Simple vote: Do you think whoever ends up in 11th will win the playoff?

Promotion / Relegation play off games  

260 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 hours ago, Ric said:

Unsure if I find 14/15 or 18/19 the more enjoyable.

2015/16 was a glorious weekend.

Hibs beat Sevco in the cup final on the Saturday and then leathered their fans all over Glasgow.

Killie smashed Falkirk on the park on the Sunday to reconfirm their position on our mantlepiece.

1 hour ago, Sortmeout said:

Hibs beat Sevco in the cup final on the Saturday and then leathered their fans all over Glasgow.

Killie smashed Falkirk on the park on the Sunday to reconfirm their position on our mantlepiece.

Fairly obviously enjoyed the Saturday, but i must admit I pissed myself laughing (while steaming, obvs) at our parade on the Sunday when I heard your result - Falkirk had been the bane of our lives for much of that season so to see them slapped down was amusing.

17 hours ago, ArabAuslander said:

Since the Playoffs were restarted in 2013-14, the Championship side has only won on two out of six occasions

• 2013-14: Hamilton Accies 2-2 (4-3 pens) Hibernian (0-2 first leg)
  • 2014-15: Rangers 1-6 Motherwell (1-3 first leg)
  • 2015-16: Falkirk 1-4 Kilmarnock (1-0 first leg)
  • 2016-17: Dundee United 0-1 Hamilton Accies (0-0 first leg)
  • 2017-18: Livingston 3-1 Partick Thistle (2-1 first leg)
  • 2018-19: Dundee United 1-1 (0-2 pens) St Mirren (0-0 first leg)

It's worth bearing in mind that 6 is not a big sample 
A 4:2 split would be unremarkable in a coin tossing contest.

On current form, I would fancy QotS chances against Hamilton, Kilmarnock or Ross County. While I don't think Killie are necessarily the worst side of the 3, they do look the most demoralised and least up for the scrap so probably would be the most vulnerable in a play off battle.

4 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

14/15 for me.  We swatted aside Falkirk to win the big one, then the next day Rangers, fresh from a midweek bodying at Ibrox, went to Fir Park, got another bodying, then this happened - 

image.jpeg.24ff4f20e032c25dee21c91f41c2620e.jpeg

44 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Sums up how much of a joke of a club Hibs are where this is an actual thing.

Yo-yo.

Certainly cant compete with a club that has several wins in the Ayrshire Cup and "winning" the UEFA fair play ranking among their major honours.

1362085742_Screenshot2020-12-07at08_49_39.png.a8eddec94f720c66a7b1d7b5e8ac83d5.png

If any of the Championship teams currently in the play off places are playing thier best starting 11, I see absolutely nothing but a win for the Championship side. Ross County, Kilmarnock and Hamilton have been shite all season.

I personally think it will be a Dundee v Ross County final. We could beat them no probs as long as we have McGhee, Adam, Cummings, McMullen and Fagan-Wallcott all starting*.

*Depends on McPake's sacking.

14/15 was clearly the best.

That said, I thoroughly enjoyed that baldy, raging Killie fan getting huckled out leaving his young son alone in tears in the stand during their doing of Falkirk.

I would strongly fancy any of the premiership teams this year. Raith seems to be capable of pulling off the odd mad result so they could make it interesting but over the 2 legs I think any of the bottom 3 would have enough to get through it.

4 hours ago, johnnydun said:

If any of the Championship teams currently in the play off places are playing thier best starting 11, I see absolutely nothing but a win for the Championship side. Ross County, Kilmarnock and Hamilton have been shite all season.

I personally think it will be a Dundee v Ross County final. We could beat them no probs as long as we have McGhee, Adam, Cummings, McMullen and Fagan-Wallcott all starting*.

*Depends on McPake's sacking.

😆😆😆

That's comedy gold hahaha. The championship is very poor this year, whatever team from the championship that plays in the final will be well beaten. Also, Dundee will certainly not be in the final haha. 

