6th March, StMirren visit Ibrox

1 hour ago, Ric said:

Gerrard making a really weird quote: "..knock all the 54's off the wall for 55 and add to the wonderful history at this football club."

It's almost like he thinks this is the old Rangers and not the new Rangers. I mean I, for one, would certainly congratulate the new Rangers on their very first league title, but assuming 1 == 55 is a some crazy maths, even for someone coming from Liverpool.

SEVCO!

1 hour ago, Ric said:

Gerrard making a really weird quote: "..knock all the 54's off the wall for 55 and add to the wonderful history at this football club."

It's almost like he thinks this is the old Rangers and not the new Rangers. I mean I, for one, would certainly congratulate the new Rangers on their very first league title, but assuming 1 == 55 is a some crazy maths, even for someone coming from Liverpool.

happy hour drinking GIF

2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

We should be going there set up to win and feeling very confident of getting at least a point from the game.

It looks very much like Rangers have bought the title this season through financial cheating and it would be a shame on principal if they were to clinch it against a very well run club like St Mirren.

Happy Star Trek GIF

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

Oh there's nothing we can do about it but it should be brought up at every possible opportunity.

A tainted title is a tainted title.

The old Rangers used the same tactic to cheat their way to multiple titles during the 90s and early 2000s. Tainted title the lot of them. Remind us all how that worked out?

the sandlot smiling GIF

Oh there's nothing we can do about it but it should be brought up at every possible opportunity.

A tainted title is a tainted title.

The old Rangers used the same tactic to cheat their way to multiple titles during the 90s and early 2000s. Tainted titles the lot of them. Remind us all how that worked out?

If you are happy to celebrate tainted titles that your club has cheated to win or laugh this off then I suppose that says a fair bit about you.

Can't wait to get it wrapped up and celebrate.

Thanks for those enjoyable posts, it makes it so much more sweeter.

1 hour ago, Ric said:

Sounds about right when you consider the number one million consists of 8 figures. Must work to a different sequence of numbers than traditionally known. 

22 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

We should be going there set up to win and feeling very confident of getting at least a point from the game.

It looks very much like Rangers have bought the title this season through financial cheating and it would be a shame on principal if they were to clinch it against a very well run club like St Mirren.

I’d be intrigued to hear the examples of “financial cheating” you describe.

I wonder, for example, if Rangers will use their Champions League money from next season to repay all the small businesses they screwed over in 2012.

Or is doing the right thing an alien concept as long as you beat Celtic to the title?

Black Men Smile GIF by Luke Cage

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I wonder, for example, if Rangers will use their Champions League money from next season to repay all the small businesses they screwed over in 2012.

Or is doing the right thing an alien concept as long as you beat Celtic to the title?

You said we were "financial cheating" this season though and bought the title. Please, explain. I'm very curious.

Celebrate what?

If Ross County spent countless millions they don't possess they would also win the league title.

It's not much of an achievement really.

Meanwhile real football fans know that St Johnstone winning the Cup is an actual major achievement.
And the interest is in the battle for 3rd/4th, the battle for the last European slot (assuming the Scottish Cup is cancelled), the relegation battle and the competition to see who gets promoted from the Championship.

I might be wrong, but I suspect fans of most other clubs don't really care about who wins the top flight.

season 1 laughing GIF by BBC

We're still far from full strength for this, but at least we'll have been slightly rested. 

Expect the 5-3-1-1 to continue, with Obika up front, McGrath off him, and maybe JDH, Erhahon and either Flynn or McPherson across the middle. Note that that's not us making special measures for Rangers: it's how we typically line up.

9 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Celebrate what?

If Ross County spent countless millions they don't possess they would also win the league title.

It's not much of an achievement really.

Meanwhile real football fans know that St Johnstone winning the Cup is an actual major achievement.
And the interest is in the battle for 3rd/4th, the battle for the last European slot (assuming the Scottish Cup is cancelled), the relegation battle and the competition to see who gets promoted from the Championship.

I might be wrong, but I suspect fans of most other clubs don't really care about who wins the top flight.

I love posts like this, an absolutely wonderful post.

48 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Lovely.  Just lovely. 

Just now, bennett said:

We're going to see loads of them over the next few months. An incredible privilege to be able to observe them.

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

That's not how I've seen it. Watching games, we seem to only ever have 3 at the back (when  we don't play with 4 of course) with Tait and Durmus generally playing further forward than that. In fact we routinely see Fraser bombing up the right wing with Tait ahead of him.

On the left, Durmus does seem to play a bit deeper but I wouldn't describe him as playing in defence.

Fair enough. TBH, I tend to use 3/5 fairly interchangeably in that instance. It amounts to much the same.

Just now, oaksoft said:

I suppose so.

The danger of the 5 is that if we are under pressure (and maybe Rangers will do that to us this time round), there is a tendency for it to become a 5 at the back which means we will probably end up camped in there for the entire game because we'll have no outlet. I really hope we don't go down that route and maintain as high a line as possible. Just like we did when we dominated them in the Cup.

I broadly dislike a 3/5 for that reason. It's been well discussed but Mason doing a job on Tavernier was key that night.

Our attitude towards games against Rangers/Celtic has been much improved since the 3-0 at Ibrox (the 4-0 to Celtic was an aberration and we actually set up/started well). I mainly hope we continue that tomorrow.

23 minutes ago, bennett said:

Indeed, There is a nice symmetry, given their respective financial "advantages", that Manchester City are going for a quadruple in England and Europe whilst Rangers do the same, at a rather more modest level, In Scotland and Europe (lite).

Wait.............