Simple vote: Do you think whoever ends up in 11th will win the playoff?

Promotion / Relegation play off games  

260 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 05/03/2021 at 15:00, Sortmeout said:

Sums up how much of a joke of a club Hibs are where this is an actual thing.

Yo-yo.

I bet you feel stupid now, considering you're facing relegation right in the face haha. 

I voted 'No', but the reality is the Championship side that makes the final should get absolutely bodied by the team in 11th this year. Standard is spectacularly shite this year. Much shiter than most. Hearts would be rooted to the bottom spot were they in the top flight with their squad and manager yet are absolutely cantering their way to the title.

I mean if we are basing this on what they bring, then hell, chuck out perma-no-fan clubs like St Johnstone and bring in crowd pleasers like Dunfermline and Raith.
We're not though, sadly, and this is more about who will win on the pitch rather than what a team brings to the league, and I see from your vote you don't think any of the Championship sides will make the grade. To be fair, it's the position I hold too.
Moron.

Killie v Ayr would be interesting.

I would say the favourite has lost the play off as often as they've won it, so this is a tougher one to call than it might seem. The games are nervy and sometimes wild and can take on a dynamic all of their own. Who cares about the title, this is where the real fun lies.

13 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Not really. It’s not as if we weren’t facing relegation when I made the post.

I bet you feel stupid now, haha.

Yeah but once you get relegated you'll probably be down for a while, so I wouldn't be goading hibs for being a yoyo team. Not clever in your current position haha

1 hour ago, MS RR said:

Yeah but once you get relegated you'll probably be down for a while, so I wouldn't be goading hibs for being a yoyo team. Not clever in your current position haha

If we were down for a while we wouldn’t be a yo-yo team.

You’re not very good at this are you? 

13 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

If we were down for a while we wouldn’t be a yo-yo team.

You’re not very good at this are you? 

Exactly, you wouldn't be good enough to be a yoyo team, that's the point haha. 

• 2 weeks later...

Dundee or either Fife team would win the playoff final if they could come up with two good performances in a row and it’s not too hard to envisage that happening. Envisaging any of them sticking four or even six good performances together in a row to qualify and then win it seems a bit mor far fetched

I should add that now Morton have seen sense and decided to draft in St Mirren legends, I'm all aboard the blue and white playoff express and will be rooting for wee Gus to shoot down any of the possible four play off candidates after first dispatching the Championship East Coast rabble.

51 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Dundee or either Fife team would win the playoff final if they could come up with two good performances in a row and it’s not too hard to envisage that happening. Envisaging any of them sticking four or even six good performances together in a row to qualify and then win it seems a bit mor far fetched

So do you think whoever gets to the final, no matter how stupidly, has a decent shot then?

I have no idea the real quality in the Championship this season.

Hearts are strolling it, but even they seem to occasionally drop points.

The teams battling for the playoff place in the Premiership are inconsistent - but occasionally capable of good performances / scoring goals.

So, for me - yes, the team in 11th will win over the two legs.

15 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I'm going to be honest, if a James McPake led team is promoted in any way to the top table of Scottish Football then the time truly has come to allow Covid-19 to infect us all. 

I genuinely envisage it being like Brechin's promotion to the Championship in 2017. Cracking at the time, but a precursor to a miserable fall.

Hope not!