43 minutes ago, MS RR said:

😆😆😆

That's comedy gold hahaha. The championship is very poor this year, whatever team from the championship that plays in the final will be well beaten. Also, Dundee will certainly not be in the final haha. 

Tough game for Falkirk this weekend aye?

5 hours ago, johnnydun said:

I think it's fair to assume that, since we'll get Adam back next week, once we have McGhee and perhaps Jakubiak back in the last few weeks of the season, there could be a late push from us over the other play-off opponents just through the sheer ability of the players.

It won't happen, but it'll be interesting to see what we'll be like getting some key players back just as we're ramping up towards the play-offs themselves.

48 minutes ago, MS RR said:

😆😆😆

Enjoy Jordon Forster.

Since the Playoffs were restarted in 2013-14, the Championship side has only won on two out of six occasions
Spoiler

• 2019-20: Not Held

It's usually a narrow win for the Premiership side. Considering that this season seems like a very average Championship, you'd have to say that the Premiership club are definitely favourites.

The first three playoffs were outstanding entertainment with Motherwell bodying Sevco being the best of the bunch. I doubt a nation of football fans have ever been so united over a club football game as we were in our support of Motherwell and they delivered. Could write a novel on the amount of shenanigans surrounding both legs of that playoff.

11 hours ago, Sarto Mutiny said:
22 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:
"Sleeping giants", etc, etc
Trust me, it's 18/19

Given where we are now and where he is now, I can laugh about Robbie Neilson punching the air at full time now, but at the time....aargh

I watched that and wondered if I even understood football.

10 minutes ago, BucksburnDandy said:
On 04/03/2021 at 19:47, ArabAuslander said:
Spoiler
  Reveal hidden contents

• 2019-20: Not Held

It's usually a narrow win for the Premiership side. Considering that this season seems like a very average Championship, you'd have to say that the Premiership club are definitely favourites.

The first three playoffs were outstanding entertainment with Motherwell bodying Sevco being the best of the bunch. I doubt a nation of football fans have ever been so united over a club football game as we were in our support of Motherwell and they delivered. Could write a novel on the amount of shenanigans surrounding both legs of that playoff.

I was there but I would read that

The Motherwell hiding of Sevco was absolutely glorious. The pumping they dished out at Ibrox was tremendous, but the game at Fir Park was legendary.

There were just so many elements and incidents that made it an utter classic and incredibly enjoyable, such as:

- Sevco getting a vastly reduced allocation and endlessly greeting bitterly about it

- Pearson absolutely snapping The Grass early on and totally getting away with it

- Sevco being denied what was almost certainly a penalty

- The first goal where Cammy Bell seemed to forget how gravity and hands worked

- The flagpole in the puss for The Grass

- Big deflection for the second

- The Grass giving away a penalty

- Tears in the away end

- Motherwell fans goading the Sevco mutants on the pitch at full time 

- Moshni booting Erwin up the arse, hooking him then getting a red card

- Two more post match red cards

- The loud home support's taunting of Sevco and their scum c**t fans throughout the game

Edited by DA Baracus

55 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

The Motherwell hiding of Sevco was absolutely glorious. The pumping they dished out at Ibrox was tremendous, but the game at Fir Park was legendary.

There were just so many elements and incidents that made it an utter classic and incredibly enjoyable, such as:

- Sevco getting a vastly reduced allocation and endlessly greeting bitterly about it

- Pearson absolutely snapping The Grass early on and totally getting away with it

- Sevco being denied what was almost certainly a penalty

- The first goal where Cammy Bell seemed to forget how gravity and hands worked

- The flagpole in the puss for The Grass

- Big deflection for the second

- The Grass giving away a penalty

- Tears in the away end

- Motherwell fans goading the Sevco mutants on the pitch at full time 

- Moshni booting Erwin up the arse, hooking him then getting a red card

- Two more post match red cards

- The loud home support's taunting of Sevco and their scum c**t fans throughout the game

Twist and Shout becoming a proper Scottish football anthem