Sign in to follow this  
bennett

6th March, StMirren visit Ibrox

19 minutes ago, G51 said:

No one likes Tom Miller really do they.

He's fine for radio commentary, but on TV commentary he finds himself filling dead air with some terrible opinions.

We've got a couple who mostly do away games who are similar. One is spends the game trying to talk about everything but commentating on the game and the other is a supporter who is so biased it becomes quite wearing. I tend to have to turn the sound down.

Our first choice home commentators aren't too bad. One of them is Alan McManus, who is our head of youth development.

Best I've heard was Jock Brown, who did the home team commentary at our away game v Motherwell.

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I wonder, for example, if Rangers will use their Champions League money from next season to repay all the small businesses they screwed over in 2012.

Or is doing the right thing an alien concept as long as you beat Celtic to the title?

Boy I know went round each company owed money from the old co and paid them out of his own pocket, much respect to fans who did things like this

We've got a couple who mostly do away games who are similar. One is spends the game trying to talk about everything but commentating on the game and the other is a supporter who is so biased it becomes quite wearing. I tend to have to turn the sound down.
Our first choice home commentators aren't too bad. One of them is Alan McManus, who is our head of youth development.
Best I've heard was Jock Brown, who did the home team commentary at our away game v Motherwell.
I thought Gus MacPherson on co-comms for Killie was brilliant.

Clive is a class above everyone else but that's to be expected, then Jock Brown for the nostalgia.

On the whole the Prem clubs can give themselves a pat on the back for the production and stream quality this season, had the fear it was going to be a shit show (no pun intended for jobby gate).

You'd actually think Rangers tv was a Sky Sports or BT sports, it's that professional looking and it is the fairest price out of all the clubs. That's about as nice as I am going to get about them though .

5 hours ago, Ric said:

Gerrard making a really weird quote: "..knock all the 54's off the wall for 55 and add to the wonderful history at this football club."

It's almost like he thinks this is the old Rangers and not the new Rangers. I mean I, for one, would certainly congratulate the new Rangers on their very first league title, but assuming 1 == 55 is a some crazy maths, even for someone coming from Liverpool.

To be fair no one round that way counts very well so its a perfect fit.

If they did well you know the rest

2 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Sticks in my head that we tried it against Celtic, I want to say in the  Gravesen hat-trick game, and Gus changed it after about half an hour. I could be massively mis-remembering that, tbf.

I remember being at the game but not our formation and I think I've blocked out most of the performance.

Was in the Family stand when he scored at least one of them.

I do remember that we just didn't lay a glove on them.

1 minute ago, Jinky67 said:

GIF by Hyper RPG

I love that goal...  But did Billy Davies not score a worldie there..?  I think I remember it being used in the opening credits of Scotsport when i was a yooth... 

I'm torn, as in my mind it was a looping volly from miles out.  Don't want to youtube it in case it's not as I remember... 

2 minutes ago, Doctor Sanchez said:

I love that goal...  But did Billy Davies not score a worldie there..?  I think I remember it being used in the opening credits of Scotsport when i was a yooth... 

I'm torn, as in my mind it was a looping volly from miles out.  Don't want to youtube it in case it's not as I remember... 

Of course I checked it out.  😋

It's not a volly.

It's not a worldie.

Fucking great strike tho...

5 minutes ago, Doctor Sanchez said:

That goal was in the top 50 goals in Europe video not sure if it was just for that year or the decade but was definitely in it.

10 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Can't buy the game Rangers TV can't reach my e-mail AOL 😫 

To be fair, it’s difficult to send an email back to 2002.

11 hours ago, Munoz said:

Is this the best goal ever at Ibrox? Aye. 

Up until then Rangers had been going great guns in the league and if they'd won that day would've gone 10 points ahead of Celtic - I always feel that goal (and what a goal :clapping ) was the first nail in their coffin...🔨

Edited by btb

7 minutes ago, G51 said:

To be fair, it’s difficult to send an email back to 2002.

It does say they are having problems contacting yahoo / sky / AOL e-mail addresses to confirm e-mail address.  So you can't login to get the game. 

20 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Can't buy the game Rangers TV can't reach my e-mail AOL 😫 

AOL...more like LOL, is that the height of technology on Bute?

Get yourself a gmail address and you'll be sorted.

4 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

It does say they are having problems contacting yahoo / sky / AOL e-mail addresses to confirm e-mail address.  So you can't login to get the game. 

Just get yourself a wee Gmail, be grand

18 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

What’s actually the official verdict on this ? Is there one ? Do the history books class it as 1 or 55 ?

Given the vast amount of mutants who have congregated at Ibrox, is it safe for the Saints personnel to travel there?
Game off IMO.