northboy said:

Were the crutches theirs to sell? When I broke my ankle and was issued with crutches the hospital hounded me to return them.  That was more than a few years ago admittedly but has NHS policy changed?

Not too sure but I've still got a set from when I broke my heel in 2017 and they've never asked for them back 

7 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:
12 minutes ago, Northboy said:

Not too sure but I've still got a set from when I broke my heel in 2017 and they've never asked for them back 

I'm talking early 90s so policy might well have changed.