6th March, StMirren visit Ibrox

3 minutes ago, AllyM said:

Indeed, There is a nice symmetry, given their respective financial "advantages", that Manchester City are going for a quadruple in England and Europe whilst Rangers do the same, at a rather more modest level, In Scotland and Europe (lite).

Wait.............

best friends laughing GIF by ABB Formula E

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

Yeah, I remember Gus talking many years ago now about disliking 3-5-2 for that reason as well.

Sticks in my head that we tried it against Celtic, I want to say in the  Gravesen hat-trick game, and Gus changed it after about half an hour. I could be massively mis-remembering that, tbf.

Tell you what I’ll be turning the sound down during the game as I listened to that insufferable p***k who commentates for Rangers tv the last time we played Rangers at Ibrox. The guy is a dribbling mess. Easily the worst I’ve encountered.

57 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

You're not curious at all, you mischevous scamp, otherwise you'd have done some research.

I believe this is an example of what young people these days call "sealioning" and I refuse to be played.

Of course I am. I am genuinely curious to find out what we have possibly done this season that could be considered "financial cheating". You've not been able to provide me with a reasonable explanation as yet and I fully expect you'll give another non-committal answer again.

2 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

Tell you what I’ll be turning the sound down during the game as I listened to that insufferable p***k who commentates for Rangers tv the last time we played Rangers at Ibrox. The guy is a dribbling mess. Easily the worst I’ve encountered.

Let us all pray that Clive Tydesley is commentating instead of Tom.

5 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Tyldesley was very decent last time we played. Wasn't sure what to expect but he was well-researched and pretty balanced. 

Yeah, when Rangers first announced he was coming on board I wasn't particularly excited by it as I'd just been used to him giving it his pro-England commentary but he seems to have made a real effort to do his homework and has made remarks before about how he won't be biased towards Rangers and that he will say it how he sees it.

He is night and day compared to what we get from Tom our usual commentator who can't hide his bias.

13 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

I’m not having a pop just for the sake of it, I honestly couldn’t listen to him again. 

Oh I completely agree with you (assuming you mean Tom who is our usual commentator). He is very bad.

19 minutes ago, G51 said:

No one likes Tom Miller really do they.

He's fine for radio commentary, but on TV commentary he finds himself filling dead air with some terrible opinions.

We've got a couple who mostly do away games who are similar. One is spends the game trying to talk about everything but commentating on the game and the other is a supporter who is so biased it becomes quite wearing. I tend to have to turn the sound down.

Our first choice home commentators aren't too bad. One of them is Alan McManus, who is our head of youth development.

Best I've heard was Jock Brown, who did the home team commentary at our away game v Motherwell.

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I wonder, for example, if Rangers will use their Champions League money from next season to repay all the small businesses they screwed over in 2012.

Or is doing the right thing an alien concept as long as you beat Celtic to the title?

Boy I know went round each company owed money from the old co and paid them out of his own pocket, much respect to fans who did things like this

We've got a couple who mostly do away games who are similar. One is spends the game trying to talk about everything but commentating on the game and the other is a supporter who is so biased it becomes quite wearing. I tend to have to turn the sound down.
Our first choice home commentators aren't too bad. One of them is Alan McManus, who is our head of youth development.
Best I've heard was Jock Brown, who did the home team commentary at our away game v Motherwell.
I thought Gus MacPherson on co-comms for Killie was brilliant.

Clive is a class above everyone else but that's to be expected, then Jock Brown for the nostalgia.

On the whole the Prem clubs can give themselves a pat on the back for the production and stream quality this season, had the fear it was going to be a shit show (no pun intended for jobby gate).

You'd actually think Rangers tv was a Sky Sports or BT sports, it's that professional looking and it is the fairest price out of all the clubs. That's about as nice as I am going to get about them though [emoji8].

5 hours ago, Ric said:

Gerrard making a really weird quote: "..knock all the 54's off the wall for 55 and add to the wonderful history at this football club."

It's almost like he thinks this is the old Rangers and not the new Rangers. I mean I, for one, would certainly congratulate the new Rangers on their very first league title, but assuming 1 == 55 is a some crazy maths, even for someone coming from Liverpool.

To be fair no one round that way counts very well so its a perfect fit.

If they did well you know the rest

I love that goal...  But did Billy Davies not score a worldie there..?  I think I remember it being used in the opening credits of Scotsport when i was a yooth... 

I'm torn, as in my mind it was a looping volly from miles out.  Don't want to youtube it in case it's not as I remember...