Simple vote: Do you think whoever ends up in 11th will win the playoff?

Promotion / Relegation play off games  

260 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Can’t wait for Sky to put it on Sky Sports 10 and have about 5 minutes of punditry either side of the games before showing an OF rerun.
Tbf the post below has set out the angle they'll take:
Agree, and another similarity seems to be that both teams rely heavily on their (ex-Rangers) talismen. Saw the goals from the Dundee match and thought they had a real chance of coming up with Adam pulling the strings like that.

Then watched the Killie highlights and suddenly I fancy them with Lafferty playing like he did. 

11 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Kilmarnock and Dundee are two teams that score freely and concede freely

This playoff final should be worth watching

We have only conceded 3 goals in our last 7 games.

53 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

We have only conceded 3 goals in our last 7 games.

But 40  over the season is only topped by the basket case defences of Alloa and QOTS

Nonetheless you make a good point. Quality is less important than performance in the play off final and  this is a Dundee side that appear to have found form at the right time. 

On 23/03/2021 at 02:35, RossBFaeDundee said:

Had a quick look at the PPG of all the finalists from the Championship in play-off finals along with the 3 teams tied for the 2nd spot on points. As it stands, whoever it is will be the worst via PPG to make it to the final.

Playoff finalists PPG:

Falkirk (15/16) - 1.94
Rangers (14/15) - 1.86 (Finished in 3rd)
Hamilton Accies (13/14) - 1.86
Dundee United (18/19) - 1.81
Livingston (17/18) - 1.72
Dundee United (16/17) - 1.58 (Finished in 3rd)
Dunfermline Athletic (20/21) - 1.58
Raith Rovers (20/21) - 1.50 (Currently 2nd)
Dundee (20/21) - 1.50

Meanwhile, these are the PPGs of all teams who finished in 11th place (last season excluded) compared with the 3 favourites for finishing in the spot.

11th placers PPG:

Motherwell (14/15) - 0.95
Kilmarnock (15/16) - 0.95
Hibernian (13/14) - 0.92
Hamilton Accies (16/17) - 0.92
Ross County (20/21) 0.88
Partick Thistle (17/18) - 0.87
Kilmarnock (20/21) - 0.85 (Currently 11th)
St Mirren (18/19) - 0.84
Hamilton Accies (20/21) 0.82

Pretty basic way of looking at things, but it suggests that we could well see likely the worst team to qualify for the final via the Championship and possibly one of the worst to finish 11th in the Premiership. Almost evens it up imo... but still I'd say the Prem teams have the advantage in "quality".

As it turns out Dundee Finished mid table1.67 PPG
Kilmarnock are currently also mid table on 0.89 although a win at Hamilton would see them equal their 2016 total

* bumpity bump *

Now we know the two teams, and the performances both in the Championship playoff deciders and the last couple of games in the Premiership, has anyone changed their minds?

It will be a close tie. Would imagine that the loser should win the Championship pretty handily next season.

If we get relegated I'm expecting it to take at least three years to get back up. We are neither a big enough club nor do we have a wealthy backer that will spend our way out.

I'd say it's maybe not the strongest division next year, but Dunfermline, Thistle and Rovers will all fancy their chances and we have a manager and players who have never been there before.

19 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I can imagine a scenario like the one when Killie were last in the play off. A tight edgy 1st game which Dundee may draw or get a 1-0 win, then Killie will hammer them in the second game

Agree with this.

10 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

If we get relegated I'm expecting it to take at least three years to get back up. We are neither a big enough club nor do we have a wealthy backer that will spend our way out.

I'd say it's maybe not the strongest division next year, but Dunfermline, Thistle and Rovers will all fancy their chances and we have a manager and players who have never been there before.

Caley or Partick ?

34 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Cannot see any chance of Dundee beating Killie over 2 games.  

This. I watched Dundee-Raith game, and I've seen Killie twice over the past couple of weeks. Killie have obviously got significant weaknesses that Wright wasn't able to address because the squad needs ripping up (tl;dr their keepers are shite)... but they will have far too much for Dundee, whose squad is full of the sorts of players who look good at Champ level but would be basically pointless in the top flight. Killie's ropey defence will have a far easier time against the likes of McMullan, Gowser, etc.

22 hours ago, craigkillie said:

I'd say it's maybe not the strongest division next year, but Dunfermline, Thistle and Rovers will all fancy their chances and we have a manager and players who have never been there before.

It'll be the most open title race in years I would think. If we stay down we should be favourites, but I know we'll make a fucking headache of it.