The Ongoing Breakdown of the United Kingdom (Or the Other Empty-Headed Natters Thread)

NotThePars

Good news, HMS Dauntless is defending the realm once again and some engine repairs took only a modest six years to complete 

Bad news, amidst reports that an unexpected contact was made with the seabed. HMS Prince of Wales is heading for dry dock for a service with Amsterdam offering to help.

Edited by sophia

1 hour ago, sophia said:

Good news, HMS Dauntless is defending the realm once again and some engine repairs took only a modest six years to complete 

Bad news, amidst reports that an unexpected contact was made with the seabed. HMS Prince of Wales is heading for dry dock for a service with Amsterdam offering to help.

It must be time for someone to create charts of the seabed. 🤔

Quite surprised it's not been done by now, tbh. 😁

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
1 hour ago, sophia said:

That's the Prince of Wales, having suffered a broken shaft a year ago, now fit for some propulsion trials.

I can't help but think that the commissioning ceremony 2019 was premature.

I honestly thought you were on about the SNP ferries for a minute there

I see they've cancelled summer sailings to Campbeltown until the end of August.

https://news.stv.tv/highlands-islands/mv-hebridean-isles-ferry-route-cancelled-for-further-four-weeks-calmac-confirm

Or "all of summer then" as us sticklers for months and seasons would have it

12 minutes ago, orfc said:

https://news.stv.tv/highlands-islands/mv-hebridean-isles-ferry-route-cancelled-for-further-four-weeks-calmac-confirm

Rest and be thankful there's another route but the ruling of the waves, that takes a good shaft

2 hours ago, sophia said:

That's the Prince of Wales, having suffered a broken shaft a year ago, now fit for some propulsion trials.

I can't help but think that the commissioning ceremony 2019 was premature.

1 hour ago, orfc said:

I honestly thought that it might be something to do with pegging the Prince of Wales.

Anyway, now @orfc has crowbarred Calmac into the thread, who is going to tell him that their summer sailings timetable always runs from the end of March until the middle of October?

This practice dates from long before the SNP came to power.

Incidentally, I can recommend Wemyss Bay to Arran, then Arran to Skipness as being a far better trip from Ayrshire to Kintyre.

2 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

I honestly thought that it might be something to do with pegging the Prince of Wales.

Anyway, now @orfc has crowbarred Calmac into the thread, who is going to tell him that their summer sailings timetable always runs from the end of March until the middle of October?

This practice dates from long before the SNP came to power.

Incidentally, I can recommend Wemyss Bay to Arran, then Arran to Skipness as being a far better trip from Ayrshire to Kintyre.

It was but in the end it went way above @orfc's head

On 21/07/2023 at 23:10, lichtgilphead said:

Not as good as Ardrossan to Arran to Skipness.