The Ongoing Breakdown of the United Kingdom (Or the Other Empty-Headed Natters Thread)

NotThePars

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

Is the Northumbria Independence Party advocating the return of the ancient Kingdom of Northumbria? 

Edinburgh would be part of that, we'd be rid of the Weegees and the Fifers and we could have a Greggs' monopoly.

pictured: Jackie Baillie putting down a potential Geordie annexation of the Lothians: 

tumblr_mzg3ebczja1ru67qro4_r1_400.jpg.0e604863c7c9f6821cd7bee42f9ee10b.jpg

I think it's just a useful historical reference point to highlight a division between the north and the south. Maybe if it happens and Scottish independence goes pear shaped then we could have a vibey conflict for each other's historic border regions.

Can't we just swap the borders with the North of England, like in the Simpsons episode where Homer became sanitation commissioner and ruined Springfield so they moved the whole town five miles down the road? Just swap all the people around, it's what they'd want.

35 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Can't we just swap the borders with the North of England, like in the Simpsons episode where Homer became sanitation commissioner and ruined Springfield so they moved the whole town five miles down the road? Just swap all the people around, it's what they'd want.

They could do China Mieville's The City and the City and just have both states overlapping.

Come the apocalypse, you're all welcome in the Republic of Dave.

We're always looking for recruits in the Army of Dave (current personnel: 2), and the Bureau of Dave-like Activities.

5 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Come the apocalypse, you're all welcome in the Republic of Dave.

We're always looking for recruits in the Army of Dave (current personnel: 2), and the Bureau of Dave-like Activities.

Uk ambassador to the Republic of Dave.

Trigger_Only_Fools.jpg.1e079409e2879a764e50d0e622f88b03.jpg

19 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Ron Paul it's happening.gif

Despite the Tories acting almost to the letter how I'd choose for them to act, as a supporter of independence, I still have this strong desire to sit them down and explain to them exactly how fucking stupid they're being.

It's actually nice to see how fresh faced and idealistic the Welsh movement is. They've not yet had the onslaught of too wee too poor too stupid from Welsh unionists and the WM machine, probably because they're not taken seriously yet. 

It'll probably crank up soon if support keeps rising. I think the early covid response really opened a lot of their eyes, and even although those variables have all changed a lot, once the eyes are open it's hard to force them shut again (shit analogy I know). JRM in particular ground a lot of Welsh gears iirc when they suggested closing the borders 

Edited by madwullie

Jesus, I don't know why, but it'd never occurred to me that there would be such a thing as Welsh Unionists.

Somewhere in Wales, there's a shaven-headed lunatic stalking around in an England shirt screaming Rule Britannia in a Welsh accent and trying to goad passers-by into fighting them as proof of Welsh bigotry.

32 minutes ago, The Golden God said:

I'm 100 percent pro Indy but Wales shouldn't even be allowed to entertain the idea while their national cricket team is called England

They don't have a cricket team?

Liking Wales more and more.

16 hours ago, madwullie said:

It's actually nice to see how fresh faced and idealistic the Welsh movement is. They've not yet had the onslaught of too wee too poor too stupid from Welsh unionists and the WM machine, probably because they're not taken seriously yet. 

It'll probably crank up soon if support keeps rising. I think the early covid response really opened a lot of their eyes, and even although those variables have all changed a lot, once the eyes are open it's hard to force them shut again (shit analogy I know). JRM in particular ground a lot of Welsh gears iirc when they suggested closing the borders 

As soon as support hits 40+% they'll see the "eat your cereal" advert but with Welsh accents.

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/03/2021 at 22:40, BFTD said:

Jesus, I don't know why, but it'd never occurred to me that there would be such a thing as Welsh Unionists.

Somewhere in Wales, there's a shaven-headed lunatic stalking around in an England shirt screaming Rule Britannia in a Welsh accent and trying to goad passers-by into fighting them as proof of Welsh bigotry.

Craig Bellamy said the area of Cardiff he is from is "real Celtic". This implies there's an area of Cardiff that is "real Rangers". Union flags and spitting feathers about Welsh language road signs

53 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Craig Bellamy said the area of Cardiff he is from is "real Celtic". This implies there's an area of Cardiff that is "real Rangers". Union flags and spitting feathers about Welsh language road signs

Celtic with a hard or soft 'C'?

It's hard to imagine Celtgers significantly infesting Wales, considering they have a variety of much more successful clubs within local reach, but there are eejits everywhere, I suppose.